Thailand's Chalerm Cancels Meeting With Malaysia's Mahathir

webfact

Thailand's Chalerm cancels meet with Malaysia's Mahathir
By English News

13637407159757.jpg

BANGKOK, March 20 – Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung said Tuesday he has called off a planned meeting with former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad to concentrate on the government-proposed bill to seek Bt2 trillion loans for infrastructure investment.

Mr Chalerm said he was instructed by his superior, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, to ensure that the bill is submitted to the House of Representatives which may debate its first reading on March 28.

“Some people said the bill is a breach of the Constitution. I have to see to it that it reaches the Lower House. Details of the bill are the responsibility of Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong,” he said.

Mr Chalerm said earlier that he would discuss possible solutions to the violence in Thailand’s southern provinces with the former Malaysian premier.

He said he telephoned Mr Mahathir who expressed his understanding regarding the postponement.

The deputy premier said he will definitely make an inspection trip to Thailand’s Muslim-predominant far South but failed to give further details.

Meanwhile, the opposition Democrat Party asked the government to revise its planned dialogue with Muslim insurgents, scheduled for March 28 in Kuala Lumpur, and said the recent signing of agreement between the National Security Council and Muslim insurgents of the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) group was a “grave mistake.”

Deputy Democrat leader Thaworn Senneam said the agreement has contributed to acknowledgements in the international community and Islamic countries that insurgent movements exist in Thailand.

“In this case, international organisations may intervene in case of future attacks. Their intervention may lead them to ask southern people on a preferred administrative system. This can possibly lead to separatism and the formation of a Pattani State,” he said.

Former foreign minister Kasit Piromya said the government-insurgent agreement could lead to international intervention and separation of the southern region as in the cases of detaching Ireland from the United Kingdom and Palestine from Israel.

A group of southern MPs, led by Prasert Pongsuwansiri from Yala, expressed doubt about the authority of 15 state representatives who will attend the dialogue with BRN on March 28. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-03-20

There's always something more important to do besides traveling to the south and working on the insurgency problem. You wonder where the priorities are in this government. Wait, can't believe I said that -- of course its all about money and ear medicine.

• Like 2

Guess his booze mates were too busy, Oh and let me correct this for you.

Mr Chalerm said he was instructed by his superior, Convicted fugitive Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Thaksin Shinawatra, to ensure that the bill is submitted to the House of Representatives which may debate its first reading on March 28.

Edited by jbrain

That was a close call for Chalerm, he nearly had to go to the south.

An excuse came along just in time.

But he will go some time.

Remember PM " pig's nose " had to order him to go and finally had to sack him. It's reported he was " ordered " by Yingluck to attend cabinet and not the meeting then having cancelled a trip to the south fobbed the press off on Tue 19th telling them he couldn't talk as he was in a hurry to get to work. Chalerm couldn't talk, pleeaase !

This is the same scumbag who said it's no big deal that cops tried to muscle money out of an indian tailor.

Nobody should be surprised that he'd slap the Malaysian statesman in the face like this. Does he think Dr. Mahathir will be eagerly awaiting his call for re-scheduling? Scumbag.

• Like 1

If the Enforcer can't push the 2.2 trillion trough into position as ordered a move to the south may become permanent.

Somewhat typical for this government it would seem. Initiating policies seems sufficient to strike them from the list with a 'mission accomplished'. A stated intention by some to come to a peace agreement for down South, on terms yet to be discussed. Clearly policy set in motion, next.

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Dr. Chalerm has NEVER made a trip to the Deep South. (as per the other paper today).

Edited by Buchholz

If the Enforcer can't push the 2.2 trillion trough into position as ordered a move to the south may become permanent.

Let's all ask our gf/wife to give an offering of five chickens to the local head ghost in honor of this happening.

Remember PM " pig's nose " had to order him to go and finally had to sack him. It's reported he was " ordered " by Yingluck to attend cabinet and not the meeting then having cancelled a trip to the south fobbed the press off on Tue 19th telling them he couldn't talk as he was in a hurry to get to work. Chalerm couldn't talk, pleeaase !

