Pushing In Front Of Others

britgent

In Sorrento, Italy many years ago I was just about to get my couple of items scanned at the supermarket, when a little old lady walked up and calmly placed her half dozen items on the belt in front of mine.

Just as calmly I picked up all her purchases and placed them behind mine. She seemed to accept this turn of event, and not a word was said by any party.

• Like 2

I hear more huffing and puffing. . . OBVIOUSLY IF EVERYONE ELSE CUTS IN LINE, WHY DON'T U DO THE SAME?!!?!?! The majority of you old fat bald sexpats can easily muscles a 45 kg girl or man out of your way, why r you complaining about it? I learned very early on in my travels that if I am in a country (Laos, Vietnam, a lesser extent Thailand) that if people do not understand/respect a line, then I can do the same and being 190cm and 90kg I can make my presence felt. Problem solved.

The real test of good manners is to be patient with those who have none.

Agreed. Good point. Retain your dignity even if others have abandoned theirs.

Yes yes, but I got tired of having people depending on my being polite in order to allow them to be impolite. This includes the way people serve me in restaurants and bars. I have slid my working boots down peoples' shins, stood on their feet, put their stuff back in a basket, moved my hand towards their balls if they had any.. it doesn't only happen in Thailand.

One of the more inventive Queuing styles in Thailand!

734974_488717691166194_1454864667_n.jpg

Very innovative indeed, where was this picture taken? Just curious!

Ingenious, but not before long as the queue of shoes becomes more dense it soon turns into a rabble of footwear vying for the first position as is normal in Asia?