Ok..this Is Not A Troll Thread.."farang Women"..

eek

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does "farang woman" conjure up in my brain if someone says that to me?

Non-thai, non-asian, woman. I suppose a "westernized" woman. Its essentially the female version of what my mind conjures up when someone says "farang man".

farang woman

white skin

blond hair

big boobie

strong body,

can carry children and shopping

can do everything

only see here high quality farang women

but see all quality farang men

Where's the cheering smiley ?

Honestly ... I thinks she doesn't know how to do that.

We talk about this ... it is her true feeling ... biggrin.png

Remember there is no real PC in Thailand ... they can say what they thing ... in this situation.

From the OP: "I of course find it insulting that "farang woman" should be somehow a derogatory term."

I've never thought of "farang woman" as a derogatory term and I don't know any farang women who thinks that as well. I also don't know any Thai person that thinks that way. Now there are some farang guys who try to justify their interest in Thai women by insulting farang women, but that's more of a reflection on themselves rather than anything else. I would think most fair-minded folks would see right through that nonsense.

In America, we group all "Asians" together, regardless of whether they're Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or whatever. They're still Asians. We also group all Hispanics together, regardless of whether they're Mexican, Argentinian, Peruvian, Brazilian, or whatever. They're still Hispanics. In Thailand, it's like that for Caucasians....or farangs.

• Like 1

farang woman

white skin

blond hair

big boobie

strong body,

can carry children and shopping

can do everything

only see here high quality farang women

but see all quality farang men

Where's the cheering smiley ?

Honestly ... I thinks she doesn't know how to do that.

We talk about this ... it is her true feeling ... biggrin.png

Remember there is no real PC in Thailand ... they can say what they thing ... in this situation.

The cheering smiley was for me.

Edit: Anyone who writes big boobie deserves a cheering smiley.

Yes I know I'm immature.

Edited by arthurwait

For me that's a simple one:

Farang women are just farang who are women, as distinct from farang guys.

Comes with all the prejudice (or not) of the term farang. Don't see anything extra in there apart from clarifying the gender.

Haven't heard the term farang ladyboy much...

:)

For me that's a simple one:

Farang women are just farang who are women, as distinct from farang guys.

Comes with all the prejudice (or not) of the term farang. Don't see anything extra in there apart from clarifying the gender.

Haven't heard the term farang ladyboy much...

smile.png

Go to the western food restaurants in the forum plaza Meuang Chonburi and you will hear it a lot.

Does a Thai recognise the difference between an Indian of Indian origin and an Indian or western origin? Farang is a silly term to use really. It's a bit like me clumping all Asians down as 'gook' or 'pan head' no offence meant to anyone.

• Like 1

Does a Thai recognise the difference between an Indian of Indian origin and an Indian or western origin? Farang is a silly term to use really. It's a bit like me clumping all Asians down as 'gook' or 'pan head' no offence meant to anyone.

That's a ridiculous example. Farang is not the same as "gook." Get a clue.

FWIW, Thais have individual names for the citizens of all of the countries around them - obviously, Europeans were late to the party. I know at least one black man who isnt offended by 'chocolat man', but I expect that there are others who aren't so thrilled. Exactly what the Thais make of someone who looks Asian but speaks Russian with a thick 'masculine' accent is anyone's guess, but I'm still trying to work those folk out for myself.

I still can't help but chuckle when some Thai women use the term "chocolate man". Not offensive at all.

may be offensive If your the chocolate man in question.

I am

Now that's one way to shut the keyboard warriors up ;)

wellred, I'm curious - in exactly which neck of the woods are Asians referred to as 'pan head' ? Do they also refer to white people they dont like as 'poopy pants' ? Can't wait till those hillbillies find out that 'cracker' isn't a term of endearment ;)

keyboard warrior, I actually do compete in the ring, or used to so i'm not really a keyboard warrior.

As for Black people my best friend is from chicago, black guy, my wifes Asian, I aint a rascist.

just having a laugh at the chocolate thing so relax guys.

I only say things here I say off here, was not meant as an insult, hope it did not anyway.

chocolateman is funny, I dont think they mean it as an insult.

muthuay, if you go back to that quote, you will see that *I* was one of the aforementioned 'keyboard warriors' - I was actually the idiot who raised the 'chocolat man' thing. I shall now slap myself in the groin with a licorice whip until I lose all sensation down there as punishment for my sins ! ;)

I must not be an idiot

I must not be an idiot

I must not be an idiot

I must not be an id.......

I think that a lot of you are deliberately skirting the issue.

You will get a lot of posters, especially those that haven't been in Thailand long writing stuff like

" Once you've been with a Thai woman, you'll never go back to Farang Women."

These are people that have been busted in a divorce settlement

They'll talk about their money grabbing ex Farang wife that took all his hard earned.

That his ex wife never respected him and was always complaining.

How his ex wife let herself go and got fat soon after they were married

How his ex wife nagged him all of the time and never let him enjoy himself

etc etc etc

Of course a year or so into the future the same people are posting about how their new Thai wife:-

has taken all his hard earned and didn't even wait for the divorce.

doesn't respect him and is always off with her friends and has no time for him

sits and watches TV all day, scoffing kanom and has added an extra 20 Kilos

nags him all the time and doesn't like him to go out with his friends and enjoy himself as she's afraid that he will meet someone else.

