The Mike Bashing Thread

Ulysses G.

Well, I've never met the genteelman, but I've seen his photos at the two hamburger joints. He has built several successful businesses, and it's almost Thai-like to berate your employees, behind the scenes. I don't think it's Thai-like, however, to berate them in front of the customers, let alone to berate the customers. That's just rude. For a long time, I put off going to Mike's Burgers, in spite of the rave reviews about the food, because I just didn't want to risk confronting such a character. But maybe you're all just kidding, and he's charming, genteel, suave, debonair, and maybe he doesn't sweat onto the grill.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Sam Wo's - I go into SF Chinatown about once a year. I totally forgot about that place, but I guess I only went there after some bar hopping. I thought the 'jook' (rice porridge) was the famous dish there. Well, I think I'll get my fill of Chinese food next week... mmmmm. Thanks for reminding me about Sam Wo's though - it takes me back about 30 years...

Mike, I know you’re reading this, so my comments are as follows:

• For Mexican food is Asia and recently opening; you’re doing a great job!
  • Your Menu is aplenty and the entries are good food for value!
  • The entries are always served hot & the drinks chilly cold!
  • The staff is friendly, attentive and willing to please!

I like going to a restaurant where the food is prepared in front of you, instead of a dark and dingy back room - hole in the wall where who knows how clean the kitchen is or how the food is stored and menu items prepared?

Good Luck on Ya!

Edited by Bytes

Mike, I know you’re reading this, so my comments are as follows:
  • For Mexican food is Asia and recently opening; you’re doing a great job!
  • Your Menu is aplenty and the entries are good food for value!
  • The entries are always served hot & the drinks chilly cold!
  • The staff is friendly, attentive and willing to please!

I like going to a restaurant where the food is prepared in front of you, instead of a dark and dingy back room - hole in the wall where who knows how clean the kitchen is or how the food is stored and menu items prepared?

Good Luck on Ya!

Are you his mate?

does he really yell at the staff...I love a bit of entertainment! :o

For anyone who has eaten at all four, how does the Mexican fare compare among Miguel's, El Toro. Salsa Kitchen and the Art Cafe's Mexican menu (a couple of pages in the regular menu)?

The last time I ate at Art Cafe (4-5 years ago), the were making corn tortillas made from a mixture of crushed corn and flour, then frying it. The net result was a taco that completely disinegrates in your hand. I mentioned it to the owner, with an offer of a better recipe, but I don't know if she ever changed...Too hard to cross the street there now.

Seconding the opinion of Ajarn, concerning the lousy "Mexican" food at Art Cafe. Only went once, trying to convince a native of Chiang Mai, and I couldn't eat what they brought. Also, service was nearly non-existent. But that was about 2.5 years ago. Perhaps the kitchen is now staffed by Jose, Rigoberto, Juliana, and Clara. Wait, what are my granddaughters doing in Thailand? :o

I agree with Ajarn, lets not this thread go the way of The Duke's

Leave it alone and people can just post when they have been there.

I don't see that Mike has unduly suffered much negitivity, things seem to balance out.

UG I beleive you started the thread and have been the one most active on it, so as suggested if you "stay away" from it for a while then it will drop down the pecking order and give Mike a chance to sort things out. It seems that since you told everyone about it that many TV Members have paid a visit (certainly happened on the thread about our Restaurant) so they MUST speak as they find or it would not be "fair and balanced". Folk here are not going to tell lies are they? There Is no hidden agenda from what I can see.

Cheers

TP

I don't think this thread resembles The Duke's thread at all. The Duke's wasn't being bashed, P1P was being bashed and he closed the thread down.

I say give Miguel's a chance to iron things out.

Edited by 1bigeater56