Confused And Help Needed With Getting A Non B

Trying to seek advice with regards to my boyfriend getting a non b visa.

He has been sent all the documentation from his company and went to go on a Thai visa service to Vientiane, Laos and he was turned away as he did not have the correct paperwork. The lady said he needs a label for his passport from the Social Welfare office in Bangkok and that they can change his triple entry tourist visa to a non b there? He has spoken to his company about it but they said he still needs to leave the country?!

The whole thing is proving to be a pain in the backside...

He's tempted to go to Kuala Lumpur and get one there but again... the requirements state that you must not have a valid thai visa before applying for the non b. If he has a triple entry tourist visa... and it's still valid if he goes to KL... How does he deal with this?

Also, one more thing... Where is the Social Welfare office in Bangkok? I googled and got this website: http://wp.doe.go.th/sites/eng/index.html but is this the correct place? Can someone confirm this for me please?

What type of job is he getting?

I have never heard of a sticker from the social welfare service.

The link you posted would be for a work permit from the department of employment.

If he is not teaching he will need a receipt for the work permit application (WP3) and a letter of approval from the DOE.

He would not need a visa service if he has all the paperwork required to get the visa in Vientiane. He could easily do it himself.

Edited by ubonjoe

What type of job is he getting?

I have never heard of a sticker from the social welfare service.

The link you posted would be for a work permit from the department of employment.

If he is not teaching he will need a receipt for the work permit application (WP3) and a letter of approval from the DOE.

He would not need a visa service if he has all the paperwork required to get the visa in Vientiane. He could easily do it himself.

Cheers I think we've cleared it all up now. It's a WP3 that he needs.

Thanks. :)