lusty

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I start, I can't stop. Can I get more than 1 bottle? sad.png

No, they'll then fine you for urinating in a public place...

Or, like a friend of mine in the UK you might find yourself asking a judge for leniency and that they take at least 364 other occasions this year into consideration...

Dam_n, just have to give them my adult nappy then. I guess they can squeeze more than a few drops out for their tests. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What the hell would I do if they stopped me?! I'm a woman... blink.png

If they actually asked me to do such a thing I'd piss ON them. whistling.gif

Women are routinely tested. They have an area assigned for this and female police officers. At night, they're often more interested in testing women (especially Thai women) who they think may be bar workers, as drug users are common among them.

If it's female police officers and a section cordoned off so I can keep my dignity then I'm fine with this.

What prescribition drugs cause a positive cocaine test?

Answer

This advice is from a medical doctor and is absolutely positively accurate information. There is a lot of misinformation on the web giving false information on this frequently asked question. Here are the facts... 1. urine tests do not screen for cocaine itself because the drug is removed too quickly from your body, instead the urine test looks for metabolites that your body creates when cocaine has been consumed. The metabolite is called Benzoylecgonine. This metabolite is present in urine for "approximately" 3-5 days after casual use and as long as 30 days for a heavy user. These times however are not completely accurate as the excretion rate of Benzoylecgonine differs in every individual according to metabolic rate, weight, height, body fat content overall health, type of test etc... Most important determining factor is the type of test used. 2. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE OR OVER THE COUNTER SUBSTANCE THAT WILL GIVE A FALSE POSITIVE FOR BENZOYLECGONINE. The cocaine products used by dentists and doctors will not give you a false positive because their structure is chemically different than street cocaine. The standard EMIT test used by 95 percent of certified labs that do preemployment drug screening can show a false positive but the test is always confirmed by the Gs/Ms test which is 99 percent accurate and cannot be defeated in the court of law. To make a long story short, WHAT EVER ANYONE TELLS YOU, THERE IS NO WAY TO DISPUTE COCAINE USE IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR BENZOYLECGONINE... IT IS ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT YOU HAVE KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY INGESTED COCAINE IN SOME FORM. In a few rare cases, people have tested positive for Benzoylecgonine after drinking Peruvian tea that is made from crushed cocaine leaves but again this is actually ingesting cocaine itself and this excuse will be Extremely hard to prove.

Answer came from wiki.answers.com. I would put the link but it messes with my post.

Edited by metisdead
: Over size font re sized.

Being a local business man, member of 6 chambers of commerce, and ex-director of 2 chambers of commerce I would happily sit at Thonglor police station and wait for the media to get a hold of the story so that the police can explain why people are being harassed in the middle of the day by corrupt police trying to extort money.

Yes the media would hold of it and call you Hi-so and the story would run and run in the paper and on the internet, but not in your favour. Whether you are guilty or not.

hi-so? I ain't Thai

Why would the media care then ?

Being a local business man, member of 6 chambers of commerce, and ex-director of 2 chambers of commerce I would happily sit at Thonglor police station and wait for the media to get a hold of the story so that the police can explain why people are being harassed in the middle of the day by corrupt police trying to extort money.

Yes the media would hold of it and call you Hi-so and the story would run and run in the paper and on the internet, but not in your favour. Whether you are guilty or not.

hi-so? I ain't Thai

Why would the media care then ?

Cos I have a giant johnson. Why are you asking?

• Like 2

What prescribition drugs cause a positive cocaine test?

Answer

This advice is from a medical doctor and is absolutely positively accurate information. There is a lot of misinformation on the web giving false information on this frequently asked question. Here are the facts... 1. urine tests do not screen for cocaine itself because the drug is removed too quickly from your body, instead the urine test looks for metabolites that your body creates when cocaine has been consumed. The metabolite is called Benzoylecgonine. This metabolite is present in urine for "approximately" 3-5 days after casual use and as long as 30 days for a heavy user. These times however are not completely accurate as the excretion rate of Benzoylecgonine differs in every individual according to metabolic rate, weight, height, body fat content overall health, type of test etc... Most important determining factor is the type of test used. 2. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE OR OVER THE COUNTER SUBSTANCE THAT WILL GIVE A FALSE POSITIVE FOR BENZOYLECGONINE. The cocaine products used by dentists and doctors will not give you a false positive because their structure is chemically different than street cocaine. The standard EMIT test used by 95 percent of certified labs that do preemployment drug screening can show a false positive but the test is always confirmed by the Gs/Ms test which is 99 percent accurate and cannot be defeated in the court of law. To make a long story short, WHAT EVER ANYONE TELLS YOU, THERE IS NO WAY TO DISPUTE COCAINE USE IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR BENZOYLECGONINE... IT IS ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT YOU HAVE KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY INGESTED COCAINE IN SOME FORM. In a few rare cases, people have tested positive for Benzoylecgonine after drinking Peruvian tea that is made from crushed cocaine leaves but again this is actually ingesting cocaine itself and this excuse will be Extremely hard to prove.

