Samsung Galaxy S 4 Set For Launch On March 14

lomatopo

30mins into the live launch.... verdict: don't think i'll be selling my S3 anytine soon.

will wait for 2014 & the S5.

Ditto. I have a Note 2 and will be waiting for the Note 3 and not buying this.

I had the S2 when the S3 came out and I didn't see it as a big enough leap to purchase. If I had an S2 now I'd buy the S4, so they should get owners of phones before the S3 to upgrade.

Your waiting for a Note 3 that hasn't even been invented yet? What's wrong with the Note 2?

30mins into the live launch.... verdict: don't think i'll be selling my S3 anytine soon.

will wait for 2014 & the S5.

Ditto. I have a Note 2 and will be waiting for the Note 3 and not buying this.

I would expect this to launch at 21,900.

I'm thinking 21,900 (local MSRP) as well if only as the iPhone 5 is 22,900.

The SGS3 MSRP is now 18,000; and the SGS2 is 15,500 (at Jaymart today, 20,000 and 17,500 in the official Samsung channel).

I purchased an S3 yesterday for Bt.15,500 at Tukom Pattaya.

New? That's cheap!

I think I'll still get the Nexus 4 once it's out though, should be my first Android device. SGS3 is too ugly, though the SGS4 seems to fix most of that.

I also wanted to get a cheapie iPhone 4 as a dev / testing device but to my disappointment found that the price for a second hand unit had increased since I last checked :( Now 12k Baht, previously it was 10k...

Your waiting for a Note 3 that hasn't even been invented yet? What's wrong with the Note 2?

GNote3 is being announced sometime in the near future. 6.3 inch screen, crazy biggrin.png

What's wrong with a note1 (still have mine) but don't want anything bigger for a phone, got a tablet already (9.7")

yes new it is the 16gb model though, maybe that sways the price. I also got the usual screen protector and at my insistence a genuine samsung case/cover rather than the meh aftermarket ones they offered.

As a side note, I never understood the need for a screen protector on a high end phone. All you're doing is making your super high tech gorgeous screen look worse. The screen is made from Gorilla glass so it doesn't scratch. On the other hand, screen protectors are made from soft plastic which scratches easily.

• Like 2

GNote3 is being announced sometime in the near future. 6.3 inch screen, crazy biggrin.png

What's wrong with a note1 (still have mine) but don't want anything bigger for a phone, got a tablet already (9.7")

Honestly you can say this about any piece of technology ever produced. With that attitude we would all be riding horses and watching black and white TVs.

• Like 1

yes new it is the 16gb model though, maybe that sways the price. I also got the usual screen protector and at my insistence a genuine samsung case/cover rather than the meh aftermarket ones they offered.

As a side note, I never understood the need for a screen protector on a high end phone. All you're doing is making your super high tech gorgeous screen look worse. The screen is made from Gorilla glass so it doesn't scratch. On the other hand, screen protectors are made from soft plastic which scratches easily.

good for greasy fingers I guess.

good for greasy fingers I guess.

I don't think so?! Glass screen wipes off really easily?!

I think the only situation where the protector would be useful is if you have a pocket full of sand, or rocks, which can actually scratch glass (not keys or coins, steel doesn't scratch glass)...

Hands-off with the Samsung Galaxy S IV
By Doug Gross, CNN
March 15, 2013
Samsung's Galaxy S IV comes with a spate of no-touch features
(CNN) -- When is a touchscreen not a touchscreen? Increasingly, it's when your smartphone reads your eyes, gestures and movements to perform basic functions without tapping the screen at all.
That was Samsung's point Thursday with the rollout of the new Galaxy S IV, the latest from the company's flagship line and the first Android-based phone to seriously challenge Apple's iPhone for dominance in the mobile market. The phone will be available on all major U.S. carriers by the end of April.
From reading to Web surfing to answering calls, the new handset will give users the ability to use the phone sometimes without even needing to hold it.
Samsung Galaxy S4 makes a splash Samsung's place in smartphone wars Samsung unveils Galaxy S4 smartphone
Consumer Reports, after a hands-on with the device, declared that while it "falls short of being revolutionary, it brims with clever capabilities."
Chief among those capabilities, the icon

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/15/tech/mobile/galaxy-s-iv-gestures/

6.3 is packing it. Some studs will need this. I prefer the other internet rumor of a 5.9 Note 3. Otherwise there will be nothing left for the Note 4 to size up from?! Must admit sometimes my Note2 with 5.5 seems small these days as my old eyes tire.

