I am still reeling from the news my wife just gave me that the embassy called her to pick up her passport next week. She got it! I can't believe it. Am I dreaming? :o:D:D

Thanks to everyone here, in particular Chris, Mr Burns, Bronco, Mighty Mouse and everyone else...

This is the best Thai visa forum... :D

Yeehaa !!!!

*pop* *pop* *pop* (champagne corks popping.)

*Kaboom* *Kaboom* (fireworks in the sky)

Well done to both of you. :D:D

Thanks! :D

It came at a perfect time, as her exams finish next week then she's off to pick up her passport and docs and book her ticket over.

Man, that was one painfully long wait tho. 4 months and 5 days. Maybe short compared with some apps but seemed like a lifetime to us! :D

:o

Hold on to the party hats for a bit.....

Did they say she got it or did they say just to pick the passport up ???

Dont want to be a wet blanket but until she sees the visa in the passport, then hold off on the celebrations unless they have confirmed it over the phone.

Dont want to be a wet blanket but until she sees the visa in the passport, then hold off on the celebrations unless they have confirmed it over the phone.

Our case officer told her the visa was approved, and asked her when she can come pick up the stuff.

She even made sure the CO said "approved" :o

Our case officer told her the visa was approved, and asked her when she can come pick up the stuff.

She even made sure the CO said "approved" :D

great....congrats then :D

just wanted to make sure...it would be gut wrenching to celebrate now and then find different when she picks the passport up....

Go ahead and party....

:o:D

Well done mate, always good to hear of happy endings :D

Thanks! :D

btw, love that image of Chunk! The Goonies is one of my all-time favourite movies!

cheers

You will have to make a video of you doing the truffle shuffle and put it on here for all of us to have a laugh at. :o payment for advice given :D

You will have to make a video of you doing the truffle shuffle and put it on here for all of us to have a laugh at. :D payment for advice given :D

Mate, I have many years of IT to go before being able to do that!! :D

Chris: yeah completely left field! Especially since I had received an email from Rob just a few hours earlier saying that he had received my extra docs (sent more payslips and bank statements) and he'd put them in the file for consideration when it was time to look at it. Sneaky sod, he must've known he was about to make a decision! They work in mysterious ways! :D

Thanks to everyone here. Invaluable resource. Not sure I would have gotten through unscathed without everyone's support here! :o

Edited by chareehusbee

half your luck mate...shit we're only 2 months in to our application, its god ###### near killing us being apart. Not to mention the drain on the bank account flying back and forth to Bkk.

I only hope our application doesn't take more than 4 months either....fingers crossed!

half your luck mate...shit we're only 2 months in to our application, its god ###### near killing us being apart. Not to mention the drain on the bank account flying back and forth to Bkk.

I only hope our application doesn't take more than 4 months either....fingers crossed!

4 months 5 days. :D

I think it's the hardest thing to deal with. But a couple of things my wife would always say is it makes you and the relationship stronger and makes you appreciate what you have and will have when you get it. I'm not gonna deny it's hard tho, it's really <deleted> hard! By the time my wife comes here it would be 3 months since we were last together. That's a bloody long time to be apart imho! :o

If you haven't heard anything after 3 months, write the bigwigs in your embassy and immigration dept a nice polite letter requesting info. Everything started happening for us after that.

Good luck! I'm sure it'll work out!

cheers

ch

I think it's the hardest thing to deal with. But a couple of things my wife would always say is it makes you and the relationship stronger and makes you appreciate what you have and will have when you get it. I'm not gonna deny it's hard tho, it's really <deleted> hard!

That's what wives are for....to deal with hard things. I just hope that you can comfortably walk with your "<deleted> hard" thing.

:o:D

I think it's the hardest thing to deal with. But a couple of things my wife would always say is it makes you and the relationship stronger and makes you appreciate what you have and will have when you get it. I'm not gonna deny it's hard tho, it's really <deleted> hard!

That's what wives are for....to deal with hard things. I just hope that you can comfortably walk with your "<deleted> hard" thing.

:D:D

If it's not now, it soon will be! :D

Watch out! :o

Well, my wifee just picked up her passport and all the stuff from the embassy! Yippee! :D

And she's on her way to the travel agent to buy her ticket home to papa...

:D

Our case officer said there's a form/statement thing I have to send back to the embassy after my wife arrives in Oz. What's that all about? The only thing I can think of is it's a statement saying she's with me and hasn't done a runner after entering the country or something like that. Thoughts?

Again, thanks for everyone's help, really appreciate it! :D

Think I woulda gone loopy(er) without your support. :D

cheers

ch

:o