If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

But we farang should have carte blanche to settle where we like and be welcomed, we improve the conditions anywhere we go with our superior knowledge so freely dispensed to all and sundry, all this is our god-given right as superior beings!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But we farang should have carte blanche to settle where we like and be welcomed, we improve the conditions anywhere we go with our superior knowledge so freely dispensed to all and sundry, all this is our god-given right as superior beings!

We are the people.

For me personally,its entrapment,try getting the girlfriend (not bar type) or wife into the EEC now.

-

Please explain in detail, no idea what you might be trying to express here.

-

-

>I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50, taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets pulled.

-

If her long-term farang hubby hasn't provided for her long-term care when he pulls the plug, then yes, feel sorry for both of them.

Most of my friends in this unfortunate situation have done so, some more voluntarily than others.

Sat down more than a few times with visa"experts",getting visa for EEC is on a par with the UK ,if not harder. Anyway plan A takes off soon,buying the adobe in Canaries,which as suggested as more than necessary move to getting consideration for Thai companion/wife accompaniment (yes, I do like being looked after)

At the end of the day another day spent in Thailand is another day wasted,just want an end to the nightmare,was washed up on these shores,no choice,just want out now

Good luck I hope it all works out for both of you but don't forget you can live in a bubble anywhere.

You mean as fascist, unreasonable and draconian as Thailand's visa regime is made out to be here

I think they're fine.

Stick a few photocopies in the post or send a motosai taxi rider to immigration for 200 baht every 3 months.

What's wrong with that? :huh:

For me personally,its entrapment,try getting the girlfriend (not bar type) or wife into the EEC now.

-

-

-

>I feel sorry for a Thai woman closing on 50, taken care of Farang all these years and the rug gets pulled.

-

If her long-term farang hubby hasn't provided for her long-term care when he pulls the plug, then yes, feel sorry for both of them.

Most of my friends in this unfortunate situation have done so, some more voluntarily than others.

Sat down more than a few times with visa"experts",getting visa for EEC is on a par with the UK ,if not harder. Anyway plan A takes off soon,buying the adobe in Canaries,which as suggested as more than necessary move to getting consideration for Thai companion/wife accompaniment (yes, I do like being looked after)

At the end of the day another day spent in Thailand is another day wasted,just want an end to the nightmare,was washed up on these shores,no choice,just want out now

Good luck I hope it all works out for both of you but don't forget you can live in a bubble anywhere.

In a way people make their own luck,Ive been lucky through the majority of life,but now I'm fed up,need a sea change. Was hoping that something here in Thailand would have forced my hand a year or two ago,something like visa change for the long term residents and personally I think that is likely to happen in the not too distant future,more so now the western currencies are getting onto be worthless against the Baht,nothing more embarrassing than watching farang searching out the bargain bin in Big C,gees it looks bad

What's wrong with me ?

You've only been here two minutes.

Another one with a Truck n Moped. Tell us again after 25 Years of Hell.cheesy.gif

Actually I arrived 30 years ago. I still have the tape "Made in Thailand" wink.png

Edited by joematou

Quite obviously a trend started by the British!

You mean as fascist, unreasonable and draconian as Thailand's visa regime is made out to be here

I think they're fine.

Stick a few photocopies in the post or send a motosai taxi rider to immigration for 200 baht every 3 months.

How dare they inconvenience the White Man with such rules? Preposterous!

• Like 1

I never realized I was such a weirdo before I joined this forum.

I like my neighbours, I get along with my co-workers. My in-laws are great people and I'm in love with my wife.

What's wrong with me ?

You've not bought them a house or met the Gik yet then?

Sorry, can't really afford the house where my in laws live.

At the time they bought it Thonglor was country side. I actually was told my mother in law was actually not very happy to move there.

joematou wrote: "Actually I arrived 30 years ago"

and:

I never realized I was such a weirdo before I joined this forum.

I like my neighbours, I get along with my co-workers. My in-laws are great people and I'm in love with my wife.

What's wrong with me ?

You've not bought them a house or met the Gik yet then?

Sorry, can't really afford the house where my in laws live.

At the time they bought it Thonglor was country side. I actually was told my mother in law was actually not very happy to move there.

Not always a low post-count equals, no or low knowledge! wai2.gif

Just like a high post-count is no guarantee for the opposite. whistling.gif

BTW, unless one does it very badly, sex is just as enjoyable the 1,000th time as the first

Only with a lot of different partners.

OR, one partner and the ability to remember in vivid detail the absolutely DGG cutie that you saw earlier that day.

As they say, in the dark all cats are black.

While I don't support the OTT part of your post, it is hard to dispute that places in Thailand that have a higher concentration of farangs do indeed have better infrastructure and entertainment than those without, eg, where I live, that has as many farangs as I have fingers, the ifrastructure is abysmal, despite being almost as large as Pattaya, and unless you enjoy hanging out in a rickety shack that is too dark to see much, with "music" so loud my ears hurt, there is little if any entertainment available once the sun goes down.

-

-

-

-

True, but the bubble in LOS is so much cheaper.

I think they're fine.

What's wrong with that? huh.png

How dare they inconvenience the White Man with such rules? Preposterous!

Compared with neighbouring countries ( apparently, as I haven't actually tried living long time in any of them ), the rules in LOS are far more irksome. If "they" actually wanted us here, I feel they'd make it a lot easier to stay than they do.

• Like 1

I think they're fine.

I wasn't aware that doing the yearly extension was that simple. Obviously, I've been doing it all wrong, and those visa runs in the past were just a waste of money!

I think they're fine.

I wasn't aware that doing the yearly extension was that simple. Obviously, I've been doing it all wrong, and those visa runs in the past were just a waste of money!

Think you will find he is referring to address reporting.

I think they're fine.

OK, but reporting one's address is not really anything to do with the visa regime, to which he was referring.

I think they're fine.

OK, but reporting one's address is not really anything to do with the visa regime, to which he was referring.

I would have thought the need to report every 90 days is EXACTLY part of the "visa regime"

Perhaps I'm wrong, but getting/ extending a visa seem to be different than notifying the authorities of one's address in Thailand. After all, if I was here on a tourist visa, I wouldn't have to notify anyone of my address ( I know the hotel is supposed to ).

Regardless, the visa regime in LOS is stressful ( to me ) when obtaining/ extending one. Malaysia does it so much more easily- 90 days at the border.

Anybody tell me what a TEFL'er is. mentioned in a previous post.

Teaching English as a Foreign Language,just below African Ice dealers,Pimps,Ladyboys and Thai Politicians on the popularity and respect ladder!

Yes, they have even hijacked that old oilfield mantra, "Please don't tell mum I am working the oilfields TEFL'ing in Bangkok, she thinks I am a piano player in a whorehouse."

My post was intended to bring visa regime bitching into perspective, not encourage more.

I found the visa regime in Thailand the most onerous and least efficiently managed of all the countries that I've lived as an alien.

The inconvenience, the time spent at immigration, the quantity of documentation, the frequency of renewal and the amount of the passport taken up with stamps...

I don't think I would class that as hatred though

SC

That sort of moderate, considered response will win you absolutely no friends here, SC ! ;)

Sadly, the Indonesian system seems even nastier, but it seems that if you pay Indonesians to do it for you, eventually you will get a long-stay visa. I'm going to check out a couple of visa agents in Singapore and stick my toe in the water for 3 months.

• Like 1