Reds In Bid To Foil Democrat Rally

Lite Beer

Keep them stupid, keep them poor.

Obviously that's why the red-shirts tried to stop the Democrats from rallying. Any democracy loving individual would do the same, especially when educated at one of the red schools where democracy is taught and how bad the others are.

BTW are the MiB in the topic picture MiB of police or just friendly rangers? Are they preventing the dastardly Dems to attack the peaceful red-shirts ?

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I also seem to reacall there was a high rate of poverty in areas like Khon Kaen.......so this may go some way to explaining the attitude to the ex government that continually hounded a man who may be perceived to have moved the region forward, and improved their quality of life. But of course does not excuse organised violence or threats.

Just go a little way outside Khon Kaen city and you would see that there is still plenty of poor people around. Also, from the report it seems that a large mob had come from Udon (bastion of red shirt villages) to join the 'fun'. As for their actions being explained about their attitude to the 'hounding' of Thaksin, this is a pseudo-argument to excuse their basic lack of understanding of democracy.

Going off on a tangent. All this talk of Democracy and voting for change. What proportion of the PTP supporters are illiterate? The villagers around my in-laws, including them, are unable to read or write. Any attempt to dress up the 'mandate' seems to be on a hiding to nothing.

IMHO, PTP have a parliamentary majority which reds confuse, conveniently, with a mandate.

Edited by Noistar

Everyone talks about democracy, as if everyone knows what it is, but I would really love if some pollsters asked 100 random Thais (red, yellow or whatever) to write their definition of democracy on a piece of paper, and then posted it all unedited online. I bet it would be a real eye opener for pretty much everybody :-D

• Like 2

Don't feign ignorance of an adage. I do agree with you that 'keep them stupid & poor' is the Thaksin way of using them for his own ends. Apart from subsidised crops & products, what development has Isan gained? Not a lot & it is so much easier to have a paid group brainwash them (& pay them) to vote for you, which is what it's all about - votes not development.

Living here, the major development I can see that Issan residents have gained is the understanding that they have been screwed by Bangkok and the elite for far too long, and they ain't gunna put up with it any more.

More power to them I say - now if they could only rid themselves of the despotic, self-serving Thaksin and his cronies, and find some sensible leaders to positively harness their power, it could all happen a whole lot quicker, and with less disruption.

Edited by jackspratt
  • Like 2

Come on red defenders, let's hear from your side please. So far this is a very one sided discussion for some reason.

Pimay1, Perhaps most good folk on ThaiVisa are from good democratic countries and know the score

or dont want to get booted of site.

• Like 1

Just another primary example of why the Reds and PTP should be removed from the face of Thailand. Thugs, armed and dangerous, held impervious to assault or prosecution by the joke calling itself the Royal Thailand Police. Democracy being the catch cry, insurgency being the motive.

Based on this anti-democratic bigotry, one would hope that a few farangs are removed from the face of Thailand - and asap.

I despair that the country I come from can breed this kind of intolerant thinking.

Edited by jackspratt
  • Like 1

Why don't you defend the quote from Fitch concerning Yingluck stability which you regard as the gospel ?

Come show us you can answer questions rather than play with smoke and mirrors .

Four words come to mind regarding Thailand, Puppet Master, Yingluck, Stability

Well let us examine my statement I supported with the headline......"Thing is guys thriving economies and global confidence make good partners as with Thai Rak Thai in government - as now".......you guys appear to be trying to question the main comment...so rather than quote wiki on credit rating - perhaps you could address the main statement - is this statement correct or not? thank you.

Edited by 473geo

Was wondering how this got from the reds actions against a rally and crossed over to the credit ratings, another thread.

Oh yes, the reds trying to divert from something undefendable.

SOP

Was wondering how this got from the reds actions against a rally and crossed over to the credit ratings, another thread.

Well said. Been there, done that. Nice to see nothing changes. Why defend the indefensible when you can distract the discussion.

Is there any Red contribution to the thread, or perhaps the mods can stop the posts here and ask the guilty people to repost

Well said. Been there, done that. Nice to see nothing changes. Why defend the indefensible when you can distract the discussion.

Is there any Red contribution to the thread, or perhaps the mods can stop the posts here and ask the guilty people to repost

Yes, it's been pointed out before in this thread. The usual red brigade supporters (or is that participants) tactic is the 'but, but.....' syndrome with Abhisit, Suthep, PAD, Isan, Cambodia, the army & the Dems being some of the usual suffixes to the 'but'.

It doesn't always work however as they sometimes shoot themselves in the foot or, as Yoshiwara says, fall on their swords, whereupon the guessing game starts about who a new poster was previously.

Why don't you defend the quote from Fitch concerning Yingluck stability which you regard as the gospel ?

Come show us you can answer questions rather than play with smoke and mirrors .

Four words come to mind regarding Thailand, Puppet Master, Yingluck, Stability

The markets are for the moment happier with Yingluck representing stability for the Thai economy. While the red dogs are kept on a reasonably short leash and Thaksin stays out of the country the Thai establishment will settle for this deal, but uncertainty remains on two counts: first the possibility of a VIP event and second Thaksin's tendency to shoot himself in the foot in an effort to regain his return. Also it is nice to know that our friendly fake left red apologists are so excited at the rating agencies' assessment of Thailand.

As earlier mentioned, I'm not sure there is as much connection as often claimed in Thailand between the performance of the government of the day and rating agencies findings.Apart from the debacle in the late 1990's (from which the right lessons were learnt) I believe all who have Thailand's interests at heart should be grateful to the senior bureaucrats responsible for economic management.

Turning to your post I don't disagree with your basic analysis.My question is however if the uneasy accomodation breaks down whether for the reasons you mention or another cause, what exactly is the Thai establishment going to do to sort the matter out given that past "solutions" didn't work out, and are even less likely to work out in the future.

Yes, it's been pointed out before in this thread. The usual red brigade supporters (or is that participants) tactic is the 'but, but.....' syndrome with Abhisit, Suthep, PAD, Isan, Cambodia, the army & the Dems being some of the usual suffixes to the 'but'.

It doesn't always work however as they sometimes shoot themselves in the foot or, as Yoshiwara says, fall on their swords, whereupon the guessing game starts about who a new poster was previously.

I think you have a point.By this I mean it should be possible on many occasions to justify or explain Government/PTP/redshirt action on its own terms without reference to perceived crimes/mistakes/weaknesses of those who oppose them (essentially the parties mentioned in your post).Obviously there will be occasions when a comparison will be very relevant but the constant kindergarden approach of "your lot are just as bad if not worse " makes discussion sterile and uninteresting.It works the other way as well of course.It should be possible to criticise the Government/PTP/redshirts without boringly harping on about the many abuses by Thaksin.Equally there should be recognition that one can be a general supporter of this government without being a "Thaksin lickspittle" as one member recently charmingly referred to me.

But how to be constructive? My modest and I trust helpful contribution is to have instituted the Sriracha Memorial Prize for the most boneheaded and fatuous introduction of Thaksin into a thread where he is not relevant.

• Like 1

I think you have a point.By this I mean it should be possible on many occasions to justify or explain Government/PTP/redshirt action on its own terms without reference to perceived crimes/mistakes/weaknesses of those who oppose them (essentially the parties mentioned in your post).Obviously there will be occasions when a comparison will be very relevant but the constant kindergarden approach of "your lot are just as bad if not worse " makes discussion sterile and uninteresting.It works the other way as well of course.It should be possible to criticise the Government/PTP/redshirts without boringly harping on about the many abuses by Thaksin.Equally there should be recognition that one can be a general supporter of this government without being a "Thaksin lickspittle" as one member recently charmingly referred to me.

But how to be constructive? My modest and I trust helpful contribution is to have instituted the Sriracha Memorial Prize for the most boneheaded and fatuous introduction of Thaksin into a thread where he is not relevant.

I actually agree with most of what you say. It is, however rather difficult to leave Thaksin out of the criticism of PTP/red-shirts when he controls the former & set up & paid for the latter. Also you have at times made similar fatuous & boneheaded comments in your responses to some of my posts - not necessarily about me (although the inference was there) but about your critics in general.

• Like 1

If a PEACEFUL rally is being held by ANYONE, what the hell has Yinglucks reds supposed to be doing....do they have work to do ??? I thought unemployment was near zero ??? Stability The P.M. keeps claiming here and abroad (where she normally is spending her time) If the lady is worth her salt, she should allow a following of red shirts, no problem BUT stop the hostile antics and troublemaking------AND BAN RED SHIRT VILLAGES. STABILITY---JOKE