Paelo Diet In Thailand

MrHammer

I wonder if you even watched the vids, an open mind is something good if you want to learn. But looks like you don't want to learn or even see critisism on your newfound wonder cure for all.

Basically they all trash the notion that those paleo diets that are touted are what they ate back then. its simply not true and a marketing gimmick.

But everyone is also saying there are sure health benefits to eating whole foods unprocessed stuff.

Its just the lies that come with the diet to make a few bucks and the theory is just flawed.

Like I said before just take the good things from fad diets and have an open mind don't fall for it all educate yourself.

The second vid is also real nice science disproving your beloved diet.

Just to add:

- real low carb has its uses, its just not for me but i don't doubt that it works as lowering my carbs helped combat fat. I however don't believe that you can eat all you want on low carb and still believe in the end its about how much you consume calorie wise. I still believe in That law, and sure not all calories are the same but in the end the amount does count and you can't eat all you want.

- Atkins - basically also low carb high protein / fat to make you saturated faster works for some

- High protein / healthy fat moderate carbs (that is what i do)

- Paleo has its good parts too, but the gimmic is false and that is what i combat.

Overall, eating unprocessed foods is better as eating processed ones but that goes for every diet. Not going for simple carbs and sugars, again goes for every diet.

For lactose intollerant people cut out milk ok, but for others milk has absolutely no problems many can handle it quite well.

Grains, simple ones might be bad but nothing bad about some oats and such but all in moderation. Paleo says no grains but what i posted in the other topic clearly shows that paleo people dit eat them. Actually they ate everything available to them as they had to survive and move around from foodsource to foodsource.

Healthy fats, everyone knows about them and fits in all those diets.

Just common sense you don't have to confine yourself to one school of thought and you have to find what works for you.

• Like 1

I wonder if you even watched the vids, an open mind is something good if you want to learn. But looks like you don't want to learn or even see critisism on your newfound wonder cure for all.

Basically they all trash the notion that those paleo diets that are touted are what they ate back then. its simply not true and a marketing gimmick.

But everyone is also saying there are sure health benefits to eating whole foods unprocessed stuff.

Its just the lies that come with the diet to make a few bucks and the theory is just flawed.

Like I said before just take the good things from fad diets and have an open mind don't fall for it all educate yourself.

Edited by tominbkk

How is eating whole healthy nutrition filled food a fad diet?

Just to add:

- real low carb has its uses, its just not for me but i don't doubt that it works as lowering my carbs helped combat fat. I however don't believe that you can eat all you want on low carb and still believe in the end its about how much you consume calorie wise. I still believe in That law, and sure not all calories are the same but in the end the amount does count and you can't eat all you want.

Low carb works because it helps to curb appetite, if you get in ketosis.

How is eating whole healthy nutrition filled food a fad diet?

Its not, but its touted as being Paleo while its just common sense. I always go for whole healthy stuff.

Just to add:

Low carb works because it helps to curb appetite, if you get in ketosis.

Not my experience with it but I admit I havent done it for more then 2 weeks. It takes time and as I have read not everyone shares the same experience.

But im not going against it, as I said i believe it has it uses.

I really don't feel like I'm roughing it though. For breakfast I have a couple/few scrambled eggs and a little bit of sweet potato, and some greens, usually broccoli or spinach. I have a nice hot cup of black coffee, and if I feel like it I'll have some berries or some other fruit (papaya, guava, melon, dragonfruit are good lowish sugar fruits). I don't eat fruit every day, just when I get the hankering for it.
For lunch I'll have a nice big piece of chicken or some steak or other protein like fish and I will have some squash or sweet potato and more greens.
For dinner I often have a nice piece of salmon, or some chicken or a couple pork chops, or I often make a stew of sorts in my slow cooker and have that with a nice big green salad with homemade vinaigrette. Again, I'll have some berries in a little bit of coconut milk, or a nice big mango if I feel like something super sweet.
I don't really snack that much, but if I do want something I'll have some roasted cashews or almonds. I treat myself to some soda water with lime in the evening. I usually have a serving of kimchi every day as well...fermented foods are good for you.
For those who do not know what paleo is, they would have no idea that I am eating really any differently. It's only when you actually look at what I'm not eating that you realize that it is paleo.
I really enjoy my meals, but what’s great is that I don’t have the urge to snack or I don’t obsess over food.