Answer came from wiki.answers.com. I would put the link but it messes with my post.

This is testing for cocaine use.

In Thailand it is mainly methamfetamines which are abused, and the test for those apparently is much more prone to false positives.

Afaik a positive pee test ALWAYS has to be followed up by a proper blood test to confirm prescence of drugs in your metabolism.

thong lo is the most corrupt. besides that high or not i will lauching walk away when they tell me to piss where.. please.. police here got the least respect among things with me.. and never got me any probs.. they neder run aftere they to lazy for that..

I recall watching Channel 3 news four years ago and UK adult male had arrived at Swampy with excess cigarettes - carrying them for a friend, apparently. He alleged he copped a beating and was receiving consular assistance, so on his own on that count.

He admitted he brought in excess cigarettes and I assumed he got cocky. It matters little. Welcome to LOS, mate.

Leave your attitude at LHR departures, exhibit modesty at all times and forget any delusions of so called injustice.

If you can't handle the perception of injustice, the backhanders, the indignity of your sensibilities, then don't visit or reside in LOS.

It's an alien culture, alien weather, ideals and law.

You can't change it or influence it. Why waste your time fighting the power. Isn't that what you sought to escape?

Edited by wooloomooloo

This has been happening for years!!

Thonglor Soi 20 leading into Soi 23 is the prime spot for pee-testing and general stop-and-searches,

at all times of the day.

A word of caution about another under-handed tactic that they might use:

- Assuming they find nothing on you, they'll demand to go to your room for further searches (happened to a friend)

Needless to say, it's advisable to tell them that you don't live in the area or Bangkok for that matter

How does Thonglor Soi 20 lead into 23 ??

Anyway if you like to do drugs it's better to stay at home for a couple of days instead of wandering the streets.

Few days? THC can stay in your body for up to 90 days and in your hair until it falls out. It can be detected in urine samples for up to 13 days...

Edited by Loptr

I really wish people would stop speculating that this is even against the law in theory - why would you think that?

But it's true that that issue is irrelevant to whether or not the police can do it.

And there's no question that the vast majority of Thais support it, and don't give a stuff about your feelings about individual "rights" about something like this.

There just isn't any tradition of or support for such a concept here - those with the gold and the guns make the rules and everyone accepts that as the way the world should work, except some idealistic academics influenced by the decadent west.

Let it lie, get over it, get used to it and if this is really news to you you'd be advised to adjust your behavior accordingly.

And don't count on the cash in your pocket getting you off, sometimes they're charged with really making an example of a group of foreigners for the papers and the boss cares more about that than the baksheesh income that day and you're hosed.

IMO easier just to stay clean. . .

By the same token, just why do you think it IS legal? Just because it has been going on for some time, that doesn't make it legal. I guess one could say that all of Thaksin's extra-judicial murders during his war on drugs was legal too, no?

thong lo is the most corrupt. besides that high or not i will lauching walk away when they tell me to piss where.. please.. police here got the least respect among things with me.. and never got me any probs.. they neder run aftere they to lazy for that..

--

If you're advising people to run away from a round-up, let me try to counteract that for anyone that might be stupid enough to try to follow such idiotic advice.

Remember 99% of the time worst case is you're deported, most of the time a quick trip to the ATM will avoid even that.

I really wish people would stop speculating that this is even against the law in theory - why would you think that?

But it's true that that issue is irrelevant to whether or not the police can do it.

And there's no question that the vast majority of Thais support it, and don't give a stuff about your feelings about individual "rights" about something like this.

There just isn't any tradition of or support for such a concept here - those with the gold and the guns make the rules and everyone accepts that as the way the world should work, except some idealistic academics influenced by the decadent west.

Let it lie, get over it, get used to it and if this is really news to you you'd be advised to adjust your behavior accordingly.

And don't count on the cash in your pocket getting you off, sometimes they're charged with really making an example of a group of foreigners for the papers and the boss cares more about that than the baksheesh income that day and you're hosed.

-

By the same token, just why do you think it IS legal? Just because it has been going on for some time, that doesn't make it legal. I guess one could say that all of Thaksin's extra-judicial murders during his war on drugs was legal too, no?

