Buying Self Protection. (Mace/pepper Spray/tazer Etc.)

Almera

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nana Plaza/Soi 4 opposite is the best place to find these things.I would go for Pepper Spray over Mace as even if you close your eyes,your eyelids start to bubble with Pepper Spray,much more effective!

As for the stun guns,I often wonder if they would actually work if you really needed them and how do you test it out?

• Like 2

Nana Plaza/Soi 4 opposite is the best place to find these things.I would go for Pepper Spray over Mace as even if you close your eyes,your eyelids start to bubble with Pepper Spray,much more effective!

Do you know what they call pepper spray?

Pep-phuurrrr Splaaae, na khrap? Or is there a Thai term, if anyone knows?

• Like 1

Why do you think you need it?

Who said it's for me?

Well in that case why not convince your friend that it's not sensible or needed here!

It's not sensible for a 20 year old Western female spending a few months on holiday here to have some sort of defense? huh.png

Not really, my guess is that she is almost certainly safer here than in her home country, unless her behaviour is truly outragous. But if paranoia needs feeding...!

• Like 1

Well in that case why not convince your friend that it's not sensible or needed here!

Probably because I've lived in Thailand for half a decade, and doing so would be lying to them.

I suppose it could be a potential problem in say Pattaya, but in the more normal parts of the country the young lady would be unlikely to be in any danger, as long as statutory common sense is available.

• Like 1

In pattaya, on the tuesday/friday market, you can buy collapsible batons for around 600,

flip with a button pocket knives for around 400, perhaps less even,

a pepper spray would be less than 300 i expect.

In all cases you will have to make your own quick-draw

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

Probably because I've lived in Thailand for half a decade, and doing so would be lying to them.

I suppose it could be a potential problem in say Pattaya, but in the more normal parts of the country the young lady would be unlikely to be in any danger, as long as statutory common sense is available.

Having lived all over Thailand (bar the very South) your post comes across as (dangerously) foolish. Wonder what Kirsty Jones' family would think of your comments. (you're probably not familiar with the Chiang Mai rape/murder case though so perhaps research it.)

If you (or others) want to start a 'Thailand isn't the least bit dangerous for young females, or others, outside of Pattaya' thread go for it.

Leave this one for what it is about.

Good lad.

Edited by Almera

If you really must, try this:

"You can buy pepper spray at the pharmacy counter in
Foodland, Central Pattaya Road. Small green and black can called Cannon
Anti-attack. Accurate to around 3 metres, only effective when used on
the face / eyes / nose; very effective (and non-lethal), the effect will
last for several minutes".

If you really must, try this:

"You can buy pepper spray at the pharmacy counter in Foodland, Central Pattaya Road.

If you really must, read the thread:

"Thanks. I've been to Pattaya twice and will never be there again,"

Having lived all over Thailand (bar the very South) your post comes across as (dangerously) foolish. Wonder what Kirsty Jones' family would think of your comments. (you're probably not familiar with the Chiang Mai rape/murder case though so perhaps research it.)

If you (or others) want to start a 'Thailand isn't the least bit dangerous for young females, or others, outside of Pattaya' thread go for it.

Leave this one for what it is about.

Good lad.

Plus the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Scottish teacher gang rape case,the Ao Nang/Krabi machete assault case,the list goes on!

• Like 1

The best self protection is being "streetsmart"..don't get drunk, don't get into any stupid discussions in bars, don't stare at people, don't interfere with other peoples business, don't walk around the town at night for the last beer...just chill out and be cool and enjoy yourself..

don't get drunk, don't get into any stupid discussions in bars, don't stare at people, don't interfere with other peoples business, don't walk around the town at night for the last beer.

be cool and enjoy yourself..

You haven't lived like a 20 year old on holiday in a long, long time, have you.

Of course all 20 year olds out enjoying themselves and the great wide World shouldn't drink, get drunk, stay up past 8pm.

• Like 2