Dangerous Tourist Drivers

britgent

After venturing out for a bite to eat I was returning home on the moat road by Riders Corner at about 40kmh only to have a young gent clearly see me then pull out right in front of me nearly causing a collision.

When I say nearly I mean I was full on the anchors and only just slowed down in time.

Thinking "we were all young once" I let this pass only for said young gent to then haphazardly swerve clearly into my path again and I swerving to avoid him.

It was at this point one lost their cool and beeped but really this young curly haired hippy is going to either die or kill someone riding like this.

It wasn't intentional he just looked stupid to be honest. Probably American.

Isn't traveling at 40kph on small city streets exceeding the speed limit?

But yet you call HIM the foolish one?

The hippie was driving faster ,no? Storm in a tea cup. I wudda cut the hippie back up & give him the middle finger.

The hippie was driving faster ,no? Storm in a tea cup. I wudda cut the hippie back up & give him the middle finger.

You're absolutely correct. I completely forgot that two wrongs make a right.

The fundamental point of the OP is valid, many tourists behave the same on bicycles as they do as pedestrians when crossing the street, with much niavety and possibly stupidity. BTW it was a decent post until the last few words where he set in excess of 250 million people up as enemies, very foolish and totally unecessary.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 2

You're absolutely correct. I completely forgot that two wrongs make a right.

A lesser man would see it the same ,well done you.

Must admit the last bit was to add some joviality to the topic and to goad some good local friends.

No offense meant but thank you for taking part.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

There you go. It wasn't jovial and goading 'local friends' who may not even read Thaivisa is rather petty.

• Like 2