Former Syrian Commando Sentenced In 2011 New Zealand Jomtien Murder Case

webfact

Former Syrian Commando sentenced in 2011 New Zealand Jomtien murder case

new-zealand-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Former Commando in the Syrian Army was sentenced on Thursday in relation to the murder of a New-Zealander on 23rd August 2011.

The murder occurred at the Jomtien Complex Condotel close to Jomtien Beach and resulted in the death of Mr. Charles Edmund Jones, who at the time, was the President of the World Croquet Federation and a well-known Sports personality in his home country.

The initial investigation described how Mr. Jones reportedly met the Syrian man in a Lebanese Restaurant in South Pattaya. Mr. Mohamad Shanar Ryad aged 21 claims he was a UN-registered Refugee who fled to Thailand to escape the uprising in Syria. It was later discovered that he was an illegal alien in Thailand and was unable to provide Police with a passport.

On the night of the murder Mr. Ryad claimed he was invited to the room of Mr. Jones and was asked to perform a sexual act with him. Mr. Ryad refused and a scuffle ensued where Mr. Ryad was able to overpower Mr. Jones, thanks to his Commando training. He is accused of stabbing Mr. Jones multiple times and before leaving he also stole money, a laptop and a mobile phone.

At the Pattaya Provincial Court on Thursday Mr. Ryad, who pleaded guilty, was sentenced to a total of 18 years and 10 months in Jail with an additional fine of 100 Baht for possession of a knife in Public.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/78985/syrian-commando-sentenced-2011-zealand-jomtien-murder-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-15

100 baht fin e for carrying a knifecheesy.gif why bother with that charge? 18+ yrs is a Thai rat infested cell is fitting tho.

Mate he will only serve 9 years 5 months and pay 50 baht fine as he pleaded guilty and his sentence was cut in half, that 50 baht fine will sure leave a big hole in his pocket.wink.png

Maybe if he appeals he can get a 2 yr suspended sentence just like the rich Thai kid who murdered the woman at the bus stop, deliberately drove his vehicle into a group or is a farang life worth more? He can just say he snapped when the Kiwi asked him for sex.

Syrian sex commando at its best paraded in action by the Thai Keystone Cops. Only in Thailand courtesy of Syria. It does not get any better for crime photo ops. Let send this one to Saturday Night Live and see what they can do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Syriam Commando ???????????????????????????????? clap2.gif

50 Baht for carrying a knife in public ?????????????????? clap2.gif Well , I mean they are so hard to come by aren't they.???? I'll bet he never carries one in Thailand again....

Rim , where the heck is the pointing ???? or do the eyes of the BIB straining to the camera count ( Did I get in the Pic ? , Did I get in the Pic ? ) clap2.gif

At the end of the day another headline demonstrating the 'crime free' Pattaya & as I said a couple of months ago check out the headlines . The Body Count is mounting.

ph34r.png