Hand Rolliong Tobacco

Hi.

I would try a packet first if I were you - there are very many fake tobacco products around (really!) and they pop up in all sorts of places.

Went back to the UK recently (for the first time in over 10 years). Over here the cigs are cheap enough but back then I smoked rollies. So I took half a dozen of the green Cat brand with me. If I can remember back that far (!) this has a similar gob-squish to Old Holborn. Green Cat (don't get the yellow - for some reason it's menthol) is strong but not at all harsh. I like it.

A lot of the 7-11s and Family Marts keep it, plus the mom n pop shops. And at 20 baht a tin (including papers) it's gotta be worth a try!

Cheers

R

post-4665-0-05733100-1362757814_thumb.jp

Edited by robsamui

If you are in chaweng you can buy golden virginia rolled tobacco at a convenience store just pass tropical murphy's pub on chaweng beach road,its on the right hand side of the road about 50 metre's passed murphy pub.It has a kodak yellow sign outside

Saver Mart.

the mini market that is where the old cosmic Bar was in Bangrak sells it. but if you have anyone visiting you and coming through BKK airport, it's half the price there.

The only place I have seen golden viginia at the airport is on the 4th floor just before the food court. However, you are only allowed on the 4th floor if you are on an international flight out of Thailand.

The local (Thai) tobacco I have found to be too strong, like old holborn and drum. Many years ago I had a Thai friend who would bring some down from Chang Mai for me. Wholesale blocks, 1kg for 60 Baht. Sadly he passed away a few years back. Anyway, while I was in my local mom and pop store last year I noticed a brand I had not tried before so I got a packet and it was fine, a bit dry but very mild. Earlier this year I couldn't find golden virginia anywhere in Lamai so I started smoking the one I had found, I have not gone back to g. virginia since. The new brand is 5 Baht for what seems to be between 15-20gm in a pack while g. virginia was 260 Baht for 50gm. I suggest the OP and anyone else who smokes golden virginia give it a try as at worst you only stand to lose 5 Baht. It also comes with a packet of papers which I don't use as they are too thick.

post-145163-0-21989100-1362814285_thumb.

Is hand rolling tobacco taxed because it seems too cheap?