Recommending "the Best" Thing To Do In Phuket

grumpyoldman

A longtail boat ride out to Coral Island for a day of snorkeling and sitting on the beach.

Is this only possible from November to April due to rough sea conditions?

No. It all depends on the day. There can be rough sea conditions during those months as well. There are nice days with calm seas during the monsoon season too.

I was hoping that was going to be the case.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about Phuket is..........

Leaving

Leave as soon as you possib

y can!

You guys should get together and post some more offtopic.gif crap...

Seems unavoidable that people who don't live in Phuket, or like in my case in the bigger Phuket area, come in here only to spew negativity. Just ignore them.

If what you mean by "the bigger Phuket area" you mean, "Thailand" - sure - otherwise, like I have been asking for several months, and still yet to get an answer, from anybody - name one positive thing that has been implemented to benefit tourists, and the tourism industry, here on Phuket, in recent times????

Maybe it's not "negativity" - it's fact. By all means, post something to prove this statement wrong, rather than criiicize the "spew of negativity."

If what you mean by "the bigger Phuket area" you mean, "Thailand" - sure - otherwise, like I have been asking for several months, and still yet to get an answer, from anybody - name one positive thing that has been implemented to benefit tourists, and the tourism industry, here on Phuket, in recent times????

Maybe it's not "negativity" - it's fact. By all means, post something to prove this statement wrong, rather than criiicize the "spew of negativity."

With "the bigger Phuket area (should probably have said "the greater Phuket area") I meant Phuket+Phangnga. The population of Phuket originally came from Phangnga, and in both provinces the same dialect is spoken. I live in Khao Lak, which depends on Phuket's infrastructure, it is still more or less a suburb of Phuket.

Point taken, NKM. Difficult to name any positive thing which has been successfully implemented to benefit tourists. But posts written by outsiders which basically just say Phuket is a s'hole don't constitute any constructive contribution to the conversation.

• Like 1

A longtail boat ride out to Coral Island for a day of snorkeling and sitting on the beach.

Shame the coral is dead at Coral Island. I always recommend to friends and family that they go to Koh Racha (Raya) for that.

We had an extensive coral bleaching about three years ago now, when the water temperature reached 34º. It affected most coral in the entire region. It is growing back though.

• Like 1

"like I have been asking for several months, and still yet to get an answer, from anybody - name one positive thing that has been implemented to benefit tourists, and the tourism industry, here on Phuket, in recent times????"-------NKM

Better lifeguarding at the beaches NKG and if you are going to guffaw that please see the photo I posted in the news section in the lifeguarding thread.

@the guy looking for the crocodile farm, off to Pattaya for you, as I don't believe there are any in HKT.

Better lifeguarding at the beaches.

Better lifeguarding....Pfffttttt!!!!

Last week two of the lifeguards I know where arrested and jailed on drug offenses. Many of them peddle weed and ya ice on the side to farang customers.

What Phuket do live in...definitely not the same one as me...

Better lifeguarding at the beaches.

Better lifeguarding....Pfffttttt!!!!

Last week two of the lifeguards I know where arrested and jailed on drug offenses. Many of them peddle weed and ya ice on the side to farang customers.

What Phuket do live in...definitely not the same one as me...

As I mentioned, look at the photo I posted in the news thread. The lifeguarding has been upgraded for sure.

Not sure what Phuket you live in either. I guess Patong? Are you on the "Patong is Phuket" bandwagon?

"like I have been asking for several months, and still yet to get an answer, from anybody - name one positive thing that has been implemented to benefit tourists, and the tourism industry, here on Phuket, in recent times????"-------NKM

Better lifeguarding at the beaches NKG and if you are going to guffaw that please see the photo I posted in the news section in the lifeguarding thread.

@the guy looking for the crocodile farm, off to Pattaya for you, as I don't believe there are any in HKT.

Thanks, I think so yes Sriracha is my best bet, Having said that I will also be going to Samui before heading back to Bangkok so may try there too.

With "the bigger Phuket area (should probably have said "the greater Phuket area") I meant Phuket+Phangnga. The population of Phuket originally came from Phangnga, and in both provinces the same dialect is spoken. I live in Khao Lak, which depends on Phuket's infrastructure, it is still more or less a suburb of Phuket.

Point taken, NKM. Difficult to name any positive thing which has been successfully implemented to benefit tourists. But posts written by outsiders which basically just say Phuket is a s'hole don't constitute any constructive contribution to the conversation.

I have never posted, "Phuket is a sh*thole" or similar, and I never will. You are right, a comment like that is ridiculous.

I am, however, highly critical of the administration here. Like I have said, Phuket is being run BY criminals, FOR criminals.

How this will all end up for the tourism industry here, only time will tell.

If you look at my first post on this thread, you will see I have named many positive things to do on Phuket.

Edited by NamKangMan

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a tiger kingdom or something similar in Phuket?

Yes next to the go-kart track before you turn for Central - if you are coming from the Patong side

Thank you. I thought I saw that on the way to the airport from Patong last time but wasn't sure.

• Like 1

The best thing about Phuket is..........

Leaving

>Leave as soon as you possib

y can!

You guys should get together and post some more offtopic.gif crap...

Cannot be off topic if it is relevant....which it is.

How is it relevant to the OP?

• 1 month later...

You could try a game of Football Golf at Phuket Games Zone. It's in Chalong on the same street as Phuket Zoo. Quite a novel idea; played like golf but with a football. It took me around 1.5 hours to finish the course. Definitely something different, quite good fun I thought.

They had frisbee golf as well but I didn't play that.

Nothing beats grabbing a tuk tuk and loading up on beers and sang som and head to Nai Harn beach. Get the driver to crank up the music and you have a mobile party! Not bad value if there is 5 or 6 of you sharing the cost.

I always tell my buddies to do this when they are staying at one of the more crowded beaches like Patong or Kata.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing beats grabbing a tuk tuk and loading up on beers and sang som and head to Nai Harn beach. Get the driver to crank up the music and you have a mobile party! Not bad value if there is 5 or 6 of you sharing the cost.

I always tell my buddies to do this when they are staying at one of the more crowded beaches like Patong or Kata.

Really......what a load of <deleted>, why would anyone in their right mind hire a tuk-tuk (1st newbie mistake), then have the driver crank his scheit Issaan music?

O.K., beers and Sangsoms aside, ole Irishivan, now that you've been here, what, a couple months, you pile 5 or 6 buddies in a funk-tuk and go to Nai Harn as a recommendation, yea? Front step 7 crowded?

Really......what a load of <deleted>, why would anyone in their right mind hire a tuk-tuk (1st newbie mistake), then have the driver crank his scheit Issaan music?

O.K., beers and Sangsoms aside, ole Irishivan, now that you've been here, what, a couple months, you pile 5 or 6 buddies in a funk-tuk and go to Nai Harn as a recommendation, yea? Front step 7 crowded?

I agree! But then again consider the source that posted that suggestion... I think it's time to get together for another drink pretty soon GOM! Stoned Crab?

You lost me after "Nothing beats grabbing a tuk-tuk." :) :)