You do have cravings, even after 2 weeks. You've mentioned it 3 times in this post:

1. "or a nice big mango if I feel like something super sweet"

2. "I don't eat fruit every day, just when I get the hankering for it"

3. "and if I feel like it I'll have some berries or some other fruit"

People on low carb diets don't usually eat this much fruit or any at all, especially "nice big mangos".

You're craving carbs (sugar) and take care of it with fruit and sweet potato which is full of sugar too. IMO this is fine, but don't come along and say you don't have cravings. If you cut your carbs even lower your cravings will get stronger.

Sorry, you are confused again.

I used to do low carb and would not eat fruit.

I'm not doing low carb now (though I am sure I am below 50-75 grams of carbs a day usually) because paleo allows some fruit...I don't gorge on fruit.

Not really sure what you are going on about, if I said I was doing a keto diet then I would be contradicting myself.

It is perfectly alright on a paleo diet to have fruit. Actually, My first week I was eating more fruit, the last 5-6 days I think I've only had two pieces of fruit. But, according to the diet I am following, I can have it a couple times a day, which I already told you about. Same with squash/sweet potatoes, I am having about a half cup's worth with my meal, though if I wanted more than that I would have it. I've been finding that my 5-10 kilometeres of walk/jog/run every day is done more energetically with a little bit of carb in the diet.

I realize I got your panties in a bunch with my my post the other day, sorry it affected you so much! unsure.png Go back to your heaping bowls of oatmeal! smile.png

There's no point arguing with people by trying to convince yourself they are confused... and where did you dream up the idea I eat heaping bowls of oats? When I do eat oats, which is not every day, I weigh the quantity to about 50 - 60 grams.

The point was made that you do crave sweet things and you made it very clear in your post. The lower you go in carbs, the more you'll crave them. Your diet will not and obviously does not eliminate that craving.

A diet below 50 - 75 grams of carbs is certainly low carb and will not be easy to maintain in the long run. That's only 200 - 300 calories from carbs, which is only about 10% of calories from carbs for an average man.

Just keep eating those "nice big mangoes" whenever you feel the need for sugar. You didn't make it clear in your earlier posts. Do you still drink alcohol or not? Just the calories from alcohol (which includes carbs) will eliminate cravings.

Edited by tropo

Here some info of a scientist that tells that paleo people did eat grains. It is around 2-3 minutes where he explains it. Shows you some insights.

Basically says things what i say its good to eat non processed food but the paleo diet is misunderstood.

What a great find and thanks for posting it. Very educational.

Some Paleo diet theorists will argue that indigenous native Americans found by settlers (from 1492) are not primitive "cave dwelling" humans.

It is clear that even "primitive" humans craved sweet things if they could find them and favoured starchy foods if available.

Their starchy things came in the shapes of tubers and berries , or seasonally in the shape of apple trees - not in the shape of jumbo bags of extra BBQ Doritos But eat what you want! smile.png

Now this is where you show ignorance, despite it being explained many times. A non-Paleo diet does not have to be a diet of junk food. How long will it take you to figure this out?

Dont let science get into the way of a fad diet.

Anyway I am all for whole foods and stuff and non processed foods, but don't act like this diet is waht paleo people ate and say that we should too.

I am not against this diet, I am against the junk around it the lies and such. It is not what we ate back then and they did eat grains back then.

There is no one paleo diet.. there are many because of locality. just like the real scientist says

Another great find. Very enlightening!

I am not saying that the Paleo diet as it is touted is bad, it certainly has good aspects.

What i am saying is that the arguments that they use are faslse as Paleo men certainly did not eat like this, and they did eat grains ect.

They are using false arguments, and like i said before the Paleo diet was not about health it was about survival and far from optimal and varied a lot per location and per season. It is no where near what is being sold here and promoted. Both scientists in both clips back up what i have to say.

So I am not attacking the diet as such but more their "proof" because eating un processed foods is good and most diets / food programs go like that.

No grains or milk could be good.. but only for those who are sensative to gluten or lactose, other people have absolutely no problems with grains or milk.

So yes sure it could be good but the arguments are false as are the arguments against grains.

I still believe that Paleo men had a real limited diet goverened by location and season, what we can eat now today is far superior.

I am not saying that the Paleo diet as it is touted is bad, it certainly has good aspects.

