Ok..this Is Not A Troll Thread.."farang Women"..

eek

FWIW, Thais have individual names for the citizens of all of the countries around them - obviously, Europeans were late to the party. I know at least one black man who isnt offended by 'chocolat man', but I expect that there are others who aren't so thrilled. Exactly what the Thais make of someone who looks Asian but speaks Russian with a thick 'masculine' accent is anyone's guess, but I'm still trying to work those folk out for myself.

I still can't help but chuckle when some Thai women use the term "chocolate man". Not offensive at all.

They merely got it from the movies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9FC-kUP5o

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the term farang is the Thai equivalent of us calling them Asians. Thailand has many visitors from many different countries.

To expect a person with limited English skills to be able to not only recognize the country of origin of a perfect stranger, but to also know how to pronounce their nationality is to say the least, a little optimistic.

I think that farang / farang woman is little more than a classifier for a white foriegner.

If a sane person views it in this manner then they won't need to get upset.

Wow you pc mob are so embroiled in skin colour and what terms should be used its utterly bizarre,

Welcome to the PC mob, what colour are you ? Purple with green spots are not allowed here.

Hey, gimme some more time. If the ointment works, I should be okay next week. sad.png

Sorry off topic but why is a post l replied to in my own post box.? sad.png Looks like l wrote it all.

Sorry, it's either my sticky fingers, or the damn software changes.

• Like 1

As a Thai lady how do you describe the word "chanee" i hear Thai ladies refer to western ladies this way also.

we have two things

one is ladyboy like to call to a real woman chanee but don’t know why they make this word

when ladyboy call us chanee we call them back geeng … it like a deer but no have the horn

other meaning it is when the monkey chanee say ‘por por por’ in Thai it mean ‘husband”

when we talk with another people, talk to girlfriend about husband, we would call him por

it not polite word, but not bad word, just street word

por ? Davids still being tight with that Sin sodt then ? wink.png

White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Dont want to get too personal Paully, but with regards to female physiology..women arent "dry" when turned on. Just might be that you arent really greasing the wheels..so to speak?

That could have been the case.

Ever heard of KY? They sell it in all the pharmacies. Works a treat.

• Like 1

Dont want to get too personal Paully, but with regards to female physiology..women arent "dry" when turned on. Just might be that you arent really greasing the wheels..so to speak?

I agree with TBL ....... no need for any personal efforts.

Shame your lady doesn't. whistling.gif I wonder why. coffee1.gif

Sadly quite a few men on this forum though seem unable to "let go" of their "Issues" with their country women so make sad comments about physical appearance or mannerisms with the suggestion the millions apon millions of causasion women somehow all look, act & dress then same & all have the same manners, personal hygiene & even, reading one of the tragic posts above, taste in sports shoe!!!

really eek, leave them to it, why do you let it bother you, they shouldnt' register, you are so much better than that.

They will keep making their comments on the fourm & therefore keep making themselves look like the bitter, petty dross that they are. biggrin.png

I think it's worth remembering that 99% of the time, when these guys berate Western women over their appearance or mannerisms, they're only describing the calibre of Western women THEY can/could actually GET while conveniently ruling out their own aesthetics or personality traits as being partly or equally to blame for having to choose a woman from that pool.

Their enthusiasm for Thai women revolves the apparent lack of importance that some Thai women place on their deficiencies, real or imagined. Still, said enthusiasm is fickle - you only have to read their interminable posts whining about how Thai women are mercenaries out to get whatever they can from Western men.

Men who are/were used to getting attractive, slim, feminine Western women don't harbour these views.

<they're only describing the calibre of Western women THEY can/could actually GET >

Not necessarily so. I worked for 28 years in a predominantly female occupation, and must have met thousands of women over that time. I didn't work with any Thai women, but I did with many Philipinas, and I can say that I had no attraction to any of them, other than the Phllipinas that hadn't yet been indoctrinated by western culture. The women came from many different countries, so not just white women. IMO it's the culture that makes them unattractive.

BTW, I had many platonic friendships with western ( and African and Asian ) women, so it's not a case of disliking all western women, I just never felt sufficiently attracted to try and marry one.

I did once have a long term relationship with a white western woman, but once was enough to put me off trying again.

other meaning it is when the monkey chanee say ‘por por por’ in Thai it mean ‘husband”

when we talk with another people, talk to girlfriend about husband, we would call him por

You know I have Scottish Heritage ... whistling.gif

Actually we are both cooking tonight.

I'm doing the steaks and she preparing her first 'Farang' (think basic) garden Salad.

Life is good at the moment.

• Like 2

I'm doing the steaks and she preparing her first 'Farang' (think basic) garden Salad.

Same here,I didn't pay one. whistling.gif

Same here,I didn't pay one. whistling.gif

''Didn't pay one'' what. ?

I think most use the term loosely.

If you see a group of women or even just one...you may not know what country she comes from, so how can you say 'oh look, there goes a group of Uzbekistan women'...or equally for norway, ireland, finland etc etc.....so much easier to issue a tag....much like us 'blokes' get a tag of 'bloke'...yet we are not offended by it.

Youse farang chicks need to grow a thicker hide....many have it already and at the end of the day a thicker hide is what us blokes do not like anyway.....but stop being so sensitive about everything and think too mutt.

farang = foreigner . does not matter where they come from . just like when all of Asian people go to the western world , they are called Asians. they do not jump up and down about being called Asians

Didn't read all 6 pages but,

I wonder if Thai,Chinese,Japanese,Korean, Singaporean. etc. ladies

feel offended when they are lumped into being called Asian Women?

Also while Thai's may find it easy to do the same by calling

foreign Caucasian women Falang Women they do usually ask as a first question

where your from.

Edit: hahah right after I posted I see the same said right above mine

( Well I did say I didn't read the 6 pages smile.png )

Edited by mania

farang = foreigner . does not matter where they come from . just like when all of Asian people go to the western world , they are called Asians. they do not jump up and down about being called Asians

Unless they go to the UK where they'll be called Chinese. If you call someone Asian in the UK you're talking about someone from the Indian sub-continent.

• Like 1

I think most thais use this term loosely ..no offense at all.

However,,I feel kinda or sorta insulted to be called Asian instead of chinese when I was traveling in USA and Some European countries.....I know it didn't make any sense .....I'm just nagging here and i could understand this situation coz iv been there ...Actually, I don't care about it ... "Farang" is a simple word for Thais to describe all the whites without offenses

I always have travel bugs!!

Sorry i haven't had time to read the whole topic but I take people at face value, you post like you are a nice sane person. I have also met some crazy Thai women but don't think all Thais are crazy.

I like Western women I have dated many and my favourite farang women gave birth to me.

Now Western men, thats a totally different story ;)

• Like 2