Ok..this Is Not A Troll Thread.."farang Food"..

cheesyd

Farang = Foreigner so Farang Food = Foreign Food.

Not sure of the point the OP is trying to make ?

Not true mate, Falang is used strictly for Western Caucasian foreigners. People of Mid Asian decent are called "Khun Khek", Chinese are called "Khun Cheen" and so on. Foods are given similar post fixes, Western foods are called kin Falang, Mid Eastern foods - kin Khek, Chinese foods - kin Cheen.

I'm not Caucasian but I've been referred to as a farang ever since I got here. So have many of my non-white Westerner friends.

Thais as a generality don't like BLAND food and I do think Thais generalize western (f-rang) food as being BLAND. So I think in many ways there is a negative connotation. Also, of course obviously the non-elite masses of Thailand have never even tried DECENT western food in the first place, so how would they know?

Yes, like hickory smoked pork ribs.

Or, peppered pork sausages you know. like Isaan sausages but without the grisle, fat and floor scrapings.

Or, a mutton madras with pilau rice, onion bhaji side dish and a garlic nan - Thad, ask Tony about the new Siem Reap Indian. First class.

Thais as a generality don't like BLAND food and I do think Thais generalize western (f-rang) food as being BLAND. So I think in many ways there is a negative connotation. Also, of course obviously the non-elite masses of Thailand have never even tried DECENT western food in the first place, so how would they know?

Or, peppered pork sausages you know. like Isaan sausages but without the grisle, fat and floor scrapings.

Or, a mutton madras with pilau rice, onion bhaji side dish and a garlic nan - Thad, ask Tony about the new Siem Reap Indian. First class.

Indian food wouldn't be called f-rang food.thumbsup.gif

Indian food wouldn't be called f-rang food.thumbsup.gif

Oops! - Fair cop J.T.

I shall as it didn't crop up in the conversation last night, the bottle of Port he brought back was quite nice though.

JT, if the Indian food in question is British style Indian food, i.e. it isn't as dry as sand-paper and not full of bone fragments, it qualifies as Farang food in my opinion.