Russian Tourist Murdered At Pattaya Hotel

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see some stupid comments here from people again who think to know all Thailand than any others here ...... bla bla bla ....

This tourist has been murdered RIP , just because he is Russian I can read some stupid hypothetical answers , what a shame to be born Russian apparently for many of you, well I remember before the Russian , were the Brits , the Germans and other western European with same issues in Pattaya. Remove all Russians from Pattaya and it will be a dead city.

• Like 1

......maybe I wouldn't want to stay in that hotel....can you give us the name please.....

.....or is it only the foreign owned businesses that are dragged through the mud.....

.....obvious murder this time.......if you give a hoot about expats, give us a name.....

.....this allows us to be murdered again and again.......................

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Link containing this additinal info below is in Thai.

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20130306/153274/%E0%B8%86%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%81.%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2.html

Thank you for the additional information and the link.

It clearly says "Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim."

Does that imply that the deceased was large, as many Russians are? If so, then the killer might not have been a Thai? Unless there was more than one?

If I'm in a struggle for my life like that and pumped full of adrenaline, the assailant is going to need some power to keep that belt around my neck and strangle me with it.

Or, there was also a smashed soft drink bottle. Would that account for the blood? Could that knock a guy out? If so, why such a struggle that the belt buckle was torn from the belt?

Maybe they will report the rest of the story.

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.

blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.

Who can guess what a Thai journo is trying to say ?

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

You don't have to be long in the realm to p*ss someone off. It could easily happen within a few hour of touching down at the airport.

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

I have attended a few hanging suicides and you can bleed from the eyes. I am not saying all but I have seen a couple.

What do you mean by 'I attended a few hanging suicides'? You watched it happening? Did it occur to you to sever the ropes? rolleyes.gif

chooka, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:51, said:

belg, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:43, said:

RIP for the guy ... but how come he did not take the magical dive so many tourists seem to have as a last event in their life, that could surely cover some of the bruises and cover it all up as : suicide ...

DNA, do police know of that in this country? might be usefull is there was a struggle, sure he killer left some dna, fingerprints, hair, nail ?

Every contact leaves a trace...

eye contact?

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Link containing this additinal info below is in Thai.

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20130306/153274/%E0%B8%86%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%81.%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2.html

Thank you for the additional information and the link.

It clearly says "Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim."

Does that imply that the deceased was large, as many Russians are? If so, then the killer might not have been a Thai? Unless there was more than one?

If I'm in a struggle for my life like that and pumped full of adrenaline, the assailant is going to need some power to keep that belt around my neck and strangle me with it.

Or, there was also a smashed soft drink bottle. Would that account for the blood? Could that knock a guy out? If so, why such a struggle that the belt buckle was torn from the belt?

Maybe they will report the rest of the story.

Yes. I understand what you are saying. And some good points. As for the knocked out before hand theory. It is a good one but we will just have to wait and see. Some small pissed of Thai boyfriend wouldn't have what it takes to pull off a crime like this alone. I think the size matter the police are talking about is exactly that. Thai v Farang. One on one it just aint going to happen unless the Thai is some professional black ninja f%#k master And then that would open up another can of worms.

>Yep, yet another Thai Visa expert:rolleyes:

this is rich.

Isn't it what. How is that for calling the kettle black. giggle.gif

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

You don't have to be long in the realm to p*ss someone off. It could easily happen within a few hour of touching down at the airport.

You're right. Last year I came back from the US and arrived after midnight. I finally got up to the immigration officer and she took about five minutes to finish stamping my passport. After she finished I asked her in Thai "are you new at this job"? If looks could kill I would have been dead on the spot. She asked me in a very loud and impolite voice if I had a problem with her and of course I said no.

I have attended a few hanging suicides and you can bleed from the eyes. I am not saying all but I have seen a couple.

What do you mean by 'I attended a few hanging suicides'? You watched it happening? Did it occur to you to sever the ropes? rolleyes.gif

I think he means after the fact. Police see and clean up that <deleted> every otherday. rolleyes.gif

Sure. I agree with that. But to the extent that they hunt you down and kill you in your hotel room. That is a little bit more than your average case of road rage.

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.

blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.

It actually says "...Blood was coming from his eyes and nose.." Hardly bloodshot when blood is coming out from the eyes. I guess you missed the reading class.

Edited by raybal5

Do you even strangle...? Yes it does happen often when it is pretty damn brutal. If you don't believe me go and try it for yourself, takes at least 90 seconds often 2-3 minutes though,

Maybe it was that trick with the belt around the neck sexual strangulation thing and it went very wrong . The same thing that that got Michael Huttence and David Carradine to where they are today.

Well it sounds as credible as some of the other theories but i do admit i have never tried any of that kinky sex stuff so i wouldn't know what i am talking about.

It's called

Petechial Hemorrhage

I watch CSI too.

I'll have this case solved in no time.

Maybe it was that trick with the belt around the neck sexual strangulation thing and it went very wrong . The same thing that that got Michael Huttence and David Carradine to where they are today.

Well it sounds as credible as some of the other theories but i do admit i have never tried any of that kinky sex stuff so i wouldn't know what i am talking about.

'Never tried any of that kinky stuff' YET! cheesy.gif

Considering that someone died and a few of you are bickering like school girls, it does make you look silly, about as silly as seeing grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms.

Its sad to see tourists coming here only to die for reasons other than natural causes.

Its like most people bring there screwed up crap with them, what they get away with back home seems to have a different consequence here on occassion