What i am saying is that the arguments that they use are faslse as Paleo men certainly did not eat like this, and they did eat grains ect.

They are using false arguments, and like i said before the Paleo diet was not about health it was about survival and far from optimal and varied a lot per location and per season. It is no where near what is being sold here and promoted. Both scientists in both clips back up what i have to say.

So I am not attacking the diet as such but more their "proof" because eating un processed foods is good and most diets / food programs go like that.

No grains or milk could be good.. but only for those who are sensative to gluten or lactose, other people have absolutely no problems with grains or milk.

So yes sure it could be good but the arguments are false as are the arguments against grains.

I still believe that Paleo men had a real limited diet goverened by location and season, what we can eat now today is far superior.

The part about the digestive track not resembling that of carnivores is very interesting. It's a point I've always known, but it somehow got forgotten when discussing this recent fad diet. Our gut also does not resemble that of herbivores, and therefore it's impossible to digest cellulose. Humans are like "jack-of-all-trades, but master of none". We are in the middle where we most efficiently digest fruit, milk, cooked grains and legumes. We are just not suited to eating too much meat.

The part about the digestive track not resembling that of carnivores is very interesting. It's a point I've always known, but it somehow got forgotten when discussing this recent fad diet. Our gut also does not resemble that of herbivores, and therefore it's impossible to digest cellulose. Humans are like "jack-of-all-trades, but master of none". We are in the middle where we most efficiently digest fruit, milk, cooked grains and legumes. We are just not suited to eating too much meat.

Yes i found that interesting too.. i am wondering what is too much meat as i take around 300-350 grams a day.

I really don't feel like I'm roughing it though. For breakfast I have a couple/few scrambled eggs and a little bit of sweet potato, and some greens, usually broccoli or spinach. I have a nice hot cup of black coffee, and if I feel like it I'll have some berries or some other fruit (papaya, guava, melon, dragonfruit are good lowish sugar fruits). I don't eat fruit every day, just when I get the hankering for it.
For lunch I'll have a nice big piece of chicken or some steak or other protein like fish and I will have some squash or sweet potato and more greens.
For dinner I often have a nice piece of salmon, or some chicken or a couple pork chops, or I often make a stew of sorts in my slow cooker and have that with a nice big green salad with homemade vinaigrette. Again, I'll have some berries in a little bit of coconut milk, or a nice big mango if I feel like something super sweet.
I don't really snack that much, but if I do want something I'll have some roasted cashews or almonds. I treat myself to some soda water with lime in the evening. I usually have a serving of kimchi every day as well...fermented foods are good for you.
For those who do not know what paleo is, they would have no idea that I am eating really any differently. It's only when you actually look at what I'm not eating that you realize that it is paleo.
I really enjoy my meals, but what’s great is that I don’t have the urge to snack or I don’t obsess over food.

You do have cravings, even after 2 weeks. You've mentioned it 3 times in this post:

1. "or a nice big mango if I feel like something super sweet"

2. "I don't eat fruit every day, just when I get the hankering for it"

3. "and if I feel like it I'll have some berries or some other fruit"

People on low carb diets don't usually eat this much fruit or any at all, especially "nice big mangos".

You're craving carbs (sugar) and take care of it with fruit and sweet potato which is full of sugar too. IMO this is fine, but don't come along and say you don't have cravings. If you cut your carbs even lower your cravings will get stronger.

Sorry, you are confused again.

I used to do low carb and would not eat fruit.

I'm not doing low carb now (though I am sure I am below 50-75 grams of carbs a day usually) because paleo allows some fruit...I don't gorge on fruit.

Not really sure what you are going on about, if I said I was doing a keto diet then I would be contradicting myself.

It is perfectly alright on a paleo diet to have fruit. Actually, My first week I was eating more fruit, the last 5-6 days I think I've only had two pieces of fruit. But, according to the diet I am following, I can have it a couple times a day, which I already told you about. Same with squash/sweet potatoes, I am having about a half cup's worth with my meal, though if I wanted more than that I would have it. I've been finding that my 5-10 kilometeres of walk/jog/run every day is done more energetically with a little bit of carb in the diet.

