The Secrets To Dating A Thai Guy

webfact

^ Oh sure.

It's just that when posters are reduced to that instead of constructively discussing a post that you know they've lost.

Nah, you just can't get the joke. don't worry, maybe one day you will ;)

So many men with an opinion on dating a Thai man, they must be gay if they are so knowledgeable I would think otherwise they can have no idea except third hand knowledge.

My pal is a Thai man who lives off Thai women, he would be considered a gigolo by western standards.

I've spoken with him a lot, and seen him operate (we go out together sometimes). He is very good at extracting money from Thai ladies.

I'm guessing here, but would bet I know him better than the women he sleeps with. Cos if they really knew him, they wouldn't be sleeping with him.

I don't think women understand men all that much. But men do.

I don't think men understand women much, don't have a clue if they understand each other either.

But I do understand my Thai pal, all gifts of money, gold and booze gratefully accepted.

yes you sound very close.

I think she's been reduced to insinuating that you're having a homosexual relationship with him, TP. sad.png

Much better than actually discussing points made, I think you'll find. biggrin.png

Tomos "points" were irrelevant to the topic at hand. His was a comment about a friend of his who manages to convince thai women to support him. That has zilch to do with western women & thai men relationships.

My pal is a Thai man who lives off Thai women, he would be considered a gigolo by western standards.

I've spoken with him a lot, and seen him operate (we go out together sometimes). He is very good at extracting money from Thai ladies.

I'm guessing here, but would bet I know him better than the women he sleeps with. Cos if they really knew him, they wouldn't be sleeping with him.

I don't think men understand women much, don't have a clue if they understand each other either.

But I do understand my Thai pal, all gifts of money, gold and booze gratefully accepted.

You do have to admire those kinds of guys. Maybe "admire," is the wrong word...perhaps jealous. To be able to seduce a woman with charm and personality, that's most guys' wet dream.

I saw an MTV show years ago in America, sort of a reality TV sort of thing before reality TV became all the rage. It was about these so-called "players," guys who's life is about trying to get as many girls in the sack as possible. These guys really work at their craft. I'm talking the perfect tan, haircut, fitness, clothes, cologne...the works. And of course, the lines and confidence to approach any lady. If I recall, one of the guys was asked to give his advice for the would-be players out there. His advice was "Lie, man. Lie your ass off!" I guess charm and personality alone is not enough.

Reminds me of when i worked in Spain 20 years ago, we used to have different competitions each night in the bars and clubs.

100pts bets for who could cop off with the fatest/tallest/ugliest/sexiest etc girl for the crack.

That's how easy it is to get off with farang women on holiday. We had different pitches and spiels for each different nationality.

Back on topic- i don't envy a western woman living in Thailand with a Thai man.

A lot of complications and differences eg:

If the woman wants to work full time and have a social life with other farangs away from him and she is the main bread winner in the household etc.Jealousy issues.

What if she does not want children til later in life? That goes against the grain with Thai culture and families!

The reason it works for farang men and Thai women is that the men seek traditional family values lost on a large percentage of career minded, singleton women from the west.

Good luck to all the holiday romancers, your not here for a long time.

JUST A GOOD TIME!

Which just goes to show how little you know about these relationships you are making comment on.

What specific relationship? The picture shows a tourist and a beach bum.

What specific relationship? The picture shows a tourist and a beach bum.

I highlighted the comment you made, please don't attempt to be disingenuous. thanks

Edited by Boo
corrected spelling to stop some getting upset

Actually was no insinuation that tommo was gay, simply that he seemed to know quite a bit about his friend's behavior. Makes one wonder about what kind of person considers someone like that a close friend.

I always find it quite funny these men who know someone that behaves a certain way and extrapolates that behavior to half the population based on their own limited acquaintances.

but regardless keep up the trolling and there will be suspensions handed round. smile.png

Edited by sbk
wrong person

Actually was no insinuation that cmk was gay, simply that he seemed to know quite a bit about his friend's behavior. Makes one wonder about what kind of person considers someone like that a close friend.

I always find it quite funny these men who know someone that behaves a certain way and extrapolates that behavior to half the population based on their own limited acquaintances.

Interesting discussion.

How do you know his or others acquaintances are limited?

It is interesting, thanks.

You do have to admire those kinds of guys. Maybe "admire," is the wrong word...perhaps jealous. To be able to seduce a woman with charm and personality, that's most guys' wet dream.

