What's With All The Rapes In March?

MisterFingers

All of these stories from Pattaya City News:

March 1st, five year old girl raped

March 6th, 11 year old girl attempted rape

March 8th, 12 year old girl drugged and raped

March 10th, 19 year old girl raped

And these are only the ones that made the newspaper. What is the Thai population of Pattaya anyway? Do all the messed up in the head Thais go to Pattaya?

Message to the Thai government. This is a problem.

Stop spending all your time, money, and manpower raiding discos and harrassing tourists just to find if someone enhancing their experience, a harmless and victimless act.

Do something about girls getting raped and people getting murdered.

Stop spending all your time, money, and manpower raiding discos and harrassing tourists just to find if someone enhancing their experience, a harmless and victimless act.

Do something about girls getting raped and people getting murdered.

You want the short or long answer?

Theres no money in it :o

those cases along with other rapes that involved older women....

But that is Thai raping Thai and not newsworthy here....if it was a farang girl raped then there would be hundreds of posts by now.

Is there a difference between the rape of a Thai by a Thai, farang by a Thai or Thai by a farang. ???

:o:D:D

those cases along with other rapes that involved older women....

But that is Thai raping Thai and not newsworthy here....if it was a farang girl raped then there would be hundreds of posts by now.

Is there a difference between the rape of a Thai by a Thai, farang by a Thai or Thai by a farang. ???

:o:D:D

There is an enormous amount of incest and rape of daughters by fathers, uncles and grandfathers in Thailand. There are a number of charitable childrens homes that are crammed full of underage pregnant girls who have been raped by a close relative, and thats the tip of the iceberg. Much of it is to do with ineffective laws (here we go again) and sheer ignorance. More often than not, incest is tolerated by other family members. I have a personal experience on this and can confirm absolutley that even educated intelligent Thais do not regard incest/family rape as a major crime.

I have an unpublished novel that containe an instance of a father raping his underage daughter in Thailand. My UK agent objected - he said the problem in Thailand was with Farangs raping under age girls. "Thais didn't do that sort of thing - they were good people" - and he aught to know because his son was married to a Thai woman. The book remains unpublished.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

I have an unpublished novel that contains instances of a father his underage daughter in Thailand. My UK agent objected - he said the problem in Thailand was with Farangs raping under age girlss. Thais didn't do that sort of thing - they were good people - and he aught to know because his son was married to a Thai woman. The book remains unpublished.

Obviously the editor hasnt a clue about thailand, my guess never been there. :o

Anybody watched the movie "Jandara"? Created quite a bit of stir in the Thai society :D

Siamese - whats its about? (incest probably but can you give a plot overview?)

Excerpts from Jan Dara movie review:

Jan Dara opens with the birth of the titular character, Jan Dara, whose birth causes the death of his mother, and garners him the undying scorn, hatred, and surprisingly violent outbursts of his father, Khun Luang. Jan lives life as an outcast in his own home, and the only person who cares about him (and indeed prevents him from being beaten to death at a whim by not-the-best-dad-in-the-world Khun Luang) is Jan's aunt, Waad.

Aunt Waad eventually becomes a surrogate mother for the nurture-deprived Jan, and the two form such a close bond that it threatens to wander into incest. Luang, meanwhile, has begun having an affair with Aunt Waad, and soon produces another child, Kaew, a tempest of a girl who is taught at birth to despise her stepbrother. Not only does Kaew grow up spoiled rotten and evil to the core, but also she's developing lesbian tendencies, and is sleeping with one of the female help. I know what you're thinking. Can this family get any more dysfunctional? Yes!

Christy Chung plays Boonlueang, Luang's mistress who moves into the house, and begins an affair with Jan. Chung's sultry Boonlueang is hard to figure out, and her subtle, but highly erotic, performance is easily the best in the entire movie. The other exception is Wipawee Charoenpura as the kindly Aunt Waad, whose patience and kindness is reminiscent of Mother Theresa. (And in fact her character later becomes a nun, and is, not surprisingly, the only character in the entire movie that is "saved" in any manner.)

