Movies Recently Viewed.....django Unchained, The Crazies

rct99q

Not sure if this is the correct forum but just finished watching Django Unchained. Excellent. Highly recommend it. Quenten Tarantino movie just so you know what to expect if you decide to watch it.

Also just finished - The Crazies - I know an older film but don't get out much these days. Also worth watching if you like sort of virus infected dying people, zombieish style comedy/drama movie. But a good screen play and some good acting made this better than the normal schlock of it's nature (recommend 28 days as well).

Anything else people can recommend?

Edited by rct99q

Anything to recommend depends on what you like but for me in no particular order

1.The Painted Veil not the 1930's version the newer one

2. American beauty

3 The English patient

4 The Go between

5 Walkabout

6 The Hairdressers Husband

7 Wish you were here 1987 (Emily lloyd not the new one)

Edited by rattler

I used to only watch films on the plane,and I'd prefer a foreign film, so that I could watch with subtitles instead of headphones.

The only films I'd seek out to watch again were Lust, Caution and The Good, The Bad And The Weird; both set during the Japanese occupation.

My favourite Tim Burton film is Corpse Bride, for the songs, the story line and the hot birds (though some were stone cold).

As you can see, I don;t get out much...

SC

• Like 2

Always good to hear about a new Tarentino flick.

When i was a high school boy i went to see Pulp Fiction about 8 times in the cinema upon release. Only after i discovered 'reservoir dogs'.

First time in my movie fanatic life i saw a WESTERN director who really got the picture. I was baffled!

Especially because he watched all those Kung <deleted> movies and learned to appreciate the flavour of EASTERN cinema because he worked in a VHS video rental place when he was young as i have and was given all the movies in the world to see for free at his discretion. Nowadays this doesn't seem to be that impressive but back in to 80's this was very special. Tarentino is a magician and has a very unique and colourful and sometimes shocking way to express his thoughts while staying cool and doesn't loose his grip on maintaining his own 'style'.

I could go on and on. For instance about his love for spaghetti westerns or taste of music.

Good film i watched a few days ago and is fairly recent is Seven Psychopaths . Has Colin Farrel, Christopher Walken and Woody Harrelson in it and has enough twists and humour just to make it interesting.

I like Prison movies like the Shawshank redemption etc..

There is a French film called "A prophet"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235166/

Having spent an hour in a police cell once, I think it is the most realistic Prison Movie ever made biggrin.png

It is downloadable with English subtitles.

Noted, never saw it..

I prefer prisons and nazis.. Have you watched the great escape with Steve McQueen?

Edited by Dancealot

I used to only watch films on the plane,and I'd prefer a foreign film, so that I could watch with subtitles instead of headphones.

The only films I'd seek out to watch again were Lust, Caution and The Good, The Bad And The Weird; both set during the Japanese occupation.

My favourite Tim Burton film is Corpse Bride, for the songs, the story line and the hot birds (though some were stone cold).

As you can see, I don;t get out much...

SC

nightmare before christmas .

"Django Unchained" opens here in theaters this week: Thursday, 14 March. Can't wait to see it. (I could have seen it during trips back to the U.S. in Jan. and Feb. but had no time.)

I assume people are watching this locally on ripped DVDSCR, with the "Property of the MPAA" watermark? wink.png Or maybe CAMs" rolleyes.gif

I like Prison movies like the Shawshank redemption etc..

There is a French film called "A prophet"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235166/

Having spent an hour in a police cell once, I think it is the most realistic Prison Movie ever made biggrin.png

It is downloadable with English subtitles.

if your into prison movies can i recommend a movie called felon is a couple of years or more old now but very good 2 nd in my all time prison movies list after shawshank , has val kilmer in it who is very good !!!!!

Probably deserves a separate thread?

Genre: Prison

Sub-genre: Escape

A Man Escaped
Shawshank Redemption
Papillion
Stalag 17
The Great Escape
Escape from Alcatraz
Get the Gringo
O Brother, Where Art Though?
The Escapist
The Count of Monte Christo (2002)

Saw Django last week. Tarantino at his best. We absolutely loved it .... the wife hasn't stopped talking about it since. Christoph Waltz was fantastic (although I liked his performance in Inglorious Bastards better).

Probably deserves a separate thread?

Genre: Prison

Sub-genre: Escape

A Man Escaped
Shawshank Redemption
Papillion
Stalag 17
The Great Escape
Escape from Alcatraz
Get the Gringo
O Brother, Where Art Though?
The Escapist
The Count of Monte Christo (2002)

The Escapist and Papillion (I loved the book) were just too dark and depressing for me and I could not clearly understand the accents in the Escapist to the point that it was real bother to watch it.

I'll have to check out A Man Escaped as I've never heard of it before and it gets great reviews on IMDb.. The TV series Prison Break was pretty good for the first year, but went downhill after they escaped and all the guards quit there jobs and started chasing them all over the USA and Mexico.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Saw Django last week. Tarantino at his best. We absolutely loved it .... the wife hasn't stopped talking about it since. Christoph Waltz was fantastic (although I liked his performance in Inglorious Bastards better).

Djamgo Unchained was a very good movie but maybe could have been shortened a little.

I also thought it was strtching things a bit to cast Christophe Waltz as "supporting actor" because for the lions share of the film he was very much the lead