Key ' Red Shirt' Minister Nattawut Rejects Military's Call For Break On Amnesty Law

webfact

Key "Red Shirt" minister rejects military's call for break on amnesty law

BANGKOK, 19 March 2013 (NNT) - Nattawut Saikua, Deputy Commerce Minister and a key leader of the United Front for Democracy (UDD), has rejected the call by a senior military officer that the amnesty law drafts submitted to the parliament be withdrawn.

Lt. Gen. Paradorn Pattanatabutr, secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC), earlier called for the withdrawal of the four amnesty bill submitted to the House Speaker, citing the reason that an amnesty bill might spark "political violence".

Mr Nattawut, in response to Lt. Gen. Paradorn's, said that there is no reason for withdrawing the bill drafts, since for any of the drafts to be passed into law, it would have to be considered and debated openly by both the Lower and the Upper Houses. The submitted draft bills themselves could do no harm, Mr Nattawut said.

Mr Nattawut commented that it was time for an amnesty law to be considered and debated publicly; if most MPs reject the bill, he will respect their judgement.

The four law drafts, variously called "Amnesty Act" or "Reconciliation Act", would, broadly speaking, grant amnesty to participants of political protests from all sides, but would not cover protest leaders and "those with the power to decide the direction of protests".

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-19 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Mr Nattawut commented that it was time for an amnesty law to be considered and debated publicly; if most MPs reject the bill, he will respect their judgement.

The ONLY thing he can control is the number of MPs becuase of the majority the coalition has...

bah.gif

Mr Nattawut, in response to Lt. Gen. Paradorn

ooohhh.... Red Shirts dressing down Thaksin's "brother"....

it's always interesting to see in-fighting going on...

partytime2.gif

He tried dressing down Thaksin's sister, Yaowapa, but didn't have enough material.

• Like 2

Lt. Gen. Paradorn Pattanatabutr, secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC), earlier called for the withdrawal of the four amnesty bill submitted to the House Speaker, citing the reason that an amnesty bill might spark "political violence".

Does he not know that the red shirt storm troopers live for political violence? it's their speciality.

Mr Nattawut, in response to Lt. Gen. Paradorn's, said that there is no reason for withdrawing the bill drafts, since he may end up in jail himself.

Why should anyone worry, after all Nattawut has taken onus for all the reds 2010 crimes.........

Nattawut Saikua, UDD Secretary-General, said on the red-shirt stage on May 19, “If you gain control, we will burn places all over Thailand”. He said further, “Brothers and sisters, you go to burn down, I will be responsible for it myself.” “Anyone who want to arrest us, come to me.”

Edited by waza

Mr Nattawut, in response to Lt. Gen. Paradorn's, said that there is no reason for withdrawing the bill drafts, since he may end up in jail himself.

Why should anyone worry, after all Nattawut has taken onus for all the reds 2010 crimes.........

Nattawut Saikua, UDD Secretary-General, said on the red-shirt stage on May 19, “If you gain control, we will burn places all over Thailand”. He said further, “Brothers and sisters, you go to burn down, I will be responsible for it myself.” “Anyone who want to arrest us, come to me.”

To be added. "blame it on me. I take the responsibility"

Does he not know that the red shirt storm troopers live for political violence? it's their speciality.

Or might this be a coded warning to back off ?

If the army is calling for the dumping of the Amnesty Bill, is this not a not-so-subtle warning to the reds/PTP? Can we expect to see yet another coup? I care not but would hope this pathetic excuse of a govt is thrown out sooner than later whilst there are still funds in the coffers or before they place the country in further debt for 2.2 trillion....

If the army is calling for the dumping of the Amnesty Bill, is this not a not-so-subtle warning to the reds/PTP? Can we expect to see yet another coup? I care not but would hope this pathetic excuse of a govt is thrown out sooner than later whilst there are still funds in the coffers or before they place the country in further debt for 2.2 trillion....

My thoughts exactly - army and "reconciliation" in the same breath.