-

Because in over 15 years here I've never come across any mention of any such rights of personal privacy, habeas corpus, restrictions on police powers to stop, question and search whoever they like anytime for any reason, and in discussing such matters with even well-educated wealthy Thais, the only response to my statements about what is standard practice back home is dismissed as farang insanity, they honestly think it's a stupid idea.

Such ideas come out of ancient British-specific ideas, and AFAIK have only appeared in ex-colonial cultures and those where such cultures have influenced modern legal systems, like US-occupied territories after the war.

From what I've seen Thai people are 100% supportive of the idea of cops just summarily executing drug dealers out back in the alley.

The fact that this is usually done just done to eliminate the competition is usually shrugged off, at least things are more orderly and expensive for the addicts that way I suppose.

So let me see now, would they do this with women too???

I don't understand the question, why not, you think chivalry overrides their orders? Not just would but do, they absolutely do do, quite routinely and without any qualms. Seriously I'm asking why would you think otherwise?

What the hell would I do if they stopped me?! I'm a woman... blink.png

If they actually asked me to do such a thing I'd piss ON them. whistling.gif

Women are routinely tested. They have an area assigned for this and female police officers. At night, they're often more interested in testing women (especially Thai women) who they think may be bar workers, as drug users are common among them.

Posters below, please see above.

What happens if you are a woman? Do I just drop my jeans and piss in a pot?

What a load of crap by funfon. You are speaking for a whole country when it appears from your post that you consort with a specific sort of Thai.

--
If you're advising people to run away from a round-up, let me try to counteract that for anyone that might be stupid enough to try to follow such idiotic advice.

Remember 99% of the time worst case is you're deported, most of the time a quick trip to the ATM will avoid even that.

-

-

Because in over 15 years here I've never come across any mention of any such rights of personal privacy, habeas corpus, restrictions on police powers to stop, question and search whoever they like anytime for any reason, and in discussing such matters with even well-educated wealthy Thais, the only response to my statements about what is standard practice back home is dismissed as farang insanity, they honestly think it's a stupid idea.

Such ideas come out of ancient British-specific ideas, and AFAIK have only appeared in ex-colonial cultures and those where such cultures have influenced modern legal systems, like US-occupied territories after the war.

From what I've seen Thai people are 100% supportive of the idea of cops just summarily executing drug dealers out back in the alley.

The fact that this is usually done just done to eliminate the competition is usually shrugged off, at least things are more orderly and expensive for the addicts that way I suppose.

I don't understand the question, why not, you think chivalry overrides their orders? Not just would but do, they absolutely do do, quite routinely and without any qualms. Seriously I'm asking why would you think otherwise?

The reason the Thais you mention have no problem with people being executed is because they know that it won't happen to THEIR kids because of their status.

Your post shows that you have a very vague understanding of the attitudes and social order of this country.

--

-

-

Did you notice the ??????'s.

Hows it done??

The reason the Thais you mention have no problem with people being executed is because they know that it won't happen to THEIR kids because of their status.

Your post shows that you have a very vague understanding of the attitudes and social order of this country.

Actually I haven't discussed this issue with many in the upper classes, most of such feedback have come from very poor upcountry people.

It's true that I haven't associated with people known to have family members involved in drugs, other than granpa apparently having used ganja when he was younger.

In the city, I've very often heard very snide comments about people known to do yabaa, absolutely lost all respect, assumed to be thieves etc.

In discussing what his supporters like about Thaksin, his anti-drug campaign is often cited without any prompting on my part.

I'm not claiming scientific survey techniques, statistical validity, but certainly consistent impressions.

I would have thought wealthier more educated people would be more likely not less to object to summary executions anyway.

>> So let me see now, would they do this with women too???

>I don't understand the question, why not, you think chivalry overrides their orders? Not just would but do, they absolutely do do, quite routinely and without any qualms. Seriously I'm asking why would you think otherwise?

Did you notice the ??????'s.

Hows it done??

Your question - before the ????'s - was "would they do this".

You've been told over and over and over - the answer is a categoric "yes".

Now it seems you're asking "How"?

I still don't understand what it is that you are puzzled about. Perhaps you're not that familiar with female anatomy or something? Do you think it difficult for women to piss into a cup or something?

If I've misunderstood your question, please ask it more clearly.

That's mad. How does one react to that?

You calmly take the bottle, pee in it and hand it back to the BIB with a smile and a thank you! Either you do it or it's off to the crossbar hotel. TIT and it's their rules!

What if you are a woman? How would this work on the street?

Why not insist that this test should be done at a police station? If everyone would do this, the police would be careful who to test. What would be the consequences insisting that the test should be done at the police station?

According to other females on here, that at this point you go for you mace and spray the corrupt coppers in the eyes and run away.