Turnout Expected To Exceed 60%

Lite Beer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Results as they come in can be followed on NBT here http://tv.truelife.com/content/104617

Language Thai, but numbers are numbers. MR Sukhumbhant seems to have a growing lead from 58,000 1-1/2 hour ago to more than 71,000 now.

MR Sukhumbhant was quoted as saying to refrain from commenting till at least 80% of votes cast have been counted and at the Pheu Thai HQ, camp of his worthy opponent, we have Ms. Yingluck and top members refusing to comment until official results are final. No word from Pol. General Pongsapat as far as I know

The Nation has newsflashes with

At 6:17 pm, the BMA has finished counting the ballots by 5,892 out of 6,548 polling stations or by 89.98 per cent.
The results showed Sukhumbhand got 1,115,511 votes while Pheu Thai candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen got 949,i806 votes.
- See more at: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/89-98-per-cent-count-by-BMA-shows-Sukhubhand-earn--30201160.html#sthash.sRNXFucE.dpuf

Pheu Thai candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen announced that he has been defeated in the Bangkok governor election.
In a press conference at 6 pm, Pongsapat thanked those who voted for him.
He promised that he would be willing to help solve Bangkok's problems although he has not been elected.
- See more at: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Pongsapat-admits-defeat-30201159.html#sthash.X7bWjvAj.dpuf

Now for a recap on all type of promises the current government 'made' or just 'hinted at' if Pol. General Pongsapat was elected. Any clear promises which have nothing to to with whoever is the Bangkok governor?

I sincerely apologize for my multiple posts.

One would have been quite enough. Problems with busy server.

Thanks.

rc

I thought you were excited 555. Seriously, it takes about 3 or 4 goes to open a topic.

EPIC FAIL

Before, entry & exit polls all (maybe except 1) got it completely wrong.

Again

Either Thais are habitual liars, or, they aren't very good at statistical analysis.

Or maybe, both.

40% was undecided, or "none of your business to ask me who I am going to vote for"

EPIC FAIL

Again

Either Thais are habitual liars, or, they aren't very good at statistical analysis.

Or maybe, both.

Some people are probably nervous about giving the wrong answer during exit polls with the presence of red shirt 'observers' nearby

It appears the Bangkok voters have a good memory.

Not really, because nothing is going to change for them. I'll put money on that. Bangkok and it's corruption will remain in place as it was, as it has always been regardless of whatever Government got into power.

Not a bad result for PTP, they have enough to deal with without the added burden of a sinking city with major traffic issues, and the annual flood problems. Let us hope for the people of Bangkok the elected candidate in Bangkok will now move forward and go some way to resolving these problems.With the support of a government commited to providing assistance and making a visible difference to the future of the city.

EPIC FAIL

Again

Or maybe, both.

40% was undecided, or "none of your business to ask me who I am going to vote for"

Of course, 40% undecided makes it impossible to make a statistically significant answer. And yet the polls all talked with certainty.

Not a bad result for PTP, they have enough to deal with without the added burden of a sinking city with major traffic issues, and the annual flood problems. Let us hope for the people of Bangkok the elected candidate in Bangkok will now move forward and go some way to resolving these problems.With the support of a government commited to providing assistance and making a visible difference to the future of the city.

With the support of a government commited to providing assistance and making a visible difference to the future of the city.

So why did they have to send out an open letter to the people of Bangkok last Friday with the message:

Vote for Pongsapat if you want to enjoy full and seamless cooperation from PT.

Strange.

• Like 1