Getting An English School Approved By The Moi

Might help if there was a tad more information as to the status of said ''English School.''

Is it a language school is it a normal educational main line school, E.P. or an international school, ?

I dont currently live in Thailand but I have been many times. I always see these little English schools in shopping centers and places... You know, the ones where you can pay like 5000 baht for 30 hours of class. Not like an all day school with subjects, just one where people come for like an hour a day to learn English. Can anyone start one of these? Does it have to be approved by the MOE? And how do you get it approved? Im asking because Ive seen some of these very small schools saying they are "approved" or "accredited" by the MOE. Just curious. Sorry I was so vague in my original post.

To live your dream you're going to need a Thai business partner an enormous store of patience and at least around 50,000 pounds sterling or say around 75,000 U.S dollars.

The ability to use a shovel so as to be able to construct a large hole so as to be able to throw your money into in pursuit of your tentatively proposed venture.

However your best bet is to stay away from the venture and invest wisely in wine,women or men and song . Much more fun and your money will last a trifle longer.

Hmmmm, thanks for the advice....

Anyways, I'm considering opening one outside of BKK or Chiang Mai... A place like Kanchanaburi, or Nakhorn Ratchasima, where there are less of these language school, and still plenty of students. I think there would be a good market for a language school here.

A few more questions and Im doing more research (the more research I seem to do the more questions I have...)

1. I am American, no Thai needed, correct?

2. I do not have a degree, do I need one to own/operate/teach at my language school?

3. Realistically, If I have $50,000 cash, move to Kanchanaburi tomorrow, have a place rented by next week, decorated and ready for students in about 2 weeks after that.... how long will it take for me to legally be able to operate?

4. kinda goes with 3... I will need a business license before I can open correct? How long does that take? (Im American).

5. Does this have to be MOE approved before I can open? (if so, how long does that take)

Thanks in advance...

You are welcome to post your questions in this forum, but you might want to take a look in the business forums for answers to some of your questions. Please remember that you cannot post the same topic in both forums, however.

Just rent a building, open the school and see how business goes.

Then think about the legalities if you think it will survive ?

Our little 'school' outside Surat is going very well, just started summer school classes during the week now.

We will never get rich but my wife makes a reasonable income.

We do not have rent to pay though !

Go for it and good luck.

You can only own a maximum of 49% of your company, you need Thai business partner/s for the rest.

Regarding your other questions, I'm not really sure

I think he is referring to the Treaty of Amnity which provides for US companies to be wholly owned:

The Thailand Treaty of Amity permits American companies to hold majority

of the shares or the whole company, branch office or representative

office located in Thailand.

http://www.siam-legal.com//Business-in-Thailand/US-Thai%20Amity.php?gclid=CJuC0dnn8bUCFUiN3godYjwAhg