Re-Entering With Unused 60-Day Visa, Can I Get Just 14 Days And Use The 60-Day Later?

Hi all, I'm at the end of my first of 60-day visas, aka #1 of double entry. I have to use the 2nd by end of April. Right now I only need about 10 more days, so I don't want to deal with Chiangmai Immigration hassles and expense to extend it.

I don't know, if I go to, say, Mae Sai, if I can just get a 14 day stay at the border, or if the immigration folks there would have to stamp my 2nd 60-day entry. I want to come back and use that in late April. And don't want to a) get another one and cool.png burn a $40 2 month visa for 10 more days.

Any hands-on or otherwise solid information on whether I could do that would be much appreciated, TIA!

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

Last year i was in a similar situation, so if i understood you correctly you want your 2nd (2month) tourist visa stamped at a land border after you used a 14 day visa on arrival in between.

I wanted this also and requested at the border to no avail... This is what really happened to me last year. But maybe there is a way around this.....

I checked my passport just now.. 100% my 2nd tourist visa was stamped at Mae sot(land border) for another 2 months.

I rather wanted that 14 day so i could hold on to that 2nd tourist visa.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by Dancealot

It's unlikely that you will be able to leave and re enter without using the 2nd entry of your double tourist visa,this is from your opening post what you are trying to achieve is it not,you wish just to border hop and enter on a visa exemption which gives the 14 day stay without activating the second entry.

Which immigration will not allow as you are in possession of a valid visa,if it was that simple you could do unlimited 14 day exemptions in between,in the ideal world that would be fantastic.

It's like coming to Bangkok and asking them to give you a 30 day visa exemption prior to using the valid visa you hold,in your case a double entry tourist,which in the distant past some people have reported to have happened.

I'm yet to see it.

Edited by stoneyboy

Though I've been coming here off and on for years, only once before did I stay long enough to get a 2-month or longer visa, and the last time was years ago. I asked for two two-month visas in the US last fall, and didn't really check the stamp carefully.....that it's actually a dual-entry visa rather than two visas (thus only one visa number) pretty much guarantees it has to be used up without another in-between.

So I guess with a little more reflection I could have guessed, but the replies were nevertheless helpful.

I did the CM immiigration two-step (more like a marathon dance) today and ruefully forked over 1900 baht for another 10 days here. That makes $100 for an allowance of three months in the Kingdom. I love it here but paeng maak-maak IMO. I'll have to go with a three-month next time.

I didn't even ask the officer I dealt with about the border option, he'd obviously perfected the art of don't-askfu and I can't really blame him considering his daily routine.