Jan Dara is based on a novel by Utsana Phleungtham, who must have been stoned to death or banned from Thailand, because I'm prone to believe that such a story would still be too controversial for the Thailand of today. Director Nimibutr co-wrote the screenplay with Sirapak Paoboonkerd, and the duo seems determined to make the Ultimate Serious Depressing Arthouse film of all time come hel_l or high water. Not having read the novel, I don't know if the story is actually so infused with tiresome sex, rampant lesbianism, incest (the insinuated and actually shown kinds), and enough dysfunction to keep an army of psychiatrist busy for centuries.

There's actually more than was mentioned in this review, such as when Kaew (Khun Luang's daughter) has a baby and it's implied that Khun Luang himself was the father, and all sorts of weird stuff.. :o

Not exactly traditional Thai entertainment! :D

Didn't see the news about 30 guys raping 2 girls last week;

Two girls gang-raped at Bangkok temple fair

The Nation 14/03/2006

14 and 15-year-old in hospital after attack by about 30 men

Two teenage girls were gang raped by about 30 men at a temple fair site in Thung Khru district, Bangkok early yesterday, police said.

At 7am, police went to Bang Pakok hospital where 14-year-old Mew and unconscious 15-year-old Gig (not their real names), were treated, said Police Lieutenant Krisada Kaensamrong, of Rat Burana police station.

Their friend Tuk (also not her real name), 15, told police she, her boyfriend and the two girls were at the bumper-car booth at Wat Bang Mod Sotararam in Soi Pracha-Utit 33 after the fair closed. At about 4am, roughly 30 young men, including one named Eung who had just got out of jail, approached and forced the girls at knife point to go with them.

"I was lucky because my boyfriend knew these guys and asked them not to take me away, but Mew and Gig were taken," Tuk said.

Mew and Gig were gang raped and beaten at a spot near the temple wall. The men went on to threaten others not to interfere or they too would be raped.

Police found a pair of jeans, some sandals, two used condoms, a used tampon and a knife at the scene.

A temple fair worker, who asked not to be named, said she and a co-worker were woken by a girl's cry for help.

"I saw a girl was being raped by a group of men near to my tent. I also heard another girl's cry nearby.

We dialled 191 five times, but the line was busy. An officer answered

at about 4.30am," the witness

said, adding that it was dark and she could not see the rapists' faces. She said she just heard someone calling out "Boy".

"We waited for a long time for the police. The men finished with the girls and grabbed 10 dolls from our booth. I shouted 'Thieves!', which prompted them to flee," she said, adding that her co-workers rushed the girls to hospital.

Yesterday, police were questioning 10 teenage suspects, from whom they took DNA samples to compare them with the rapists' semen in the condoms found at the scene.

"We waited for a long time for the police. The men finished with the girls and grabbed 10 dolls from our booth. I shouted 'Thieves!', which prompted them to flee," she said, adding that her co-workers rushed the girls to hospital.

So he did nothing about 30 men raping 2 schoolgirls but when they stole 10 dolls he has a go at them. :o

If I was the family of one of these poor girls I would shove so many dolls up his arse that he would think he'd been raped by buffalow.

How could any man watch this happen and not do something ?????

I hope they get what they deserve :D

So he did nothing about 30 men raping 2 schoolgirls but when they stole 10 dolls he has a go at them. :o

If I was the family of one of these poor girls I would shove so many dolls up his arse that he would think he'd been raped by buffalow.

Reread your quoted text Kurgen. So, you are asking a woman to go out and accost 30 guys gangraping two girls, with what? Dolls?

I suspect its not that there are more rapes, just more being reported.

So he did nothing about 30 men raping 2 schoolgirls but when they stole 10 dolls he has a go at them. :D

Reread your quoted text Kurgen. So, you are asking a woman to go out and accost 30 guys gangraping two girls, with what? Dolls?

I suspect its not that there are more rapes, just more being reported.

I stand corrected :D

Still strange that SHE was braveenough to scare them of once it was her dolls at stake :o