Chalerm avoiding the media now there's a first, usually he's running after them so he can run off at the mouth

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Dr. Chalerm has NEVER made a trip to the Deep South. (as per the other paper today).

This is not true, he did go to the south Bangkok. ph34r.png

I was thinking of writing something profound, but too many words are floating around my head, I do believe Chalerm has beaten me at last. His overt display of a complete lack of prioritization is indicative of the entire PTP governments attitude to Thailand and it's people. They just done give a flying fig. US servicemen that I used to work with said their 3 sworn priorities were God, Country, Corps, I think Thai politicians would set their 3 priorities as Trough, Bank Balance, Self.

As for ​former foreign minister Kasit Piromya, it would seem that even some schoolboy history and current affairs may have helped him in his previous ministerial position. How shocking!

Former foreign minister Kasit Piromya said the government-insurgent agreement could lead to international intervention and separation of the southern region as in the cases of detaching Ireland from the United Kingdom and Palestine from Israel

I was thinking of writing something profound, but too many words are floating around my head, I do believe Chalerm has beaten me at last. His overt display of a complete lack of prioritization is indicative of the entire PTP governments attitude to Thailand and it's people. They just done give a flying fig. US servicemen that I used to work with said their 3 sworn priorities were God, Country, Corps, I think Thai politicians would set their 3 priorities as Trough, Bank Balance, Self.

As for ​former foreign minister Kasit Piromya, it would seem that even some schoolboy history and current affairs may have helped him in his previous ministerial position. How shocking!

Former foreign minister Kasit Piromya said the government-insurgent agreement could lead to international intervention and separation of the southern region as in the cases of detaching Ireland from the United Kingdom and Palestine from Israel

Right. Unfortunately he's not the only Dem making a complete idiot of himself. Another gem:

Deputy Democrat leader Thaworn Senneam said the agreement has

contributed to acknowledgements in the international community and

Islamic countries that insurgent movements exist in Thailand.

One can make sensible arguments against the agreement (e.g. Thaksin's involvement) but the above is not one of them.

Apparently they could NOT find a room big enough for those two men's egos....Next time they should try a national park....wai.gif

As someone who has a girlfriend who owns property on the border, I have a suggestion.

Reschedule the meeting, and this time to prove urgency, hold the meeting on the border, perhaps in Yala, somewhere like Raman District, would suffice.

After a few bombs going off which were attached to motorbikes, maybe the guy who preaches equality whilst favoring Muslims in his own country, and the Thai minister who states passing legislation (which I may add can be done with cellphones and laptops, or one of PTPs issued tablets to children) is far more important than stopping monks being beheaded at night, elderly being beheaded in the streets, and families being bombed at restaurants and malls by Thai and Malaysian nationals, whist both countries police forces scratch their heads and fail to work together to catch culprits.

Yes, time for another Sang Som to forget the hard stuff.

Edited by TheGhostWithin
  • Like 1

Couldn't they have their meeting using Skype?

I hear it's quite popular.

A fair point, however, you can't get wined, dined and pissed at public expense on skype, nor have your over inflated ego and sense of importance stroked by sycophantic hand picked accompanying members of the press and respective entourages. Best let a few more innocents die and re-shedule for a more convenient time to discuss saving the lives of your fellow countrymen.

Not often that I think PT is following the more responsible path, but do feel that the dems are wrong in opposing some form of peace talks. I think those who kill people in the name of god are terrorist scum, but can see why PT need to at least try to bring this appalling violence to an end. Where the talks lead to I can't say but as the party of govt they have to end this cycle of hate and murder.

Deputy Democrat leader Thaworn Senneam said the agreement has
contributed to acknowledgements in the international community and
Islamic countries that insurgent movements exist in Thailand.

Yeah SHHHHHHH, no one's noticed what's been going on for the past 9 years.

So funny when Thai politicians think the rest of the world is as easily fobbed off as their own country.