Where To Meet Normal Ladies?

tornado24

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right WTK. The OP is looking for women who are only interested in him for his scintillating conversation and joie de vivre and wouldn't even think of asking for him apres for the taxi fare home. Sometime in the not too distant future I'm guessing.

• Like 1

I'll go one more here before heading back to the wilds of Isaan:

When asked how do you find beautiful Thai women that might, at least in part, conform to 'normal' as above? I reply: You don't. They find you.

That is true just about everywhere and not just Thailand. I still say learning the Thai language is the first step in finding the right Thai lady. After that it would be like beating them off with a stick if the OP has ANYTHING going for him.

• Like 2

I'll go one more here before heading back to the wilds of Isaan:

When asked how do you find beautiful Thai women that might, at least in part, conform to 'normal' as above? I reply: You don't. They find you.

That is true just about everywhere and not just Thailand. I still say learning the Thai language is the first step in finding the right Thai lady. After that it would be like beating them off with a stick if the OP has ANYTHING going for him.

Naaaaaaaah, l ''can't'' speak Thai/Lao, but it's good fun talking to ladies who are learning English. thumbsup.gif

Went to tops today and it reminded me of an old TV series Happy Days.

In it a hip slicking cool guy (Henry Winkler) the Fonz was telling Ritchie (Ron Howard) a really good place to meet chicks is the super market.

You might want to work on your hello I am a nice guy interested only in meeting normal (a setting on a washing machine) Thai women.

Try a couple of variations on that in front of a mirror. I have faith in you. Remember if at first you don't succeed try try again there will be another bus along be there to meet it when it comes in.

• Like 1

Normal people don't go and

Haysus F.C. Is the definition of 'Normal' really core to this discussion?

He means a woman who's main source of income isn't through relationships of any kind with men, and who aren't nutcases otherwise. Why was that difficult?

I don't believe I have ever met one of those ............

He means a woman who's main source of income isn't through relationships of any kind with men, and who aren't nutcases otherwise. Why was that difficult?

Because this is Idiotville.

• Like 2

They are out there and there are many...

Some do have bad tempers though. I wouldn't classify them as "nutcases" though. I've met stalker types that call endlessly, stop by uninvited and so forth. But I would say they are more insecure than nutcases.

• Like 1

From #158 above: ... I am a nice guy interested only in meeting normal ... Thai women.

Based on my almost 10 year's in Thailand, suggesting to any Thai woman that you think she is 'normal' would be a good way to get a kick in the n-ts. And they have yet to be introduced to the concept of false modesty.

As per Chrissie Hynde Brass-In-Pocket

'Cause I gonna make you see

There's nobody else here
No one like me
I'm special so special
I gotta have some of your attention give it to me

Some do have bad tempers though. I wouldn't classify them as "nutcases" though. I've met stalker types that call endlessly, stop by uninvited and so forth. But I would say they are more insecure than nutcases.

Not talking about Thai ladies ........ talking about all women ....... never met one whose main source of income + not a nutcase.

I definitely have never married one that didn't fail both specifications.

Noooooo, they are more skint than others. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

In it a hip slicking cool guy (Henry Winkler) the Fonz was telling Ritchie (Ron Howard) a really good place to meet chicks is the super market.

You might want to work on your hello I am a nice guy interested only in meeting normal (a setting on a washing machine) Thai women.

Try a couple of variations on that in front of a mirror. I have faith in you. Remember if at first you don't succeed try try again there will be another bus along be there to meet it when it comes in.

I remember that episode. Man, I loved that show....came on just after Gilligans Island. Ginger was hot.

...anyway...

One of my favorite places to meet girls was the make-up counters at malls. It was easy to approach feigning interest in perfume or a gift for my Mom and then strike up conversation and ask for a number. It was a target rich environment and I was batting high numbers. It felt somewhat legit.

But then I started noticing more and more ladyboys working at make-up counters and it kind of lost it's appeal.

Similar results can be had in the underwear and bra sections. However, the shoe, kitchenware and whitegoods sections should be avoided at all costs.

• Like 1

One of my favorite places to meet girls was the make-up counters at malls. It was easy to approach feigning interest in perfume or a gift for my Mom and then strike up conversation and ask for a number. It was a target rich environment and I was batting high numbers. It felt somewhat legit.

