Samsung Galaxy S 4 Set For Launch On March 14

lomatopo

Samsung Galaxy S4 specifications tease biggest launch in company history

Chris Burns, Mar 4th 2013

This week were seeing more specification theories, leaks, and downright confirmations coming for the Samsung Galaxy S IV (or S4 if you prefer) than this devices imminent reveal would suggest. The big Samsung Be Ready 4 The Next Galaxy invites have been dropped and note a March 14th, 2013 event to be held in Times Square, New York City if thats not a massive venue, we dont know what is. Well certainly be there with bells on, but before we get there, lets have a peek at what we might to see!

With the Samsung Galaxy S III were going to see first and foremost a massive 4.99 (or straight up 5) inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. Thats Full HD, if you were wondering, and a pixels per inch ratio thats on-par with the densest devices on the market today. In contrast youll find the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 revealed last week with 189PPI not too next-level, but still perfectly nice when youre right up next to it with your face.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-specifications-tease-biggest-launch-in-company-history-04272386/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIEfNaNCkKM

post-9615-0-91534000-1362453287_thumb.jp

Couple weeks ago, after I bought an iPad 5 for my LLT, I told her that next gift would be an iPhone 5.

She is overly pleased with my generosity but said "Please wait for the iPhone 5S".

OK, but the 5S release seems to be away in September so what about the new new new Samsung Galaxy SIV coming out in March ?

I showed her its specs online but "No way", she said, "I don't like Samsung at all" ...

She is already bragging about her future iPhone 5S. Maybe, it's a more impressive status symbol than the Samsung ??

They'd cost the same to me ... smile.png

how much. ? :-)

I doubt they would price it to kill S3 sales or force them to lower the S3 retail price by a whole lot....if I had to guess it would be around 10-15% above whatever the current S3 retail store price is. Bleeding edge/impulse/gotta-have-the-latest-model type folks will always pay top dollar and manufacturers know this. But I'm guessing. And I will admit that if the price is not shocking I just may buy one later this fall/winter....need to get more use out of my first smartphone (a Samsung Ace 2) which I bought mid last year and meets my needs....plus waiting to fall/winter will give me more time to talk myself out of buying the top-end model for my modest smartphone realworld needs.

Couple weeks ago, after I bought an iPad 5 for my LLT, I told her that next gift would be an iPhone 5.

What is an LLT? Google did not help me.

S4 looks really impressive. The new Sense UI on HTC doesn't look appealing to me and I think I might have to move over to Samsung in the future. All my friends love their Sammy's. I really hope there's more connectivity options with a television using either some wireless technology (preferred) or HDMI.

When my friend asked me whether she should buy an iPhone or an S3, it was an easy answer for me.

For my feeling, if you do not own any other Apple products, then go with Samsung. If you have Apple products, then go with iPhone. I really like how the Apple products interact with each other. I'm waiting for Android to get there. Samsung seems to be trying a bit harder than other non-Apple manufacturers though. I think the "eco-system" feature is a pretty big feature that Android is severely lacking in.

I'm not really a phone geek though. I didn't have a mobile phone until university, and then I rarely used it. My friends always bought the newest phone, but I would hold onto my phones for years. So I don't mind standing back and watching. I do love my current phone, HTC EVO LTE (pretty much the same as HTC One X).

S4 looks really impressive. The new Sense UI on HTC doesn't look appealing to me and I think I might have to move over to Samsung in the future. All my friends love their Sammy's. I really hope there's more connectivity options with a television using either some wireless technology (preferred) or HDMI.

you seem to have acieved the impossible as there is no such thing as ipad 5 (yet).

you seem to have acieved the impossible as there is no such thing as ipad 5 (yet).

Got mixed up. I meant the iPad 4 !!! cheesy.gif

Samsung teases with cryptic Galaxy S IV picture ahead of March 14 event
Brittany Hillen, Mar 11th 2013
Samsung has dropped a teaser picture of its upcoming Galaxy S IV smartphone, which is set to be unveiled at the Korean company’s March 14 event in New York City. The image shows the upper part of the Galaxy handset, which is veiled in shadows and framed by a dark background. The tweet simply announces that the countdown has begun.

