Parking A Car For One Day In Phuket Airport

ad61

Given that you will there early morning then you should easily find a parking spot way at the back far side of the car park. Don't try to find a spot nearer the terminal as you will be blocked in by the evening. Couple of weeks ago I parked in the 3rd row, when I arrived back a couple of mini buses had blocked me in. Took me ages to find the drivers.

Given that you will there early morning then you should easily find a parking spot way at the back far side of the car park. Don't try to find a spot nearer the terminal as you will be blocked in by the evening. Couple of weeks ago I parked in the 3rd row, when I arrived back a couple of mini buses had blocked me in. Took me ages to find the drivers.

And they didn't leave the handbrake off? ohmy.png

And they didn't leave the handbrake off? ohmy.png

Nowhere to shove the entire line of minibuses. There was no gap between them. And I personally would not dream of tampering/moving anyone else's vehicle, especially a taxi/bus driver's vehicle.

Double parking is standard throughout Thailand. Most car parks including the airport have signs explaining in English to leave the handbrake off and have the parking space outlined to do so.

That said wouldn't want to move a taxi of any description out of the way, thats just a confrontation waiting to happen.

Double parking is standard throughout Thailand. Most car parks including the airport have signs explaining in English to leave the handbrake off and have the parking space outlined to do so.

And sometimes these signs are very clear like this one at Phuket International Airport.
post-693-0-84246600-1332655704_thumb.jpg

I was there yesterday at 5am & left at 6.30am after seeing my daughter off. Plenty of parks & easy to get out but there were many vehicles double parked & must have been there all night.

Here is an idea for the airport authorities. How about reserving the car park for the public only. Do not allow pilots, hostesses, airport staff to park there, provide a shuttle bus for employees who can park in a secure park outside. Remove all the the limos, mini buses, rental cars, large tour buses & have them park in a secure park outside with a coordinator who can call them in as needed to pick up passengers right outside the terminal (seems to work well in other places). In other words how about providing good service for the public which is what I thought was the main function of an airport. Too logical & probably not enough money to fill the trough.

I was there yesterday at 5am & left at 6.30am after seeing my daughter off. Plenty of parks & easy to get out but there were many vehicles double parked & must have been there all night.

Here is an idea for the airport authorities. How about reserving the car park for the public only. Do not allow pilots, hostesses, airport staff to park there, provide a shuttle bus for employees who can park in a secure park outside. Remove all the the limos, mini buses, rental cars, large tour buses & have them park in a secure park outside with a coordinator who can call them in as needed to pick up passengers right outside the terminal (seems to work well in other places). In other words how about providing good service for the public which is what I thought was the main function of an airport. Too logical & probably not enough money to fill the trough.

Don't be silly, that makes far too much sense!!!

....remember, common sense doesn't prevail with these clowns coffee1.gif