Normally How Much You Pay For Tax/insurance/service Together?

susanschwaiger

a quick ask:

I got my motorbike tax/insurance done by the shop where we bought the motorbike.Totally paid 1400 Baht.

I see the insurance for 1 year is about 400 baht.

And read from web that tax is 100 baht per year. Agent fee is normally 200 baht.

Why 1400 baht so high? (tax was due 2 months only, was the penalty that high?!?!?)

My hub said, last time, he also paid about 1500 bath together.

So.. curious.. want to know a bit more

Thanks

I get mine done by AA Insurance and pay the basic tax and insurance, plus their fee of 100 Baht. Last time I was about 2/3 months late the total cost was 439 Baht. Tax 100, Fee 100, Insurance 239. The insurance was lower than normal because as I was paying late and only had to pay the amount up to the next years tax date. Unknowingly uninsured for a couple of months but certainly no penalty charges and nothing like 1400 Baht. (Bike is a 125cc PCX).

• Like 1

Just back from the motorbike shop and got back 450baht.

The lady explained she paid for me 2 years tax (she thought I did not pay tax for 2 years!!) .

Geeeee..... Even 2 years tax is only 200 baht right...

Will never use their service again!

I did not think you could pay 2 years tax?? Have you got a tax disc for two years then?

Just back from the motorbike shop and got back 450baht.

The lady explained she paid for me 2 years tax (she thought I did not pay tax for 2 years!!) .

Geeeee..... Even 2 years tax is only 200 baht right...

Will never use their service again!

I did not think you could pay 2 years tax?? Have you got a tax disc for two years then?
If you miss a couple of years paying tax you have to pay it when you pay the new tax...plus a very small fine.

As I often am in the area of the vehicle registration department, but don't like the que, I just give the book to one of the little shops in front, never paid over 500 Baht, apart from once being several months late, then it was just over 500!

• Like 1