Wd Back Up Disk Drivers Suck.....

skippybangkok

Got a new 1TB back up disk to use on my Mac with Time Machine. It came bundled with drivers...... i started back up, and it said 4 hours, and then noticed Wester Digital had Mac drivers "turbo" to speed it up......

...end result, after 8 hours, only 1/2 done.

removed them tonight, wiped the half done disk, and am back to 4 hours again......

Loving Mac, but say that iWorks is no match for MS office, and MS office on Mac is about 80% of that on windows...... never the less, the usability and stability is great.

And..... ( got the retina with 512 GB flash SDD ) .... just open the MacBook, and its ready to use, non of the booting issues i was used to in Windows 7.

Happy Camper so far, but still getting used to new keyboard controls.

agree with negreanu,

timemachine is slow, because it does generate a catalog of _ALL_ files on your harddisc .. analayse each file about its state and change

and then write it to the external disc.

so yes it can take a very long time at first, or if the backup has not been runn for a while.

but what really concerns me are the "Drivers" you meantioned in the post ...

what exactly did you install ?

Mac-rule number 2: never install any drivers ;) it either works out of the box or you heading into trouble ;)

but say that iWorks is no match for MS office, and MS office on Mac is about 80% of that on windows

that is right, MS Office is the only Product Microsoft Bought in which actually really works.

and its also the only product providing a substantial excuse to Microsoft Windows ;)

there is simply nothing better ... you may get some trolls telling you about openoffice and other things .. but that is just not true.

however, iam not that much office loaded ... so i can not tell you on what to do .. so pages does the job for me ...

but honestly, if i had to use office on a daybyday basis i may would have a WinXP Machine with just Office on it somewhere in a closet to remote desctop there :P