I saw an MTV show years ago in America, sort of a reality TV sort of thing before reality TV became all the rage. It was about these so-called "players," guys who's life is about trying to get as many girls in the sack as possible. These guys really work at their craft. I'm talking the perfect tan, haircut, fitness, clothes, cologne...the works. And of course, the lines and confidence to approach any lady. If I recall, one of the guys was asked to give his advice for the would-be players out there. His advice was "Lie, man. Lie your ass off!" I guess charm and personality alone is not enough.

<deleted> else would you use?

The reason it works for farang men and Thai women is that the men seek traditional family values lost on a large percentage of career minded, singleton women from the west.

I'm not sure if it's quite this simple. Allow me to share my observations. I've known many mixed couples in Thailand, although the farang male/Thai female variety far outnumbers the other.

In every single instance where I've met farang female/Thai male couples, the guy was educated, communicated well in her language, good career or career prospects, from a good family, solidly middle class or above, and to put it simply, "had something going for him." Small sampling size, certainly, but a clear pattern when compared to the other pairing.

I can only conclude that farang women have a much, MUCH higher standard when choosing a Thai mate than farang males. Not even close. You simply won't see a farang woman having a serious relationship with a Thai guy with whom she can barely communicate, no education, dirt poor, dysfunctional family, no career prospects, etc., i.e., a "peasant farm guy." But many farang guys will have relationships with just this type of Thai woman.

Just being fair and objective.

Totally agree.

Just take a look at the farang men Thai women relationships here. 90% are about monetary security on the women's and "where I come from I wouldn't even get a lady my age" on the men's part, even though most men don't want to see it. No, the 20 year younger beautiful girls you can't communicate with are not interested in you as a person and don't find you physically attractive either. Never seen such combinations the other way round, though.

Seems that a thread about dating Thai men has turned into a thread about dating Thai women blink.png

and now its not.

Guys, this is NOT about you. Amazingly, yes its true. Certainly you are entitled to an opinion but you are NOT entitled to hijack, troll or tell women what it is like if you have not ever dated a Thai man.

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated for it to sink in so the next guy that trolls will simply be suspended for 30 days.

I'm not sure if it's quite this simple. Allow me to share my observations. I've known many mixed couples in Thailand, although the farang male/Thai female variety far outnumbers the other.

In every single instance where I've met farang female/Thai male couples, the guy was educated, communicated well in her language, good career or career prospects, from a good family, solidly middle class or above, and to put it simply, "had something going for him." Small sampling size, certainly, but a clear pattern when compared to the other pairing.

I can only conclude that farang women have a much, MUCH higher standard when choosing a Thai mate than farang males. Not even close. You simply won't see a farang woman having a serious relationship with a Thai guy with whom she can barely communicate, no education, dirt poor, dysfunctional family, no career prospects, etc., i.e., a "peasant farm guy." But many farang guys will have relationships with just this type of Thai woman.

In my experience, this is the one i relate to.

I know quite a few women in Chiang Mai who have had successful and happy marriages with Thai men for a very long time. In all cases the men are educated and interested in the world. The news article posted certainly has some points but then I am not sure that the writer has much experience beyond beach romances. They are not the same thing as a man and a woman coming from similar sorts of backgrounds having a real relationship.

But again, the article does refer to "dating" and not "marriage"

Edited by LadyHeather
  • Like 1

I don't doubt your conclusions, based on your own experiences. I would say your experiences of foreign women/ Thai men looks a bit limited.

BTW You might want to look up the differences between objective and subjective wink.png

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

I don't doubt your conclusions, based on your own experiences. I would say your experiences of foreign women/ Thai men looks a bit limited.

I suspect yours is too, in fact I suspect that is true of most of the men posting in this thread but hey a wee bit of knowledge and a whole lot of opinion has never stopped any man in the Ladies forum telling everyone "how it is"

I suspect yours is too, in fact I suspect that is true of most of the men posting in this thread but hey a wee bit of knowledge and a whole lot of opinion has never stopped any man in the Ladies forum telling everyone "how it is"

Now there's an interesting bit of logic :)

So the poster that thinks you'll not see the type of farang woman/ Thai men relationship she describes, has an extensive knowledge compared to others who have have seen such relationships. They're not common, but they are out there...

:)