Danish Tourists Charged With Sexual Assault In Thailand Released On Bail

webfact

This is a thirdworld country with the darkages laws,

and she took this risk of being raped in this place ?

When you walk through a minefield expect to lose a leg.

There's already been one <deleted> put in his place in this thread, so, please, don't be another.

She didn't risk being raped at all. She went back to a hotel with one bloke with whom she had sex after which she was raped by 2 of his mates. Read the original article - links in the Op.

• Like 2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article mention two Danish men released on bail - Charged with sexual assault, they have their passports sized to avoid them fleeing the country.

The girl has reported this for a reason - it could be what is mentioned in the article took place, it could also be that this is only one side of the story.

Don't judge, let the judge do his/her job. If they don't show up in court they are properly guilty, and will live the rest of their life as fugitives, at least until they one day get court.

When they get court they will be held responsible and face a fair trail. - no new passport will be issued to those guys from the Danish authorities, at least not it the authorities know they are released on bail.

If they manage to get a new passport anyway, I doubt they will have an easy way out of Thailand without an immigration card.

If they show up in court, their case will be processed. If they are guilty they should serve time - loong time. But if they are not then we have already made them guilty here on ThaiVisa!!!

It could be that the girl at first was OK with whatever they agreed, but later changed her mind?

It could also be that what is written in this article is all true, if it is I as a Dane is ashamed of the behavior from some of my fellow citizens.

Edited by Kripe

No one deserves to be raped. But this has yet to be medically established. The boys keeping quiet? Maybe a good ploy - maybe they have been told to zip it by legal counsel. They are out on bail which most likely means a push in the back towards a country exit - any exit. Sounds like the police just want it all to go away. Consensual sex was her motive for returning to the guys room, by the lady, when she walked in the door. Having two other guys there and then this (allegedly) occurs, I hold any judgement at this point as nothing is really clear. She may even been consenting to a 'menage a trois' but it got out of hand. There is no claim yet to physical bruising or damage so far and no results of the medial report unless I have missed that. Everything so far is speculation. Let's just wait and see.

No one deserves to be raped. But this has yet to be medically established. The boys keeping quiet? Maybe a good ploy - maybe they have been told to zip it by legal counsel. They are out on bail which most likely means a push in the back towards a country exit - any exit. Sounds like the police just want it all to go away. Consensual sex was her motive for returning to the guys room, by the lady, when she walked in the door. Having two other guys there and then this (allegedly) occurs, I hold any judgement at this point as nothing is really clear. She may even been consenting to a 'menage a trois' but it got out of hand. There is no claim yet to physical bruising or damage so far and no results of the medial report unless I have missed that. Everything so far is speculation. Let's just wait and see.

You're right about the speculation. So why speculate about her 'motive'?

Dutch woman, travelling alone. Goes to a bar alone, gets drunk. Goes up to a guy's room who she's just met.

Bright bulb, indeed.

Yeah...totally had it coming, right?!

Well deserved to be raped!

Travelling alone, going to bar alone, getting drunk, having sex with a guy...who does she think she is, expecting not to gang- raped by some manly men, travelling in smaller groups...

What a sad and stupid comment!

We don't know if she was raped, none of us was in the room. The story how it happened changes every time a new report is in the papers, could be she changes it, could be poor journalism. I find it odd that she goes to sleep after the alleged rape. It's supposed to be a serious trauma. I think it's possible she had consentual sex with the three guys, but changed her mind sobering up the next morning. I frequently do strange things when I'm pissed, and remember them differently, or not at all the next morning. If she tried to struggle and they subdued her, there must be marks on her body.

Anyway, she is an adult, and responsible not to set herself up in a potentially dangerous situation like this.

• Like 1

Dutch woman, travelling alone. Goes to a bar alone, gets drunk. Goes up to a guy's room who she's just met.

Bright bulb, indeed.

Thats totally normal in most western countries, just because they're women doesn't make them less horny. What guy in here hasn't done that? I'm just saying.

• Like 2

"they denied the accusations. The suspects refused to answer any questions or make any statements to police".

Doesn't go down well in Thailand, I believe you are suppose to make full admissions and sign pre prepared statements written in Thai.

The courts won't be happy with them trying to test the system and could be looking at a long stretch.

Hat's off to them very brave guys.

They could always " disappear ' and in 6 months there will be another headline that Thai and Danish police arrange more co-operation. Cynicism rules OK or KO if you are dyslectic

Why are you ridiculing the dyslectic, no call for that.

Reporting rape is quite a stressful thing to do and unlikely to be undertaken lightly by the person in question. It is also quite possible that the drinks were doctored: this cannot be factored out until scientific evidence is presented. Three men? What was the first one doing in the meantime? Taking a walk?

Reporting rape is quite a stressful thing to do and unlikely to be undertaken lightly by the person in question. It is also quite possible that the drinks were doctored: this cannot be factored out until scientific evidence is presented. Three men? What was the first one doing in the meantime? Taking a walk?

Does sound a bit pervy. sad.png

"they denied the accusations. The suspects refused to answer any questions or make any statements to police".

Doesn't go down well in Thailand, I believe you are suppose to make full admissions and sign pre prepared statements written in Thai.

The courts won't be happy with them trying to test the system and could be looking at a long stretch.

They could always " disappear ' and in 6 months there will be another headline that Thai and Danish police arrange more co-operation. Cynicism rules OK or KO if you are dyslectic

Sorry, just spotted from your spelling that maybe you're dyslexic, too. Many apologies.

