Window Screen And Security Bar Shop In Hang Dong Not To Use

BB1955

I wont mention there name pm me if you want to stay clear of them , They were highly recomended by our neighbor who screens they did. Well went to see them they came measured gave us a price and we paid a deposit the rest to be paid in two weeks when our house was finished . Two weeks came house done we are wanting to move in . Called them they said oh we very busy be one more week . One week they come back out measure again, come back tommorow and be done in a couple hours . They show up the next day at 3:30 which was a Saturday 5 oclock there gone . Screens not even close to finished . Monday afternoon they come back owner calls me tells me all done so I go to the bank get the rest of the money and ride over to the house . They have two sceens on the wrong windows and the screen door on the back door the bottom was 5 inches off the floor and they had put fabric along the bottom to cover the five inches . So no money and I tell them fix it . Worker looks at me like Im crazy . My wife calls the owner he says no problem we come tommorow get door bring back to shop fix for you . Next day they show up take the door and fix the other two windows . Next day they come back with a different door and this time a frame which they install and its only an inch off the floor this time , can live with that so I paid them ,,,,, mistake ... Later that night wife goes to open the cabinet next to the door and the hinges to the screen door wont let it open . She calls owner says we come fix tommorow tommorow comes they dont show . I go by the shop speak to the wife of the owner explain we cant get our gas bottle in the cabinet . She says ok no problem I send worker with you right now . Guy follows me home looks at it says oh no problem I fix I cut your cabinet door . I say B.S you not cut my new cabinets . He says ok we come get door and fix tommorow . That didnt happen wifes calls owner says they come at 3 oclock and get the door . Well its almost 4 and no sign of them ....... The only thing I am holding over there heads no is the thought of building my security bars .... Fat chance ... Wife just shakes her head and says welcome to Thailand ......

so I paid them ,,,,, mistake ...

next time look closely, try everything, stop and think, look again, try again, then if everything is okay tell them you will pay 80% now because you do not have the rest but you will get it to them in 2 days. that will give you four days to discover what you did not notice before and what they really did not get right when you look at it sober in the morning, four days is the two you asked for plus the two you will ask and get for later.

• Like 1

so I paid them ,,,,, mistake ...

next time look closely, try everything, stop and think, look again, try again, then if everything is okay tell them you will pay 80% now because you do not have the rest but you will get it to them in 2 days. that will give you four days to discover what you did not notice before and what they really did not get right when you look at it sober in the morning, four days is the two you asked for plus the two you will ask and get for later.

Sober all the time and when its done and it appears right people expect to be paid and should be ..... Just as I expect it to be fixed when its not .....

I bet your neighbour is keeping a low profile....sorry.gif

has he been around yet?

Yes she has come by about everyday we are good friends even used the same builder . Its just one of those things that happen . Im sure they will get sick of my wife calling them and me stopping by there shop everyday and eventually fix it . I still have the upper hand , they know we are going to buy security bars soon .....

I bet your neighbour is keeping a low profile....sorry.gif

has he been around yet?

Yes she has come by about everyday we are good friends even used the same builder . Its just one of those things that happen . Im sure they will get sick of my wife calling them and me stopping by there shop everyday and eventually fix it . I still have the upper hand , they know we are going to buy security bars soon .....

Dont pay for anything until the job is finished ,including paying a deposit ,then you will never lose out . Check everything that as been done before you pay.

This is why DIY is popular among expats here. It is less frustrating to screw it up yourself, than to watch someone else screw it up and expect to be paid for it.

And with DIY there is a good chance you will get it right. Quite a few of the things I did for the first time in my house, look much better than the average work of Thai professionals who do that type of work every day.

This is why DIY is popular among expats here. It is less frustrating to screw it up yourself, than to watch someone else screw it up and expect to be paid for it.

And with DIY there is a good chance you will get it right. Quite a few of the things I did for the first time in my house, look much better than the average work of Thai professionals who do that type of work every day.

My sentiments also.

.....and those deposits....usually the excuse is to buy the materials as for some reason they never have any money?; so rather than deposit, go with them to the builders supply every time, you choose the materials, you pay at the desk; then all you need worry about is to pay for the labour and truck fuel.

keeps the cost down substantially;.and reassurance that they are not buying for soemone else at same time-.thats if you have the time and inclination to hold their hands and safeguard your expenses.

Fwiw it seems to me that this work was unsupervised. Paying before everything was done to your satisfaction wasn't your biggest mistake. Letting them work unsupervised was - and that's by no means a uniquely "Thai" problem.

Don't feel too bad about it BB; we all learned the hard way at the start but you get the hang of it once bitten. As others have said, do as much as you can yourself, but if you have to use local Dorks then watch them carefully and don't pay until you are completely satisfied.

Well the door was fixed today not the best fix but is better . Im in no way saying Thai people do bad work . My builder did a 1 st class job on my house I have nothing but good things to say about him . Start to finish 3.5 months and only two days the house was not being worked on the entire time .