Two Passports - Two Questions Concerning Me...

Shoeboat

I have been just been asked to come to the UK on family business next week but only last Tuesday (feb 27th) sent off my application for a new passport. I have received confirmation of payment from the office in Hong Kong but no idea when I will get it back.

I am also concerned because I my old passport is completely full - although there is one smudged/water damaged page which may or may not be accepted by immigration officers, I have no idea if I could use it. (pic attached)

Also, at what point in the application process does the existing full passport become obsolete on the computer system?

post-38272-0-77053000-1362214834_thumb.p

Edited by Shoeboat

According to the UK website as soon as your application is received by HK the old PP is cancelled electronically.

You'll need to go to the embassy and get an emergency travel document, 100 quid or so :(

Is there any way to speed up the application process? They have received payment so it should be sent out fairly soon. I am hoping that they request that you allow a month just to cover themselves. I have emailed them regarding my predicament but as yet no reply.

So i'll have to get an emergency travel document, which I won't be able to do until Monday. And that will be 5,000 baht?

Also, how will this work with the ED visa in my old passport and the re-entry permit I will inevitably have to get next week?

So i'll have to get an emergency travel document, which I won't be able to do until Monday. And that will be 5,000 baht?

Also, how will this work with the ED visa in my old passport and the re-entry permit I will inevitably have to get next week?

Maybe visit your local immigration office, they csn advice about your re-entry permit. Maybe!

Got a UK passport issued in 9 working days a few months back. Couriered the documents from Bangkok to Hongkers on the Monday, the passport was ready for me to pick up at the embassy in Yangon on the following Thursday. Lightning fast.

I will need to get the Emergency Travel Document. The HK office has been very helpful but there is no way i'll have it back by Friday.

So the following issues remain:

Can I use my old passport number to book the flight? (It is full up and can't be stamped but not yet deleted from the system)

Once I get my ET document, where will my ED visa stand? It is far from expired but in a full passport. I assume the re-entry permit will be stamped into the ET document.