Ooops! I have visa from the Thai Consulate Houston

I saw this posted on lonelyplanet.com -

"...I notice yesterday (on my 90 day visa run) at Aranyaprathet the Immigration officials are checking passports carefully on re-entry - two Americans were ushered into the office for a 'discussion' - (they both had those famous Non-Immigrant visas from Houston, TX) probably to determine people that are staying here on tourist visas long term and wether they had obtained the stamps legally or not."

What's up with this? Is a non-immigrant visa from the Houston Thai consulate going to get me in trouble???

Well, I haven't gotten the visa yet. I'm in California, but I heard the Houston consulate is the place to go. Would it make a difference if I get my visa by mail as opposed to applying in person?

And why are the Houston visas problematic?

No problems with Houston visas at all, if they are obtained while you are in the US, (via US mail or personal visit).

The only problems is that some visa agents in Thailand have sent passports via courier to several Thai Consulates, while the passport holder is in Thailand, and that is not to recommend.