LOL. Yes, that's how I found my second local girlfriend.

I realized soon after that these aren't the droids I'm looking for. ;)

(Wannabe-middle class but aren't, same poor rural background, no higher education, no experience handling money, main experience in tarting themselves up, doing nails all day, etc. Don't let that stop you of course, some very pretty ladies there. Main aspiration for many is becoming some rich guy's mia noi though.)

I remember that episode. Man, I loved that show....came on just after Gilligans Island. Ginger was hot.

...anyway...

But then I started noticing more and more ladyboys working at make-up counters and it kind of lost it's appeal.

Similar results can be had in the underwear and bra sections. However, the shoe, kitchenware and whitegoods sections should be avoided at all costs.

I hope you weren't telling the ladies in the underwear and bra sections the items were for your Mom w00t.gif

• Like 1

One has to be careful when categorizing Thai women who might not readily fit into the 'normal' category as generally offered above.

There are diamonds-in-the-rough out there that sometimes need just a little leg-up, a chance to re-group and re-arrange their priorities, and someone who might give them a boost of confidence. And then they absolutely shine.

Must agree, all for a leg up, even at my age. thumbsup.gif ..................w00t.gif

Thinking WAYYYYYYYYY back.... met her in a Cafe she was running. Uni dropout from Bangkok. Next thing you know... 10 years married :P

BTW I don't think the bar girls are "bad girls" at all - that's idiotic stereotyping. You can bet that most come from poor families, but that's about it. Sure you'll find many crazy ladies there, just as you'll find many crazy farangs in those places. But just as you'll also find perfectly good guys there, you can find perfectly good girls in a bar.

I have proof for that actually. A friend of mine met a girl in a bar - now he's not the typical bargirl bar kind of guy, he dislikes the whole scene and the exchange of services for money makes him uncomfortable. She had been there only briefly or so she claims who knows. What we do know is what happened next, he convinced her to find a job. He actually found a job for her, working in sales in one of the beauty places at the mall. It didn't take long until she pulled in pretty big money by Thai standards, and now she's a manager with a team under her. They're still together too.

Also if I had to look right now - learn to speak Thai properly. The more you speak the better your chances.

Also you're a farang which is a polarizing proposition. 10% of girls will be unsure if they want a farang boyfriend, 60% will be sure they don't, and 30% will be sure they do. Don't waste your time on the 60%, and enjoy the 30. Polarizing is good in politics and dating. It's much better to have 30% love you and 60% hate you than it is to have 100% with no opinion. Your chances go way up. Speaking as my former bachelor self of course, ahem tongue.png

Edit: Got to add this story, early in the am I am outside of one of the clubs that pass as hi-so in Chiang Mai and get to talk to this Thai guy. And he says to me "man, I feel kind of bad for you foreigners - you always end up with the ugliest chicks!". I said "yeah, because to us they look gorgeous". I don't think I was able to actually convey this to him at this hour and given both our levels of intoxication.... it's another great thing about Thailand, Thais don't like dark skin, we do.

Edited by nikster

...anyway...

Priceless... :cheesy: what was your "reason" to be in the bra section if I may ask?

The cosmetics counters I couldn't do... I hate those department stores with a passion and the cosmetics counters are the worst of all. Can't stand the smell, can't stand the product, the pretense, the "you're not good enough" mantra, all of it makes me want to throw up. Irreconcilable differences I am afraid wink.png

/rant

Edited by nikster

...anyway...

Priceless... cheesy.gif what was your "reason" to be in the bra section if I may ask?

The cosmetics counters I couldn't do... I hate those department stores with a passion and the cosmetics counters are the worst of all. Can't stand the smell, can't stand the product, the pretense, the "you're not good enough" mantra, all of it makes me want to throw up. Irreconcilable differences I am afraid wink.png

/rant

Not to mention what the creatures really look like under all the paint and glitter.

Also if I had to look right now - learn to speak Thai properly. The more you speak the better your chances.

