How Do You Post Attachements/email Notification Not Working

Mobi

Can someone tell me how to post attachments. I previously tried to attach a map from my C drive, but it didn't happen.

I also notice that members post thumb nails, (lots of thumbnails in the 'download speed' threads) and web pages, or extracts therefrom. How's it done?

I've done a search, but all it comes up with is 'romatic attachments' and the like! :D

Second prob. In my control box I have flagged the 'Press Clippings' forum to receive delayed email notification. I used to get them Ok but they suddenly stopped a few days ago. Don't know why, I haven't done anything. I still get the instant emails on the Pattaya Forum. Strange :D

Thanks in advance for any advice :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Can someone tell me how to post attachments. I previously tried to attach a map from my C drive, but it didn't happen.

I also notice that members post thumb nails, (lots of thumbnails in the 'download speed' threads) and web pages, or extracts therefrom. How's it done?

Just use the "Browse" button and select the image from your hard disk (needs to be in a format that TV excepts such as .jpg, .gif). After it transfers hit "Add This Attachment". Depending on the image size it will automatically show up as a thumbnail, nothing you have to do.

If you want the full size image to show up then you need to use the "Insert Image" button at the top and point to an external server with the image on it.

Edited by tywais

You could also use a hosting service like image shack. All you do is open their page, click on browse choose your picture, click on host it, it then gives you several options, i always use the hotlink for forums link. Copy that and paste it into your post, that way there are no thumbs to click on. Here is an example of both, the first one is using the add attachment function and the second is image shack

post-19495-1141982864_thumb.jpg

gtr1ef.jpg

My personal preferance is the second option :o

Is this how it works?

Obviously Not.

Sorry guys, must be going senile.

I get the bandwidth web page up. Then what? I can't copy it, only save it. How do I get this web page onto my posting?

It must be breathtakingly simple, but beyond my feeble mind. Can someone try again at explaining - one step at a time. Thanks. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark