I am registered married in Singapore. We had a marriage house under her name. What are my rights over the property and how can I continue to stay in thailand without having going back to my birthplace Singapore? We had a son aged 7 born in Thailand.

Do you have an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand, or a visa from Singapore.

If an extension then you must leave upon getting a divorce, the only ways to stay here are to get joint custody of your son and stay to be with him, or tourist visas.

The house belonged to your wife. As for your son you said "had" as if he is not with you or has died? If you are here on a Thai wife extension of stay it will end the day you divorce. You might be able to get immediate 60 days to visit son if that is your intent and son agrees.

I have one year Thai wife extension for 7 consecutive years. Since I'm married in singapore, can she file a divorce here or does she got to get it done in singapore? my son still stays with us as we are on the verge but not divorced yet. Can i get Thai citizenship based on the fact that my son is a thai?

I'm so sorry for the OP, his situation and most importantly, for his son. Does the son have a Singapore passport? He is considered a Singapore citizen? If not, perhaps the OP should be addressing those issues now.

I'm not conversant on the visa situations for someone who is here to take care of their children, but others are and they will be along soon. But, I have been involved in situations with elderly foreigners who really should return to their home country for medical care but won't until they know their minor children can go with them.

I encourage the OP to contact his Embassy in Bangkok for assistance, also.

Edited by NancyL

Wife can file for divorce in Thailand, if the marriage has also been recorded in Thailand.

A house can be joined property, land not and is soly hers. But all assets acquired during the marriage are to be divided, a judge can inlcude the value of the property in the ammount to be divided.

Singapore has an exception regarding dual citizenship for persons born with dual nationality till age 22, at that time one must chose or lose Singaporean nationality. Till than your son has both nationalities.

If your son lives with you, you can get a permisison to stay based on your son under the same conditions as based on your wife.