"What I see is a generational divide, is that true? Older people use iPhones, younger people use Samsungs."

Tom Keene

Good one! I am old but prefer Samsung, so I would say "iPhones are for girls, Samsungs are for guys."

I like the freedom Android gives me over iPhone.

And this new Samsung Galaxy S4 will definitely be on my wish list. Some great features are to be expected, like following eye movements etc.

• Like 1

Gorilla glass so it doesn't scratch

I hate screen protectors with a passion and never use protection.

However I have successfully managed to scratch every phone screen i have ever owned. Gorilla glass or not car keys in the same pocket can do it. Not so much gorilla in that glass if u ask me.

S4 yup bored with Apple's non innovation will pick one up in HK asap.

However I have successfully managed to scratch every phone screen i have ever owned. Gorilla glass or not car keys in the same pocket can do it. Not so much gorilla in that glass if u ask me.

Same here.

Belt pouch broke and had the gorilla glassed phone just a few days in my pocket and it's now scratched.

Much less the a conventional screen would have been, but scratches nonetheless...

I've never scratched a phone in my life, never broken a phone in my life, and dropped a phone once in my life. I was late to the mobile phone idea, so I've only been using mobile phones for about 10 years.

Same here.

Belt pouch broke and had the gorilla glassed phone just a few days in my pocket and it's now scratched.

Much less the a conventional screen would have been, but scratches nonetheless...

Well I guess I keep my phone in my left front pocket, and keys, and any other metal objects in the right one.

I wonder if Gorilla Glass scratches more easily than standard window glass?! My grandfather used to make his point by pulling out his extra sharp swiss army knife, and scratching along the window; showed that to my son too, it's good fun. The window glass does not scratch.

Also my laptop screen - which is very fancy - is supposed to be glass but it's actually some sort of glass substrate. I got a ding in it somehow, something that can't really happen easily on normal glass. And never happened on my previous laptop which actually had a real layer of glass on top of the LCD substrate. Learned something new: All glass isn't created equal.

Still - won't ever use a screen protector wink.png

Edited by nikster

Same here.

Well I guess I keep my phone in my left front pocket, and keys, and any other metal objects in the right one.

I wonder if Gorilla Glass scratches more easily than standard window glass?! My grandfather used to make his point by pulling out his extra sharp swiss army knife, and scratching along the window; showed that to my son too, it's good fun. The window glass does not scratch.

I do the same. Phone in left, keys/change in right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass

I would immediately buy a Galaxy S4 with 32 or even better 64GB, but why can I find only the low end 16GB models here in Thailand?

Or does someone know where I can by 64GB models, also Note 2?

The S4 is not yet available in Thailand but I see on the Jaymart website that they sell the S3 64GB @ 19,500b.

I do not believe the SGS4 is available anywhere in the world currently? I think there was some mention of availability in April, maybe towards the end of April, in some of the first launch countries like the U.K.?

T-Mobile in the U.S. announced availability on May 1, 2013.

Nothing on the Samsung Thailand SGS4 website re: local launch: http://www.samsung.com/th/promotions/galaxys4/?cid=th_ppc_googleSEM_HHPacc_Galaxy_S4_20130322&gclid=CMPb9K7ZnrYCFcwr6wodVlgAzg

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say the SGS4 might be launched toward the end of May here in Thailand?

Note sure what to say about 32 GB and 64 GB versions. If past experience is any indicator then those can be challenging to source, you may have to look on eBay or Amazon. Some branded/locked/subsidized models from service providers occasionally come in the 32 GB format. Note that both the SGS4 and SGN2 accept uSD cards up 64 GB.

Edited by lomatopo