I realize I got your panties in a bunch with my my post the other day, sorry it affected you so much! unsure.png Go back to your heaping bowls of oatmeal! smile.png

There's no point arguing with people by trying to convince yourself they are confused... and where did you dream up the idea I eat heaping bowls of oats? When I do eat oats, which is not every day, I weigh the quantity to about 50 - 60 grams.

The point was made that you do crave sweet things and you made it very clear in your post. The lower you go in carbs, the more you'll crave them. Your diet will not and obviously does not eliminate that craving.

A diet below 50 - 75 grams of carbs is certainly low carb and will not be easy to maintain in the long run. That's only 200 - 300 calories from carbs, which is only about 10% of calories from carbs for an average man.

Just keep eating those "nice big mangoes" whenever you feel the need for sugar. You didn't make it clear in your earlier posts. Do you still drink alcohol or not? Just the calories from alcohol (which includes carbs) will eliminate cravings.

Hi, please read carefully. Paleo does not allow alcohol and I am thus not drinking alcohol. Even before my alcohol intake was ~bottle of red a week. Mostly the weekends, I would have 2-3 glasses Friday and Saturday. I think you need to clean your glasses! :)

Our guts are designed to digest meat, veggies, and fruit, really. The de-germified de-fiberized leftover polished grain endosperm that people eat nowadays resembles nothing what ancient man had or ate in their diet.

Our guts are designed to digest meat, veggies, and fruit, really. The de-germified de-fiberized leftover polished grain endosperm that people eat nowadays resembles nothing what ancient man had or ate in their diet.

Yes i found that interesting too.. i am wondering what is too much meat as i take around 300-350 grams a day.

I probably take around 350 grams of meat protein a day as well. Plus a couple eggs on top of that. My meals are more veggie than meat (lots of kale, broccoli, asparagus, and zucchini as of late!).

I agree it is not the same but not all progress is bad, if you look the second vid the scientist there stated that before veggies had more stuff in it that we could not handle.. But by selective breeding (done for ages) we changed it to better suit us.

I am not a big fan of genetically engineered stuff. but selective breeding has been around for ages. I doubt it is all bad, I do agree its bad in some cases.

Not all change is bad, the fact that you can get all those vegetables so easy back in the paleo days. Back then most of the day revolved around getting food.

I agree it is not the same but not all progress is bad, if you look the second vid the scientist there stated that before veggies had more stuff in it that we could not handle.. But by selective breeding (done for ages) we changed it to better suit us.

I am not a big fan of genetically engineered stuff. but selective breeding has been around for ages. I doubt it is all bad, I do agree its bad in some cases.

Not all change is bad, the fact that you can get all those vegetables so easy back in the paleo days. Back then most of the day revolved around getting food.

True that...you might have had to hunt and gather all day, plus escape the occasional wilderbeast or sabertooth. :)

Selective breeding of fruits/veg have negative consequences - lots of fruit, oranges apples pineapple and bananas come to mind, where most of the nutrients have been breeded out and they are basically huge sugar bombs.

Flip side of the coin was that many of the available fruit and veggies were not eatable / digestible and had poisons in them to deter us before selective breeding. So its not all bad, i hold a slightly less negative view of our current situation as now.

As for wilder-beast chasing us,, not many herbivores chase humans (at least unless provoked)

Our guts are designed to digest meat, veggies, and fruit, really.

You should have watched the video.

Using the word "designed" would suggest you believe we were created. Our guts were certainly not designed for meat.

All you have to do is take a look at the gut of any carnivore to see the difference. Carnivores have much shorter small intestines and can produce vitamin C.

Edited by tropo

Our guts are designed to digest meat, veggies, and fruit, really.

You should have watched the video.

Using the word "designed" would suggest you believe we were created. Our guts were certainly not designed for meat.

All you have to do is take a look at the gut of any carnivore to see the difference. Carnivores have much shorter small intestines and can produce vitamin C.

Humans are pretty adaptable so small amounts of meat are not really a problem. We do have teeth that seemed to have evolved to eat meat.

Is fish counted as meat?

Anyway I have always advocated limiting red meat and dairy as a way to better health as they are implicated in a variety of cancers and chronic conditions when eaten in large quantities and too often.

We can just eat about anything we are just not overly specialized for anything. Just like tropo said Jack of all trades Master of none.

That's a nice way to rationalize it.

It is what we are we are neither carnivore nor herbivore so basically we are neither great eaters of plants and not great for just meat.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...