Also you're a farang which is a polarizing proposition. 10% of girls will be unsure if they want a farang boyfriend, 60% will be sure they don't, and 30% will be sure they do. Don't waste your time on the 60%, and enjoy the 30. Polarizing is good in politics and dating. It's much better to have 30% love you and 60% hate you than it is to have 100% with no opinion. Your chances go way up. Speaking as my former bachelor self of course, ahem tongue.png

Edit: Got to add this story, early in the am I am outside of one of the clubs that pass as hi-so in Chiang Mai and get to talk to this Thai guy. And he says to me "man, I feel kind of bad for you foreigners - you always end up with the ugliest chicks!". I said "yeah, because to us they look gorgeous". I don't think I was able to actually convey this to him at this hour and given both our levels of intoxication.... it's another great thing about Thailand, Thais don't like dark skin, we do.

"...it's another great thing about Thailand, Thais don't like dark skin, we do...." Errr some of us do...whistling.gif

• Like 1

I live near several universities and, based on the overwhelming number of Thai couples that I see, a normal Thai female as described above is looking to hook up with a normal Thai male and has not even considered that she should be looking to hook up with a male who is otherwise.

Indeed, but there are exceptions and I am lucky to have found one :-)
  • Like 1

As to I-found-one, of course. I was just referring to the norm. Then there is always a low probability but high result approach like this:

In 1980's I used to work with a good looking guy. Married. 6' 2" (1.88 m) and trimly built. He used to go to bars after work in USA and go up to women of appropriate dimensions and ask: "Do you like to go with guys who like to screw women with big t-ts??"

And he said 9 out of 10 would tell him where to go or throw their drink in his face but he was happy with those odds.

BTW his wife later found out about this guy's many extra curricular activities and the divorce settlement was not pretty.

Edited by JLCrab

I live near several universities and, based on the overwhelming number of Thai couples that I see, a normal Thai female as described above is looking to hook up with a normal Thai male and has not even considered that she should be looking to hook up with a male who is otherwise.

Indeed, but there are exceptions and I am lucky to have found one :-)

Gotta admit it was kind of a silly statement to make considering he is in a country with 66,000,000 Thais and more than likely only 1,000,000 Farongs and some of them who are permanent all ready have a partner when they get here. while some of them are only interested in short term relationships. While most of them are not hanging around universities.

...anyway...

Priceless... cheesy.gif what was your "reason" to be in the bra section if I may ask?

/rant

Not to mention what the creatures really look like under all the paint and glitter.

Actually, it wasn't all the paint and glitter that bothered me at the time.

...but the facial imprint on the pillow from the Mac forcefield the next morning was defiantly a turn off.

My feeling is that educated attractive Thai women in their 20s have a higher level of openness to educated attractive farang men in their 20s-30s than their parents did. Not every farang that comes to Thailand comes because of the prostitutes or mia chaos. The issue is that if you don't speak Thai it will be difficult because the type of Thai woman who is not a serial farang hunter and has never had a farang boyfriend or been with lots of men period (but may be open to farang men who match in attractiveness, education, etc.)is often quite shy and even if she does speak English may be quite intimidated when speaking.

My girlfriend and her friends tell me that unlike in the west most women (normal women as the OP stated) will not be open to meeting someone at a place like WarmUp. As some other posters mentioned they will need a lot of time to feel comfortable and often will want to be "friends first".

Well I am guess I am prone to making silly statements but that's what I see day in day out. Even given those 66:1 numbers you might expect to see the occasional younger Thai / farang couple but it is rara avis compared to the boring normal Thai on Thai.

BTW this is what many of the normal girls are listening to on their iPhones and SamSoon Galaxies (courtesy Hikaru Utada):

See I don't need a freeloader
No I don't want a freeloader
If you want a piece of this stuff
Got to give, got to give something

Some persons IMHO should spend less time trying to define what qualities they seek in a Thai version of the opposite gender and where such persons can be found and more time as to why such persons should be interested in them. Especially so if they consider themselves to be well educated but can only speak a few monosyllables of Thai.

Some of the attitude regarding Thai women who, for reasons of their family, upbringing, or other circumstances beyond their control, and may have slipped a notch or two below pristine respectability, is just plain self-defeating for a guy who is expecting Thai women to be so interested in him.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1