Anyone Know Jonathan Buckley 56, Had Been Living In Thailand, Jailed In Uk.

jlaw666

My question is what drives the market for this drug. Some possibly can be blamed on factory workers that use it to offset the repetitive boredom that is their lives. Keeping up with the line is not an enjoyable task. Mix that with some individuals addictive personalities. Combine that with the teenage right of passage, as well as peer pressure, that often includes experimentation with various drugs. Face it, speed is not going away it makes people feel more alert and generally gives them a more positive out look on life. It becomes problematic when abused. How much are factory owners doing to either test for or eliminate the need to use amphetamines?

I feel sorry for people that use harsh drugs. I also feel sorry for people who smoke tobacco or drink alcohol to excess. But, as far as I am concerned, it should be up to the individual to decide his or her own fate. I think all drugs, including the worst ones like meth, should be legalized and given away free. Take the profit out ot it and spend the money helping people not to take drugs in the first place. Billions are wasted by governments chasing their tail trying to prevent stupidity. The stupid should be allowed to die using the method they choose best for themselves. Nobody could convince me or my friends to take drugs. Why should I worry about others.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for people that use harsh drugs. I also feel sorry for people who smoke tobacco or drink alcohol to excess. But, as far as I am concerned, it should be up to the individual to decide his or her own fate. I think all drugs, including the worst ones like meth, should be legalized and given away free. Take the profit out ot it and spend the money helping people not to take drugs in the first place. Billions are wasted by governments chasing their tail trying to prevent stupidity. The stupid should be allowed to die using the method they choose best for themselves. Nobody could convince me or my friends to take drugs. Why should I worry about others.

Given away free and take the profit. You lost me there. sad.png

rene123 meant take the profit from criminal gangs - it's a honourable idea but if you search for info on places that have tried legalisation (there was a Canadian town I think) the collateral consequences like student test scores, employment and such was so devastating that they stopped the trial. Even Amsterdam is now only selling hash to residents and it's become somewhat of a gateway for much harder drugs. The UK has an admirable approach of helping users as victims (I think it was trialled in some areas) - that was successful in reducing theft and social problems. The only real solution would be a complete global approach to legalisation; but frankly when you look at the Euro mess I doubt humans will ever reach this level of organisation (or enlightenment or totalitarianism depending on your perspective!).

I feel sorry for people that use harsh drugs. I also feel sorry for people who smoke tobacco or drink alcohol to excess. But, as far as I am concerned, it should be up to the individual to decide his or her own fate. I think all drugs, including the worst ones like meth, should be legalized and given away free. Take the profit out out it and spend the money helping people not to take drugs in the first place. Billions are wasted by governments chasing their tail trying to prevent stupidity. The stupid should be allowed to die using the method they choose best for themselves. Nobody could convince me or my friends to take drugs. Why should I worry about others.

The idea that Government should be provisioning addictive drugs for free for non medical usage is ridiculous. However I am sure that millions of people would agree with you regards alcohol and tobacco based products.

Decriminalsing, very different to legalising, currently proscribed illegal drugs for personal use could be a positive step, but currently highly unlikely due to voter conservatism.

Edited by simple1

What happaens when you become a smack head as a child? I agree with the rest but to call child drug abusers stupid is wrong. At 14 I classed myself as a child.

That's not 'industrial scale'

operation-wreckage-637339659.jpg

That would be more like it.

SCI%20-%20HL%20-%20Dow.jpg

Shame the article doesn't say were the guy lived in Thailand. I have the feeling I knew him back in 2005 in Pattaya, a guy about 50 then who got arrested when he visited home country for idendity theft, and never returned to Thailand as he planned.

• Like 1

What happaens when you become a smack head as a child? I agree with the rest but to call child drug abusers stupid is wrong. At 14 I classed myself as a child.

What happens is the child dies, the same as they do when the drugs are sold by criminals. There is going to be collateral damage no matter what anyone tries. However, properly brought up children do NOT sample harsh drugs, just as they don't drink arsenic, strychnine or cyanide. The world already has too many people. Losing a few more stupid ones is not going to hurt the world. Some people just deserve to die. Let them make it their own choice. The USA tried prohibiting alcohol in the 1930s and the only people who gained were the criminals.

rene123 meant take the profit from criminal gangs - it's a honourable idea but if you search for info on places that have tried legalisation (there was a Canadian town I think) the collateral consequences like student test scores, employment and such was so devastating that they stopped the trial. Even Amsterdam is now only selling hash to residents and it's become somewhat of a gateway for much harder drugs. The UK has an admirable approach of helping users as victims (I think it was trialled in some areas) - that was successful in reducing theft and social problems. The only real solution would be a complete global approach to legalisation; but frankly when you look at the Euro mess I doubt humans will ever reach this level of organisation (or enlightenment or totalitarianism depending on your perspective!).

For sure in Amsterdam they're trying to shut down the coffee shops but this is due to pressure from the rest of the EEC more than anything.I know plenty of Amsterdammers and very few of them smoke weed,cigarettes or even drink that much,people only want to do what they're told not to do by controlling,nanny-state governments!

We are kidding ourselves about the extent of the problem, but alcohol hasn't done our respective societies any favors either. Every Monday, they detail the carnage in Sydney and Melbourne emergency wards - transfer that to a population like Bangkok or Jakarta and it would look like the Zombie Apocalypse .....