Dognappers - A Word Of Warning To Dog Owners

lovetotravel

My friends wife was at the cable water ski park yesterday walking her 2 pomeranians. It's a big open area near the back with no cars and really no people. So they were off leash.

A car came by, opened their door and grabbed one of the dogs and sped off! Obviously she was crushed.

She posted the pics on Facebook and had all her friends share the picture and the story about how broken up she is and really wants her dog back. She also posted some pics at the water ski park. Somebody recognized the dog and knew who took it.

They're in contact now and hopefully she'll have her dog back this afternoon.

So a word of warning as well as (hopefully) a good ending to this saga.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warning - and hopefully a good ending.

Whereabouts is this place?

It's on Suk near where Soi Wat Boon connects. Nice place to cable ski if interested.

We're still waiting to see what happens. It appears the security guard there really helped out. Hats off to this fellow.

If they are found ,could you please ask them to come and dognap next doors dog ,at least we would not have to put up with his barking all the time.tongue.png

I am so sorry about that. Tesco and Big C (father and son Shih tzu) have driven me insane too. The wife will not have it in pawning them off to someone

thats really weird story.

I would suggest to her that it might be someone she knows, only because those who steal dogs and cats, usually do it to sell them.

If it was not a puppy or a rare breed(which this one is not) there is no reason for it.

Lucky they didn't try scooping my 6 month old bulldog up from a moving car. At near 25kg they would be at the chiropractors for months!!!

They can always try my pitbul, she is only 35kg biggrin.png

For this purpose love to get a boerboll, they usually weigh around 90 kg. Might need a forklift to snatch one of those

I would suggest to her that it might be someone she knows, only because those who steal dogs and cats, usually do it to sell them.

If it was not a puppy or a rare breed(which this one is not) there is no reason for it.

rare breed no, apparently it is a pure bred hand bag dog, and god knows those aren't popular here, are they?

that said, they fact that they are in contact would suggest it is someone they know more than anything you have pointed out

Edited by candypants

rare breed no, apparently it is a pure bred hand bag dog, and god knows those aren't popular here, are they?

that said, they fact that they are in contact would suggest it is someone they know more than anything you have pointed out

Sorry i am confused, are you re-writing the same thing i wrote? or you telling me, i am wrong by telling me the same thing i wrote?

I heared of this before, several years ago. Frind of mine had a burglary in his bar in Jomtien, and the only item missing was his beloved dog. Didn't get it back despite spreading leaflets over half the country. I have a large Pitbull female as well, and when I'm outdoors with her, I keep an eye on her all the time. Not that I'm afraid that she attacks people, I know my dog. I'm afraid she could be stolen.

I heared of this before, several years ago. Frind of mine had a burglary in his bar in Jomtien, and the only item missing was his beloved dog. Didn't get it back despite spreading leaflets over half the country. I have a large Pitbull female as well, and when I'm outdoors with her, I keep an eye on her all the time. Not that I'm afraid that she attacks people, I know my dog. I'm afraid she could be stolen.

When you out, you let your pitbul walk off leash?

That is a prime example of responsible and sensible dog ownershipblink.png

• Like 1

We expats better be careful as some of are are "rare breeds" ............. or "sick puppies" tongue.png

Edited by atyclb

We expats better be careful as some of are are "rare breeds" ............. or "sick puppies" tongue.png

Speak for yourself, i am an alien and have thai paperwork to prove itgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Nope, not anybody they knew. It was apparently some teenagers getting their kicks. They saw a flyer asking for the pet back then saw the posts on facebook. They got nervous the police would be called so decided to give the dog back.

They got their dog back last night.

And yes, this happens quite often here from what I now understand.

Nope, not anybody they knew. It was apparently some teenagers getting their kicks. They saw a flyer asking for the pet back then saw the posts on facebook. They got nervous the police would be called so decided to give the dog back.

They got their dog back last night.

And yes, this happens quite often here from what I now understand.

Great news smile.png

If they are found ,could you please ask them to come and dognap next doors dog ,at least we would not have to put up with his barking all the time.tongue.png

ditto from me! three dogs next door, barking and howling from 4.30am!!!

Neighbour's address available on request.

They could 'nap the dogs opposite my house too. They bark until 03.30 some nights/mornings. All 7 of them.

Amazing that this country seems to have no requirements for dog licencing, number of dogs permitted, and I wonder if there is a dog inspector anywhere?

In Australia, most states allow 2 dogs on one property, both licenced, unspayed females often cost more, and if you really want three or more dogs, you become a dog breeder and need to move out to a rural property.

Sorry i am confused, are you re-writing the same thing i wrote? or you telling me, i am wrong by telling me the same thing i wrote?

i too am sorry you are confused.

read it again. twice. slowly.

i am disagreeing with you. wholeheartedly.

Amazing that this country seems to have no requirements for dog licencing, number of dogs permitted, and I wonder if there is a dog inspector anywhere?

In Australia, most states allow 2 dogs on one property, both licenced, unspayed females often cost more, and if you really want three or more dogs, you become a dog breeder and need to move out to a rural property.

why is this amazing?

dog licencing would be pretty far down on my list of things to fix, had i the power to fix them