webfact

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
'I want to work for the people'

Budsarakham Sinlapalavan,
Somroutai Sapsomboon
The Nation

30201914-01_big.jpg

Deputy govt spokesperson talks about what she hopes to achieve

BANGKOK: -- Sunisa Lertpakawat, the Army lieutenant who rocketed into the spotlight after she wrote the book "Thaksin Where Are You?", received a big boost to her budding political career by being appointed deputy government spokeswoman this week.

Popularly known as "Muad Jeab" or "Lieutenant Jeab", Sunisa courted controversy in 2007 when she flew to London to seek an interview with self-exiled former PM Thaksin Shinawatra. Their seven-hour talk resulted in "Thaksin Where Are You?" and made her a celebrity. She then penned a sequel, "Thaksin Are You OK?"

Joining Pheu Thai Party, she campaigned unsuccessfully for an MP seat in the 2011 general election and then served as the party's deputy spokeswoman up until her appointment to the government post.

Here, Sunisa talks about her new responsibilities and her political aspirations.

Why were you promoted to deputy government spokeswoman?

I think I got promoted because senior figures in the party recognised my performance for the Pheu Thai candidate's Bangkok gubernatorial campaign and decided to give me this opportunity.

What will be your job?

I'll be responsible for describing the government's projects to the people. In the near future, the government will begin many new infrastructure projects, and they want someone new on the spokesperson team to handle them and allay any concerns the public might have.

What will be the challenges of your new position?

I have no fears about my new duties. It's a good opportunity for me to work for the government, which means I work for the people. And it's my good luck that I used to work as a reporter. I understand how they work. I can get to the main points and make things easy to understand.

What is your highest goal in politics?

Becoming an MP is still my goal because I want to work for people.

I am a taxi driver's daughter but I can become a politician even though my family is not rich. I received 43,420 votes from Bang Khae people in the 2011 general election, and even though I failed to win, people still support me. Today, anyone can call to complain about their troubles. After I got appointed deputy government spokeswoman, several people called to congratulate me. My life's changed since the 2011 polls because the party gave me the chance to be its deputy party spokeswoman.

How often are you in contact with Thaksin?

It's been long time since I spoke with him. The last time I saw him was when he spoke via video during a party meeting. I hope he saw me in the room. Even though I have not talked with Thaksin in a long time, he's always on my mind because he inspired me to get active in politics.

Among spokespersons, who is your idol?

I admire Pongthep Thepkanjana and Chaturon Chaisaeng for the way they can highlight main points and summarise the details. Noppadon Pattama has been a mentor as well. He's taught me everything I need to know to work as a spokeswoman. And I owe a great deal to Pheu Thai Party secretary-general Phumtham Wechayachai, who invited me to join the spokesperson team.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-14

"It's a good opportunity for me to work for the government, which means I work for the people."

A view that is diametrically opposed to that of many others. Some might even think that we have a Ribbentrop type embryo here. I would suggest to this young lady that if she wants to spin things for a living them she finds employment as a disc jockey.

Amazing lady, seems from her comments we now see that she now knows all there is to know about being a spokeswoman for the current maladministration. Like how to make sure her strings don't get twisted when she is instructed to comment on governmental statements, make sure her lips move in synchronism with her multitude of puppet masters, make sure she is discreet about her income level and associated perks. Yet again we see what a three ring circus this current maladministration is with its assorted stooge acts and clowns along with people jumping through hoops when the puppet master ringmaster cracks his financial whip.

Edited by siampolee

Life seems to be quite cushy for her now.

Not being catty, just observing,

but her face appears to have quite expanded, likely from large business dinners,

since her 'in shape army days'. Another 10 years and she will be Yawawapa II.

Nothing like writing a glowing hagiography of the liege lord to make your prospects inflate like yeasty dough.

Edited by animatic

Yes Sunisa but which people?

1/ Is that the people of Thailand ?

2/ Or the people in PT?

3/ Or the people around Thaksin?

Which would be the best to help in your ambition to be an MP?

To get on the list it for sure would not be No 1/

• Like 2

Noppadon Pattama has been a mentor as well. He's taught me everything I need to know to work as a spokeswoman

That would be Thaksin's lawyer, a man who couldn't lie straight if you drove a steamroller over him, therefore we can expect this new spokeswoman to be an uninterrupted stream of BS.

• Like 2

What will be your job?

I'll be responsible for describing the government's projects to the people. In the near future, the government will begin many new infrastructure projects, and they want someone new on the spokesperson team to handle them and allay any concerns the public might have.

Any concerns related to the spending of the 73 BILLION USD (2,200,000,000,000 THB) infrastructure budget, go to Sunisa. sick.gif

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

What will be your job?

Any concerns related to the spending of the 73 BILLION USD (2,200,000,000,000 THB) infrastructure budget, go to Sunisa. sick.gif

Judging from her past actions and activities I would say she is a definite shoo in for the 40 watt club.

40-wat club

noun

• a club whose members are not very "bright", meaning intelligent. Origin: 40-watt light bulbs aren't very bright.

Popularly known as "Muad Jeab"

Life seems to be quite cushy for her now.

Not being catty, just observing,

but her face appears to have quite expanded, likely from large business dinners,

since her 'in shape army days'. Another 10 years and she will be Yawawapa II.

