Retirement Extension Income Method At Khon Kaen

Will shortly be renewing retirement extension in Khon Kaen.

Have read on this forum that if the 65000 baht requirement per month is not met, then the balance can be made up with money in the Thai bank - however, it would seem that Khon Kaen requires the money to be in the bank for 3 months seasoning, not just on the day as in other immigration offices and as per the law.

Assuming that this is correct, would I have to give a letter from my Thai bank stating the balance in the account or would just showing the bank book updated on that day to the immigration be sufficient.

Anything below 44 to the pound will require the combo method for me.

Tks

Actually there is no requirement for any time in account normally for extensions of stay if using combined method at other locations - only for bank deposit only - and that is only 2 months for first extension of stay.

& yes -- difference in the bank (times 12 of course for 12 months), in the bank for no less than 3 months (required everywhere now) and as stated above. And you are very wise to watch the exchange rates ...

not ture;

combo method in Phuket

amount needs be in the bank only one day

For Americans;

the letter stating ur income from the US consolur or embassy is not enough any more and u need an addtional letter from ur bank

Edited by phuketrichard

There is no such requirement - but an officer can request proof of income at any time for any nationality and in that case you would provide whatever proof you have - pension statement, income proof, tax records, bank deposits or whatever. If it supports the figure on letter it will normally be accepted. IE there is no fixed format/answer.

Note that the heading on Police Order 777/2551 says that the following are:

Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien’s Application for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand

It does not say that, if you meet the following conditions, the responsible authority is somehow obligated to grant your extension of stay in the Kingdom without the request for any further basis for consideration.

PHUKET:

i have been to immigration and every one that has renewed their retirement extension here in Phuket in the past 4 months has been REQUIRED to provide a letter from their bank stating what the letter they receive from the us consoulr states,

Ask ANYONE in phuket if this is true if u dont believe me

It may not be law but we all know that each immigration office is a law unto itself

Edited by phuketrichard

& yes -- difference in the bank (times 12 of course for 12 months), in the bank for no less than 3 months (required everywhere now) and as stated above. And you are very wise to watch the exchange rates ...

For Americans;

the letter stating ur income from the US consolur or embassy is not enough any more and u need an addtional letter from ur bank

Can any body else confirm this because I know for a fact as of last Friday that was not true.

For Americans;

Can any body else confirm this because I know for a fact as of last Friday that was not true.

For PHUKET?????

as i keep stating

Actually there is no requirement for any time in account normally for extensions of stay if using combined method at other locations - only for bank deposit only - and that is only 2 months for first extension of stay.

Not True....

As i`ve been telling you and this forum for 3 years....Korat Immigration will NOT give you an extension ( first or further) on retirement part and part method unless the money part has been seasoned for 3 MONTHS....period.

Ignore the Written rules...they do not apply in various immigration offices.

I believe the poor OP was asking about Khon Kaen. Anyone have any first-hand info about the local rules there?

Money have to be seasoned for combo method, or not? Need to prove income actually comes into Thailand if using an Embassy Income Letter or not? What specific evidence is required, i.e. copies of what, letters stating what -- in English or Thai?

I think all that has been shown with discussions about Phuket and Korat is that the rules can vary among the different provinces. So ------- what are the rules in Khon Kaen?

Edited by NancyL

OOPS -- posted this to one of NancyL's other retirement queries:

I do not have KKC info on extension of visa based on retirement as to combination method. US Embassy letter accepted for 65K income straightforward. They were particular about proof of residence: Copy of blue book page of owner and copy of one year lease.

this is where lopburi is sometimes wrong,

There is no such requirement

Just because it is NOT a requirement in the rules each and every Immigration office applies the rules differently

so what is required by one may not be required by another

If person is asked to have something outside the rules like the 3 months seasoning on a combination of income a person can call the government hotline and they will get somebody on the line to listen to your complaint.

Yes, you can. But you have to go back to that office having caused one of their officers to lose face. Rather you than me.

I live in Khon Kaen and make a list of requiremets every year. This is my list from early October last year.

1. Passport original

2. Bank book original

3. Tabien Baan original

4. Original letter from British Embassy re pension income (must be new letter every year)

5. Original letter from bank stating current bank balance (obtain that day if possible)
NB money must have been in bank account for 60days preceding date of application.

N.B. Kasikorn Bank Tesco/Lotus branch does not open until 11am

6. Copy tabien baan first and second pages, ie address page and first person living there page

7. Copy of all used passport pages

8. Copy of all used bank book pages

9. Copy of wife's ID card, front and back

10. Completed form stating reason for living in Thailand (retirement)

11. Completed form giving bank details, name of bank, account number, pension received

monthly in pounds and in baht.

12. Completed application form TM7 with photo glued on, not stapled. Add your
phone number under your signature

13. 1900 baht

Note (a) items 4 to 12 must be signed and dated on each page.

Note (B) forms in items 10 and 11 have no TM form number but can be obtained from

immigration by asking the girl sitting at the desk immediately inside the door on the right.

Note © If 90 day report is done at the same time then separate copies of passport
pages are requiredplus completed TM47 document. Note that the latest visa page must be
copied including the page with the new visa you have just obtained

A copier is available outside.