Presumably when the army feel that the country is (once again) in danger of being dis-membered, somebody has to take the 'non-Thai' stance of taking responsibility.

When PTP push too far and feel resistance will they back-off? Nope! They are only programmed to do one thing. If that way is blocked, there is no 'plan B', they will become the proverbial headless chicken.

As it has been since 3rd July 2011 - 'interesting times ahead'

if most MPs reject the bill, he will respect their judgement.

Like the PTP respected the Bangkok election outcome?blink.png

Or like Nattawut and company respected the judgement of a majority of MPs when they elected Abhisit as Prime Minister...

Edited by AleG

My thoughts exactly - army and "reconciliation" in the same breath.

Presumably when the army feel that the country is (once again) in danger of being dis-membered, somebody has to take the 'non-Thai' stance of taking responsibility.

When PTP push too far and feel resistance will they back-off? Nope! They are only programmed to do one thing. If that way is blocked, there is no 'plan B', they will become the proverbial headless chicken.

As it has been since 3rd July 2011 - 'interesting times ahead'

the army does it's job to protect Thailand from terrorist and then is expected to sit idly by while the terrorists are given amnesty.

• Like 1

Perhaps time for another warning, from 'Big-Mac Man', that his American-sources have told him, that an army-coup is imminent ? wink.png

Right. And he may be be introduced to the CIA sooner than he thinks.

Chrome Induced Ischaemia - Patient That Develops Inexplicable Chest Pains When

Arrested And Handcuffed

The ONLY thing he can control is the number of MPs becuase of the majority the coalition has...

bah.gif

Yes it is a coalition but only to buffer the PTP majority from their MP,s getting offer they cant refuse from people we cant mention. Work out from that what you want

bah.gif

Yes it is a coalition but only to buffer the PTP majority from their MP,s getting offer they cant refuse from people we cant mention. Work out from that what you want

PTP offered a few parties to include them in a government with a few cabinet posts thrown in. Banharn accepted and some Ministers didn't even have to move from one government to another. Certainly an offer they couldn't and didn't want to refuse. Even our reformed coup maker is on board, imagine wink.png

Thailand needs 'Truth & Reconcilliation' you can't have that with out 'Amnesty' for all paties to the divide that continue to hurt Thailand.

Well if somebody can bring Reconciliation to THE WHOLE OF THAILAND, either with or without an Amnesty, then everybody will be happy.

Any ideas how to make the Reds and Yellows and all the different flavours of Thailand agree about anything?

There is only one common denominator in Thailand - money, not people. The illiterate Northern hordes have done their bit by unwittingly signing Thailand over to the highest bidder, So it's the rest of the country who will be hacking everything they can - for the sake of peace, reconciliation and happy families of course.

Won't happen.

Thailand needs 'Truth & Reconcilliation' you can't have that with out 'Amnesty' for all paties to the divide that continue to hurt Thailand.

Well if somebody can bring Reconciliation to THE WHOLE OF THAILAND, either with or without an Amnesty, then everybody will be happy.

Any ideas how to make the Reds and Yellows and all the different flavours of Thailand agree about anything?

There is only one common denominator in Thailand - money, not people. The illiterate Northern hordes have done their bit by unwittingly signing Thailand over to the highest bidder, So it's the rest of the country who will be hacking everything they can - for the sake of peace, reconciliation and happy families of course.

Won't happen.

Give it a few years for the economy, agriculture and society to crash and burn and everyone will be united in their hatred for Thaksin.

Won't happen.

Give it a few years for the economy, agriculture and society to crash and burn and everyone will be united in their hatred for Thaksin.
Given the mentality of the people I know:

1 - they don't care

2 - Thaksin does nothing wrong - he does after all dole out the chocie bars to them

3 - they are so indoctrinated that the need "not to think for themselves" is seen as a bonus.

It's interesting though, to see all the effort that's going into re-writing history. Assuming students study the history of at least their own country, I wonder how they deal with that.

The future is behind us. Let's march there again & again & again & ........................