• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dundee48, on 19 Mar 2013 - 03:41, said:

Marlow999, on 19 Mar 2013 - 02:31, said:

Moruya, on 19 Mar 2013 - 02:18, said:

Pimay1, on 19 Mar 2013 - 01:59, said:

.002% of 2.85 billion = 57,000. I noticed they didn't name the owner of these shares.

5.7 million shares isn't it?

No, 57,000.

Mr.Moruya is correct.2,850,000,000 x 0.002% = 5,700,000 or 5.7 million shares.

From`not 1 single share` to 5.7 million in 24 hours,they have been busy.

This is not correct, it's 57,000 (0.002% = 0.00002)so 2,850,000,000*0.00002= 57,000!

Nothing like hysteria and hyperbole. There are approximately 3 billion shares outstanding for PTT.

And then there is the claim that former PM Thaksin has approx. 58K shares. If true, the number is insignificant. I too hold shares through my pension fund, and probably have more influence than some puny 58K shareholder because my pension fund holds millions of shares.

These are PTT's major shareholders. http://www.pttep.com/en/InvestorRelations_ShareholderInformation.aspx

< snipped > as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

A small shareholder doesn't have much influence with PTT. even if Mr. Thaksin was as powerful as claimed by some, do you folks really believe that he would be able to push around the top 10 shareholders, and that he would do this to make an extra 20-100,000 baht on his shares? C'mon. Get real.

Get real? Everyone has been, except you.

No one on the thread is saying that the amount of shares held by an unnamed Thaksin family member is truly significant in terms of the overall corporate structure.

The focus has been exclusively on the LIE told by the Shinawatra Klan Spokesman Noppadon that denied the Shinawatra Klan held ANY shares.

wink.png

Getting Real... A good number of the posters can't even do the math.

meaning?

Nothing like hysteria and hyperbole. There are approximately 3 billion shares outstanding for PTT.

And then there is the claim that former PM Thaksin has approx. 58K shares. If true, the number is insignificant. I too hold shares through my pension fund, and probably have more influence than some puny 58K shareholder because my pension fund holds millions of shares.

These are PTT's major shareholders. http://www.pttep.com/en/InvestorRelations_ShareholderInformation.aspx

< snipped > as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

A small shareholder doesn't have much influence with PTT. even if Mr. Thaksin was as powerful as claimed by some, do you folks really believe that he would be able to push around the top 10 shareholders, and that he would do this to make an extra 20-100,000 baht on his shares? C'mon. Get real.

Get real? Everyone has been, except you.

No one on the thread is saying that the amount of shares held by an unnamed Thaksin family member is truly significant in terms of the overall corporate structure.

The focus has been exclusively on the LIE told by the Shinawatra Klan Spokesman Noppadon that denied the Shinawatra Klan held ANY shares.

wink.png

Getting Real... A good number of the posters can't even do the math.

meaning?

Meaning...that some people have struggled with the arithmetic, but it appears he struggles with the English language.... its not "math" dear boy....its math's with an "s".....wink.png

According to the SET the listed common stock is 2,856,299,625 which would suggest the figure is indeed 57,126 shares being 0,002%.

I think wai.gif

The top 14 holders, again on the SET bottom out at 0.52% evaluated at 14,880,417 common stock.

Not wishing to be pedantic but 0.002% of 2,856,299,625 = 5,712,599 or 5.712 million shares.

What kind of calculator are you using?

See Post 21

The gardner probably has a few shares though. And the maid. And possibly the family dog as well.

And the lawyer? wink.png

Or perhaps the Butler Did It ? laugh.png

I think its was major general Thaksin, in the kitchen with a smart phone.

• Like 2

Having observed the lack of understanding of per centage points in this country, I have some doubt to the validity of this news release. Why go to the trouble of converting to per cent of total, the number of shares owned by a family/individual?

Having observed the lack of understanding of per centage points in this country, I have some doubt to the validity of this news release. Why go to the trouble of converting to per cent of total, the number of shares owned by a family/individual?

Because it looks a hundred times smaller !

Reference post # 66.

The only truly relevant difference between “math” and “maths” is usage. “Maths” is commonly used in Great Britain, while “math” is standard in the US.

Reference post # 66.

The only truly relevant difference between “math” and “maths” is usage. “Maths” is commonly used in Great Britain, while “math” is standard in the US.

and math's is never used, sorry it was bugging me