Nice Business

DD13

I have often thought that an enterprising Thai could set up a business riding around on a m/cycle and side car stopping and offering to sell rear light bulbs to all these motorcyclists who have "blown" bulbs

With the amount of offenders that we all see daily (nightly) they may be able to earn a good living

If of course they can persuade these people to see sense

I await the funny replies

• Like 1

They could also offer to carry the shopping that is in the front basket obscuring the headlight.

Yes good point also

And sell red headlight covers for when they are driving the wrong way against the traffic

• Like 2

Gasahol 38 Baht Litre. Profit on bulb 2 Baht uhmm

That must be the reason for all of these people selling whisky bottles filled with petrol.....I often wondered why....

And completely safe.....no danger there......unreal laugh.png

That must be the reason for all of these people selling whisky bottles filled with petrol.....I often wondered why....

You obviously don't drive a motorbike/motorcycle. The gas in the bottle is not meant to be purchased and taken away in the bottle, if that is what you are thinking and see as a safety issue. It is meant to be poured into the tank right there. Gas tanks on most motorbikes only hold a few liters, and gas stations close at 9:30 pm, which is pretty early. So, if your out running around and your tank runs close to empty and it is after 10:00pm, you may find that a liter of gas in the bottle is far better than pushing your bike home. I don't buy gas in the bottle very often because I question its purity, but there have been a few occasions when they have saved me a big hastle and a long walk. And a lot of Thais that live out in the sticks would rather buy a few bottles of gas near home than drive 7 or 8 klicks to the nearest gas station. TIT!

wink.png

You obviously don't drive a motorbike/motorcycle. The gas in the bottle is not meant to be purchased and taken away in the bottle, if that is what you are thinking and see as a safety issue. It is meant to be poured into the tank right there. Gas tanks on most motorbikes only hold a few liters, and gas stations close at 9:30 pm, which is pretty early. So, if your out running around and your tank runs close to empty and it is after 10:00pm, you may find that a liter of gas in the bottle is far better than pushing your bike home. I don't buy gas in the bottle very often because I question its purity, but there have been a few occasions when they have saved me a big hastle and a long walk. And a lot of Thais that live out in the sticks would rather buy a few bottles of gas near home than drive 7 or 8 klicks to the nearest gas station. TIT!

Actually I do ride a motorcycle as well as drive a car...........but what I was refering to was the habit of highly inflammable and dangerous petrol being store on rickety benches in the open, and often in the full heat of the sun...........in the Uk this is totally against the law, and in breach of health and safety.......but good to have your imput also........wink.png

Edited by DD13

Holy crap - that's petrol in those bottles??? I thought that's where you had to buy your grog between 2pm & 5pm, hence the high price of 91 Baht and 95 Baht... Those pricks coulda told me...sick.gif

Holy crap - that's petrol in those bottles??? I thought that's where you had to buy your grog between 2pm & 5pm, hence the high price of 91 Baht and 95 Baht... Those pricks coulda told me...sick.gif

Thank God that my post has returned to what it was supposed to be "Tongue in cheek" lol