Earlier today, we reported that some info, including a patent, has cropped up that indicates the Galaxy S IV may have some type of 3D camera and processing technology. If this is indeed the case, there won’t be a two-camera setup on the handset, but rather it will process images post-shot. Those with an astute eye will have noticed that Samsung made the “4″ on its event invitations 3D, perhaps hinting at this feature.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-teases-with-cryptic-galaxy-s-iv-picture-ahead-of-march-14-event-11273416/

Samsung Galaxy S4 appears to gain 3D Camera tech
Chris Burns, Mar 11th 2013
It would appear that Samsung will be connecting their Smart TV and smartphone universes once again with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the possibility of 3D video and photo capture. Though we’ve not specifically seen the device and it’s camera working in-the-flesh quite yet, a patent filed just a few days ago by the company whose Smart 3D TV segment is already live and in-action may be too good not to be true. This and the possibility of the first appearance of Samsung’s next-generation “Octa” Exynos processor under the hood are making the Galaxy S4 a smartphone that’s not to be missed.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-appears-to-gain-3d-camera-tech-11273310/

It'll be 30,000 from mbk within the first 4 weeks of an international release.

I'll guess it'll be 25,000 from True/DTAC etc

You will be able to buy one for around 18,000 in 6 months time from MBK.

The S2 was 18,900 at launch. When the S3 came out it dropped to 17,900 and the S3 was 21,900. The Note 2 was 21,900 at launch

I would expect this to launch at 21,900.

Samsung have apparently ordered the components for 100 million S4 phones to be sold in 2013. They are definitely going to make this mass market and not try and price it super premium

Oh, Samsung may debut a new feature on the S4 that tracks the users eyes and so when the eyes are looking at the bottom of the screen it will automatically scroll a webpage down as an example.

They're going to call it the, "Eye-Phone"

(The feature is real, or really rumored. The name is a joke)

I'm thinking 21,900 (local MSRP) as well if only as the iPhone 5 is 22,900.

The SGS3 MSRP is now 18,000; and the SGS2 is 15,500 (at Jaymart today, 20,000 and 17,500 in the official Samsung channel).

She is overly pleased with my generosity but said "Please wait for the iPhone 5S".

OK, but the 5S release seems to be away in September so what about the new new new Samsung Galaxy SIV coming out in March ?

I showed her its specs online but "No way", she said, "I don't like Samsung at all" ...

She is already bragging about her future iPhone 5S. Maybe, it's a more impressive status symbol than the Samsung ??

They'd cost the same to me ... smile.png

She wants her mates to see her with the most expensive one (regardless of what you paid for it).

...and here I am , waiting patiently for my jellybean!whistling.gif

If you haven't got it by now, then you're probably not going to ever get it. Root your phone and install a ROM. ICS is pretty good though. I have an ICS device for when I am in Asia, and in the USA I have a Jelly Bean device as well as Nexus 7. ICS is pretty close to JB compared to Gingerbread and ICS.

I'm thinking 21,900 (local MSRP) as well if only as the iPhone 5 is 22,900.

The SGS3 MSRP is now 18,000; and the SGS2 is 15,500 (at Jaymart today, 20,000 and 17,500 in the official Samsung channel).

I purchased an S3 yesterday for Bt.15,500 at Tukom Pattaya.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

Hands-On With the Galaxy S 4: First Impressions

TECHNOLOGYMarch 14, 2013

By SPENCER E. ANTE

Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE -0.46% is trumpeting the new software in its Galaxy S 4 smartphone unveiled Thursday, such as features that let users control the screen with their eyes.

But while many of the functions are useful or innovative, a few of them didn't seem ready for prime time in a preview with journalists.

The Galaxy's 4's impressive but less-than-perfect performance underscores the challenge Samsung faces in transforming itself from a hardware-driven company into a software leader as mobile phones become increasingly commoditized.

That was my main take-away after seeing a presentation of the device and test-driving it for about 30 minutes Thursday morning in a hotel in midtown Manhattan.

Samsung Introduces New Galaxy Phone

By BRIAN X. CHEN and NICK WINGFIELD

Published: March 14, 2013

Samsung Electronics is the world leader in smartphone sales, besting Apple in many countries. Now Samsung of South Korea is stepping up its challenge to Apple, bringing the battle to its rival’s home turf.

At a news conference in New York on Thursday, its first American launch event for its flagship smartphone, Samsung showed off the Galaxy S IV, which has a screen slightly larger than the latest iPhone.

The device has quirky software features, including Smart Scroll, in which the front camera detects when someone is looking at the phone, and scrolls the screen according to the angle the phone is tilted. The phone can also be controlled with hand gestures. Waving a hand down in front of the phone will scroll up on a Web page, for example.