20 Baht Tax On Houses In Company Name

Sigurris

We have just received a letter from the council wanting 20 baht as the house is in a company name. So they have paid someone to write the letter, check the letter, photocopy the letter and send it. Add to this the cost of stationery and a stamp, not to mention the cost to the environment and I think they could have made alot more money not implementing the tax.

They want me to take time off work and travel to the office to pay this as well. What were they thinking??????

Remember this is Thailand and the minimum wage is less than 300B, so a person hand delivering say 12 an hour for 10 hours a day that would be 2,400B but there again who would actually pay.

... but if they were able to impose a fine of 500B for none payment it would be a big money earner.

what about all the poor (lazy) people back in the west having to fill tax forms which get processed and in the end get a receipt to pay 0 tax and maybe get free health insurance, benefits for kids etc.. governments have always been and will always be a waste of your money. one of the reasons I quit the rat race early and moved to Thailand, I pay my visa and then it's up to me what I pay or not (health insurance etc..).

-----

sent from BigC food court drinking a large 42baht Chang Beer

-----

If you feel that strongly about it, pay them 2,000 Baht instead...moan if its too much and moan if its too little. There are numerous taxes worldwide that cost more to administrate than the revenue collected.

I am not moaning about the cost of the tax but rather, at the cost of administering it, which is way more. We are not talking individual tax bills; everyone who owns a house or condo in a company name is being taxed the same.

This is also not a knock at Thailand but at administrators who just don't think it through.

Edited by Sigurris

If you feel that strongly about it, pay them 2,000 Baht instead...moan if its too much and moan if its too little. There are numerous taxes worldwide that cost more to administrate than the revenue collected.

I am not moaning about the cost of the tax but rather, at the cost of administering it, which is way more. We are not talking individual tax bills; everyone who owns a house or condo in a company name is being taxed the same.

This is also not a knock at Thailand but at administrators who just don't think it through.

Poeh, Am I glad that I just sold my house biggrin.pngbiggrin.png