Making no statement is the right thing to do. They should be demanding to make a call to their embassy and to ask for an attorney.

Their Embassy would normally be advised automatically by the police as soon as they had been arrested but the Embassy won't provide a lawyer.

koowee , many people will not understand this ....... great post kooweerup great town too.

She may have made a bad decision but I don't think any one wants to be Raped she when to the Cops and it all up to what happens in court,I hope the young girl will be O.K. after it is all said and done.All the post of should have know are all just opinions I was not there and the people who post all the negative things about the girl just not right . I am sure ever body always make the right choices here right. just my 2 cents

Quotes got me again.

Had a bad experience with a former wife my friend?

Not your friend, D.A.

I'm sick because I call the girl stupid?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me. If you don't want to be my friend then that's your choice my friend.

Maybe this lady did not use her best judgement but that in no way puts any responsibility on her for being raped. If a woman gets drunk, takes her clothes off and lies down in the street at midnight this does not justify anyone raping her. Nothing justifies rape.

Yeah so we're in agreement? She didn't use her best - or ANY - judgement. She's responsible for putting herself in the situation.

If I walk down the street in Compton at night with a $100-bill taped on my back pointing this fact out using as much volume as I can, do I deserve to get it taken off me?

I said she's dumb for what she did, and she is, and that's all. Essentially the same thing you said in your 2nd sentence. But you and the other dork are free to continue to put more words in my mouth... because you can.

If you did that $100 trick you certainly would deserve to have it taken from you as you would be showing your contempt for those not so fortunate as yourself. You would be telling everyone that you didn't care about $100 with your high volume pomposity.

What a foolish and neive statement! She wasn't wearing any sign that said come rape me. She met a bloke by all reports and hit it of with him same as many men do when meeting women. By the tone of your statement and statements by Potosi and Red Roo you all consider a woman that travels alone or hits it up with a bloke as being a slut and just asking to be raped? I see this type of coments mainly coming from countries such as Afganistan, India, Phakistan, etc

Just to correct you ..........

She was sitting in a bar in the red light district of CM surrounded by Thai prostitutes, on her own, and so drunk she could hardly stand up.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

What a foolish and neive statement! She wasn't wearing any sign that said come rape me. She met a bloke by all reports and hit it of with him same as many men do when meeting women. By the tone of your statement and statements by Potosi and Red Roo you all consider a woman that travels alone or hits it up with a bloke as being a slut and just asking to be raped? I see this type of coments mainly coming from countries such as Afganistan, India, Phakistan, etc

She was sitting in a bar in the red light district of CM surrounded by Thai prostitutes, on her own, and so drunk she could hardly stand up.

I can't see where you have corrected me? "She was sitting in a bar in the red light district of CM surrounded by

Thai prostitutes, on her own, and so drunk she could hardly stand up." Still where in your statement it says or she has a sign that states it's ok to rape me? And sorry I havn't read anywhere that states "she was so drunk she could hardly stand up". Even that being the case the original bloke should have at least helped her if he was any sort of human being

• Like 2

I can't see where you have corrected me? "She was sitting in a bar in the red light district of CM surrounded by

Thai prostitutes, on her own, and so drunk she could hardly stand up." Still where in your statement it says or she has a sign that states it's ok to rape me? And sorry I havn't read anywhere that states "she was so drunk she could hardly stand up". Even that being the case the original bloke should have at least helped her if he was any sort of human being

And do folk understand what type of bar it is.

Maybe TommoPhysicist was there? - she properly still did not have a sign saying rape me nomatter how drunk she might have been...

Yes that also

Were you there?

What does that have to do with anything? She wasn't in a 'please rape me' bar. It is perfectly normal for people that are not hookers or not interested in hookers to be in a bar with bar girls, it is a normal part of being a tourist and these bars are normally not dodgy at all. There are loads of western women in these type of bars and clubs every night in Thailand. This entire line of reasoning is awful, I shudder to think what some guys think when an actual bar girl goes back to a room with a customer and she is surprised by a gang of men who take turns on her against her will.

Not dodgy at all ....... are you insane.

Bars with prostitutes and short-time rooms out the back are not dodgy.

Bars where you can pay the bar to have sex with a prostitute are not dodgy.

Bars where most of the girls are taking yaa-ice are not dodgy.

Bars where unaccompanied Thai girls are forbidden to enter (no freelancers) are not dodgy.

Your definitions of dodgy and my definitions of dodgy are clearly much different.

At some stage in a person's life they must make some attempts for take a measure of personal effort to ensure their safety.

Yes I agree, nobody should be raped, but at least make some attempt to avoid such situations from occurring.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

@ Transam. "And do folk understand what type of bar it is."

@ DP25 What does that have to do with anything? She wasn't in a 'please rape

me' bar. It is perfectly normal for people that are not hookers or not

interested in hookers to be in a bar with bar girls, it is a normal part

of being a tourist and these bars are normally not dodgy at all. There

are loads of western women in these type of bars and clubs every night

in Thailand. This entire line of reasoning is awful, I shudder to think

what some guys think when an actual bar girl goes back to a room with a

customer and she is surprised by a gang of men who take turns on her

against her will.

You and Kripe are missunderstanding what Transam is saying! he is saying do tousists or non expats know what type of bar any bar is when they visit Thailand wai.gif