Nothing like writing a glowing hagiography of the liege lord to make your prospects inflate like yeasty dough.

Clearly, an impostor!

.....Before..... .....After.....

post-35489-0-45053400-1363257296_thumb.j

• Like 1

Their seven-hour talk resulted in "Thaksin Where Are You?" and made her a celebrity. She then penned a sequel, "Thaksin Are You OK?"

<deleted> me she put a lot of thought into those titles. Step aside "Catcher In The Rye"

What's next?

"Thaksin did you just fart?"

"Thaksin where do you keep the spare bog roll?"

"Thaksin I think your cat's thrown up on the carpet"

"Thaksin what do you reckon should I buy a Mazda 2 or Honda Jazz?"

biggrin.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Did she say "I want to work for the people and to get into things I will take it step by step starting with taking care of k. Thaksin first" ?

It appears that task has been completed.

I still haven't heard about what happened after she went awol. Was she dis-charged from the Army? In most countries, you go awol from the army, they either put you in jail or throw you out. JetsetBKK, is that really a before and after picture? or just a joke?

Just refreshing my memory on the 'Sunisa Lertpakawat' case I stumbled over a few interesting titbits, but still can't find definite proof she was dismissed from the army. Mind you we have this unresolved issue

"Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesperson Sunisa Lertpakawat said yesterday she would file a defamation suit on Friday against Democrat Party Songkhla MP Sirichok Sopha for saying Sunisa lost her job at Channel 5 because she didn't show up for work."
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Pheu-Thai-official-vows-to-sue-30176205.html

Two other titbits:

"I can guarantee I have no hidden agenda. I was interested in interviewing Thaksin as a journalist."
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/02/politics/politics_30043477.php

"Two interviews, altogether seven hours long, were given. One was on May 30 when the Constitution Tribunal ordered the Thai Rak Thai party disbanded and another was on June 12 when the Assets Scrutiny Committee froze his assets."
http://www.international.ucla.edu/article.asp?parentid=75007

Just refreshing my memory on the 'Sunisa Lertpakawat' case I stumbled over a few interesting titbits, but still can't find definite proof she was dismissed from the army. Mind you we have this unresolved issue

"Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesperson Sunisa Lertpakawat said yesterday she would file a defamation suit on Friday against Democrat Party Songkhla MP Sirichok Sopha for saying Sunisa lost her job at Channel 5 because she didn't show up for work."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Pheu-Thai-official-vows-to-sue-30176205.html

Two other titbits:

"I can guarantee I have no hidden agenda. I was interested in interviewing Thaksin as a journalist."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/02/politics/politics_30043477.php

"Two interviews, altogether seven hours long, were given. One was on May 30 when the Constitution Tribunal ordered the Thai Rak Thai party disbanded and another was on June 12 when the Assets Scrutiny Committee froze his assets."

http://www.international.ucla.edu/article.asp?parentid=75007

Hmm.. very interesting... and now PTP has hired her to be their spokesperson.. blink.png Just because she wrote a book?

^ #19 Khaowong1

Pheu Thai had hired ms. Sunisa before, but now she's appointed Deputy spokesperson for the Pheu Thai led government. Strictly speaking that means she's now speaking for the government which takes care of all Thai people rather than the political party Pheu Thai which would like just to be in a position to take care of all Thai people but has an obligation to it's party members first.

• Like 1

Saturday September 29, 2007

‘Ambassadors’ of Thaksin

It’s been a year since the former Thai prime minister was ousted in a bloodless coup and despite stringent efforts by the military junta to black out news of the former strongman, the media-savvy Thaksin Shinawatra has found novel ways to remain in the Thai public eye.

On that day in Bangkok, the 20-year-old Lydia declared she was not ousted Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s gig (a Thai slang for part-time lover)............For The Nation senior political writer Weerayut Chokchaimadon, Lydia’s press conference allowed Thaksin to slip through the Thai media barricade that the junta installed to prevent the self-exiled politician from telling his side of the story to his compatriots................Like Lydia’s book (Lydia ? Here I am!), Thaksin is the hero in Sunisa’s book that offers a glimpse of the daily life of the self-exiled politician in London. “The book humanises Thaksin as it shows that even a strongman can be an ordinary person,” said Weerayut.

“It created a lot of sympathy for Thaksin. And the public’s reaction was you’ve (the junta) kicked Thaksin out but don’t kill him (figuratively) as that’s not the Thai way,” he added. http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?file=/2007/9/29/columnists/thaitakes/19014769

In his darkest hour Thaksin's two ambassadors were there for him, when the Junta blocked his access to the Thai media these Thaksin angels managed to break through that barrier to keep his name in the paper. Of course he was still a married man at the time but these girl performed services for him that his wife couldnt.

Edited by waza

"Of course he was still a married man at the time but these girl performed services for him that his wife couldnt."

If I write down what came to mind, I'm sure I'd be sent to Coventry to contemplate the inadvisability of writing some things down here :-)

"Of course he was still a married man at the time but these girl performed services for him that his wife couldnt."

If I write down what came to mind, I'm sure I'd be sent to Coventry to contemplate the inadvisability of writing some things down here :-)

laugh.png I'm pretty sure most of us here have a pretty good idea of what services that meant..

laugh.png I'm pretty sure most of us here have a pretty good idea of what services that meant..

Yes what a naughty boy you are wink.png