3Bb And Internet Issues

zippydedodah

First time in a long time, my 3BB is pretty bad today. Locally (thailand), not bad, but MagicJack, for instance, can barely call out and one incoming call i received was so choppy i dumped it after 15 seconds.

Several pages i go to often won't load at all and some only open up half the page, etc...

I am in Sansai, right near Meechok Plaza

any idea whats up tiger lily?

The same sort of i8n the Changklan area.

I say sort of because for the last few days it won't even connect. I have an AIS air stick as a back up that I have to use more than I should at least once every three days. Some time just to get some speed as you say some web sites hardly open.

all is well for my internet now... might have been a DNS issue cuz my torrent download speeds never faltered during the whole affair... ah well, the internet gods have been appeased and i am thankful for that... however it happened

Can any members comment on the quality of 3BB in Nimmanhemin?

I assume they have an Digital TV service available also?

My comments above would be applicable. I'm in Nimman. I've never associated them with TV, so I can't comment on that.

Had problems for over 3 weeks and had called it in. Each one I contacted at 3BB acted like it was my fault and basically ignored me. Last Wednesday I had True Online cable installed and went downtown to Pantip and cancelled my 3BB international connection. So far True cable is working better then 3BB has ever done, plus True called the following day to check how the install went and how the internet is and this is something 3BB has never done. My location is pass Bo Sang on 1317 in Karnkanok development #1. P.S. I've had both TOT and 3BB internet, but True beats both of them hands down.

Edited by bob89110

my personal experience in 4 yrs here is that internet service varies from provider to provider and location to location. I had TOT out in Kankanok 4 and it was horrible... had 3bb here in sansai and it has been excellent and trouble free (over 98% of the time)... when we first moved in, 3BB came out to our house to set up the connection and wireless, since i complained in the first week about line dropping... they came out, fixed it up and think in the last 3 yrs only ever called in a complaint like twice... each time it was dealt with quickly and effectively.

Just to add -

Been having problems with 3BB over the past couple of weeks.

Today has really been bad - oddly, downloads not much trouble but uploads almost at a standstill.

In Nong Phueng, Saraphi.

Up until now 3BB has been great (not counting the odd 'blip').

From above post it seems certain areas of Chiangmai are having problems, but not all?

I pay 3BB for 13Mbps down/1 up - and got pretty close to that up to a couple of weeks ago.

This morning I get 8 down/0.3 up from a local server & 1 down/0.2 up internationally.

It doesn't seem to be back down in old Saraphi!

Same, same Nong Phueng, Saraphi.

9am back up to 1Mb/s up for 2 hours, since then 0.2Mb/s up only.

Left it running last night to see what was recorded - up and down like a yoyo.

Yes, last couple of weeks have been having this problem, no problems for at least three months before this.

Call Bangkok 1530, then 9 for English. Always helpful if a problem, and they tell me the issue. Couple of weeks back it went down, got a call back saying the power was cut at one of their sub stations and will be back on line in 2 hours. It was. smile.png

• Like 1

getting 1.3M down from youtube the last 2 days... fastest i have ever gotten... guess they made another one of their free upgrades? maybe that is why there have been intermittent problems over the last couple of weeks... upgrades going in? Just a guess...hey, TIT.

Call Bangkok 1530, then 9 for English. Always helpful if a problem, and they tell me the issue. Couple of weeks back it went down, got a call back saying the power was cut at one of their sub stations and will be back on line in 2 hours. It was. smile.png

I agree. After a couple of blissful days with 3BB, I had a major speed problem.

1530 and 9 had a man in my condo within a few hours. Problem was sorted out in ten minutes, and I was better than ever.

Well run service.

I dropped my TOT-based building LAN and bought a dedicated 3BB line a week ago.

Next door to Kad Suan Kaew, it's been consistent with advertised speed, and no loss of connection.

Hope it stays that way.

Have had 3BB since it first came to Cmai. Just moved from city to Sansai. Using a new ASUS Wireless router. Techs checked line in estate on Friday according to family but no go on Sunday when finally moved in and computer connected.

Phoned 3BB who asked to try the normal router, still no go. 3BB apologized and said techs would be at the house first thing Monday. I reconnected wireless router in anticipation.

Lo and Behold, the dogs alerted me to the techs at the electric pole outside the house first thing Mon AM 0830hrs, except the truck was TTnT. Asked if they were 3BB, I couldn't understand their answer. I shrugged, they left soon after.

Sat down to my computer to check some correspondence and casually glanced at the screen - my 3BB wireless was blazing away!

Color me a 3B Believer...thumbsup.gif