Future U.k. Pound To Thai B Exchange Rate?

hi i need to move some money from the u.k. to thailand in the next 4 months. should i do it now or wait for a couple of months? where will the exchange rate go? down or up?? please only coment if you acualy know what you are on about and not just comenting i what you would like to see! thank you

If triple dip i see 40-42.

If no recession and USA or EUROPE run in to trouble then maybe back up towards 46-48 but I doubt hardly any chance to over 50.

Most likely it will keep falling to around low 40s and any bounce will be back towards 45.

I'm crossing my fingers for bounce time on my money transfer but to save the agony will transfer soon as its ready to go. So if I were in your shoes I'd just get on and transfer it asap.

No more sharp drops on the cards like in the first 2 months of 2013, but it's down to 44.35 now and I expect to see around 43.50 by the end of March. Then a continuing gradual decline throughout 2013, ending the year at about 39. Yes, I said 39. May bounce back to 45 or so in mid-2014, but you will NEVER see 50 baht to the pound again.

No more sharp drops on the cards like in the first 2 months of 2013, but it's down to 44.35 now and I expect to see around 43.50 by the end of March. Then a continuing gradual decline throughout 2013, ending the year at about 39. Yes, I said 39. May bounce back to 45 or so in mid-2014, but you will NEVER see 50 baht to the pound again.

And you base your predictions on what exactly?

It will be up, down, up, down, up down, up down, etc, etc over the next 4 months, so take your pick. But I say you should transfer money on 27 April, as that is a very auspicious day. But don't blame me if it doesn't work out. Just make a decision. You'll either win or lose. Or toss a coin to decide.

It will be up, down, up, down, up down, up down, etc, etc over the next 4 months, so take your pick. But I say you should transfer money on 27 April, as that is a very auspicious day. But don't blame me if it doesn't work out. Just make a decision. You'll either win or lose. Or toss a coin to decide.

Let me guess, 1526 - Mogol King Babur beats sultan of Delhi

• Like 1

I think the range of answers tells you that no one really knows. There's more saying the £ will fall and I tend to agree - no expert, but just what I read in the financial press.

My view, for what it's worth, is when it's time to transfer the money you transfer it - a slight change in the XR is nice but we choose to live here and it's one thing we have no say in nor control over so we have to put up with whatever we get.

• Like 1

Transfer half now and take your chances with the other half?

sounds most sensible, trend is down and currencies usually do that for a long time. I also assume at least a test of 40 in the near future

please only coment if you acualy know what you are on about...

that only prophets should comment is a reasonable demand.

Bring forth the prophets.

I doubt many prophets will comment....most are staying in the poor house (no internet access) since they lost the robe off their back during the recent/ongoing financial crisis...especially the FX trading prophets.

• Like 1

"NEVER see 50 again" that's what someone said last year,and it touched 50 in December,I would'nt be surprised to see it happen again this year.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

"NEVER see 50 again" that's what someone said last year,and it touched 50 in December,I would'nt be surprised to see it happen again this year.

That would now be an over 10% retracement from here.

Over the next six months I can confidently predict that the GBP/THB rate will go up, go down and/or stay the same. On a day to day basis possibly (probably) all three.

Of course on a time-scale longer than 6 months it's difficult to tell.

I'll start buying pounds when it reaches parity with the Aussie dollar

it wont be long before it reaches parity with the euro,1.25 about 4weeks ago now 1.14.

so expats in the euro zone are going to feel the pinch.

i had some euro's 3yrs.ago and got 48bht.today its 38. down over 20%.

its goner be a hard time for them that planned at say 50bht.to the £.

A good starting point would be to think about what the "mutually agreeable" rate is.. Many people that are moaning about the rate are comparing to the giddy heights of 75 baht to the pound, which is quite obviously far to high.

Against that the current rate of 44ish is too low. What would you feel to be the "true" rate.

About 55(ish)?

Yes I had a Similar conversation when Sterling was around 38/39 in 1997 with a guy in the next bar and I told him it would hit 90 within a few months......

I mean it was all Pie in the Sky..................

I mean how could it go to 90.....................whistling.gif

Sterling "could" return to 2.00 against the Greenback over the next 10 years. Never say never.............