As Swissie said, the anti Farang women thing is because of the posters' bitter experiences and divorce in Farang land.

Nothing to do with you Eek, we all know that you are a lovely person. :)

Farang equates to foreigner and that is all. You could be a Chinese farang or African farang or female farang or tall farang, bad or good farang, rich or poor farang. I've even heard the term ha sip farang used to describe a child of mixed marrage.

You will get a lot of posters, especially those that haven't been in Thailand long writing stuff like

They'll talk about their money grabbing ex Farang wife that took all his hard earned.

etc etc etc

Of course a year or so into the future the same people are posting about how their new Thai wife:-

nags him all the time and doesn't like him to go out with his friends and enjoy himself as she's afraid that he will meet someone else.

As Swissie said, the anti Farang women thing is because of the posters' bitter experiences and divorce in Farang land.

Nothing to do with you Eek, we all know that you are a lovely person. smile.png

Though your post is on the right lines l think you have over dramatised stuff, which in my opinion is derogatory to the ladies as a whole. sad.png .

etc etc etc

Nothing to do with you Eek, we all know that you are a lovely person. smile.png

The 'anti farang woman thing' is nothing to do with my UK wife taking me for all she could ... my Thai wife would do exactly the same, given half a chance.

I would be happy to shag a slim 25 year old white woman, but they don't want to shag me at 60 years old.

On the other hand a 25 year old Thai woman doesn't seem to be all that bothered about my age.

You white guys over think everything.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

Please the OP eek asks ...

So what exactly in your minds is "farang woman" and what does that
represent and why (for some) does it equal such negative associations?

It's not about us men!

It's about Farang woman, your thoughts and associations with that term.

Please the OP eek asks ...

So what exactly in your minds is "farang woman" and what does that

represent and why (for some) does it equal such negative associations?

It's not about us men!

It's about Farang woman, your thoughts and associations with that term.

You aren't a moderator, why don't you stop spoiling the thread with your constant posts telling the rest of us what to do.

LOL -

It's funny watching this. Everyone has their own usually anecdotal evidences.

Here's how it works:

'farang' etymology -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

This is disputed. A common academic proposal is that it originated via the French to mean "French". Another proposal is that it originated further back from the Persian word 'farangi' for foreigner.

Usage -

If there is one thing that should be known by anyone who has lived in Thailand for any length of time is that nothing here is consistent! There are no standards in this country, so it makes for all types of anecdotal experiences across life here. Word usage is no exception.

Some people use it to mean White foreigner. Some use it to mean non-White, but generally non-Asian foreigners. Some use it in a derogatory way, and some don't. There's no consistency, lads.

Cheers

Edited by PaullyW

If my gf used the term she would be referring to non thai women of caucasian appearance but this could include South Americans but definitely not other Asians, Africans, Indians or obviously middle eastern - same reference for men.

In my mind that is her diefintion but I would not personally normally use that terminology although it has no negative connotations/association for me.

It is my understanding that farang was used to describe the French, in the very early days of Europeans in Siam. As such, it was extrapolated to all those of Caucasian appearance ( couldn't tell them apart, LOL ). So makes sense to me that it applies to all "non thai women of caucasian appearance".

However, having met women from many countries that could be described as being farang, I can honestly say that they were similar in outlook and attitude, mainly in the PC department.

As for Farang women, I tend to find them quite unattractive as compared to most Asian women. It's mostly due to the way they act and look.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women. Asian women, particularly the ones in Asian countries, still behave in a way that I find feminine (or at least in a way that is discernable from the way most men act). Physically, they are lacking those nordic genes which makes them right-sized. They tend to have luxurious hair and beautiful skin. They tend to age well in their later years holding onto their estrogen and other hormones longer into their later years in life, (but then at a certain age tank as their loose those hormones very rapidly). They still believe in being graceful and sexy without being too crass and revealing. They don't try to take on men physically without good reason who they know will snap them in two like twigs. Then, there's the issue of sex. Sex with White women has been mostly rather dull. White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Cheers,

Edited by PaullyW
  • Like 1

As for Farang women, I tend to find them quite unattractive as compared to most Asian women. It's mostly due to the way they act and look.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women. Asian women, particularly the ones in Asian countries, still behave in a way that I find feminine (or at least in a way that is discernable from the way most men act). Physically, they are lacking those nordic genes which makes them right-sized. They tend to have luxurious hair and beautiful skin. They tend to age well in their later years holding onto their estrogen and other hormones longer into their later years in life, (but then at a certain age tank as their loose those hormones very rapidly). They still believe in being graceful and sexy without being too crass and revealing. They don't try to take on men physically without good reason who they know will snap them in two like twigs. Then, there's the issue of sex. Sex with White women has been mostly rather dull. White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Cheers,

You just posted the same (non-relevant) "stuff" on this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618421-thai-girls-feel-threatened-by-farang-girls/page-8#entry6184711 If you gonna post something that really has no bearing on the opening topic, cant you at least take the time to even slightly reword it? That way it looks like at least you tried, but are just a little confused...

• Like 1