Accommodation Recommendations In Bangkok Close To Pratunam Mall

sammy1sammy1

Would love any recommendations for great but affordable accommodation in Bangkok near Pratunam mall and markets.

Ones to avoid would be great to.

I have never traveled to Bangkok before so any places or districts to avoid would be great.

Thanks

Samantha xx

This area is the wholesale shopping area in the day . Nothing happening in the evening though.

Better would be to stay at New Siam 2 hotel near Khao San RD. Its in a quiet street near the river.

This area has a great atmosphere and also wholesale opportunities. And is safe!!

Jump in a taxi to Pratunam anytime for less than £2.

When using a taxi ,stop a moving taxi , and tell them to put the meter on.

Google NEW SIAM 2 .

I have been going to BKK for years and this is number 1 in my opinion

Look at Tune Hotel on soi 14 Sukhumvit Road its only a few BTS stops from Markets where you want to go but there is more to do there in the evening lots of restaurants bars and opposite Terminal 21 Shopping Mall.Tune Hotels owned by Air Asia has only been open since last year and is about 1000 baht a night if you book it through booking .com you get all the extras included ie tv,towels, aircon that you normally pay extra for rooms are small very clean and good value for money check it out on tripadvisor good luck.Checkout Baiyoke Tower good market there too by China Town

• Like 1

I have seen your other thread with regards to the purpose of this trip. As you mention you will be buying samples back for your business.

It is HIGHLY advisable to stay as near to platinum mall as possible as it will be your main source goods.

Reasons:

1) since you will be buying a substantial amount of clothing it's heavy. After exploring platinum mall you might want to explore the other mall nearby for more clothing. It's wise to keep it at the hotel room first before hoping to another mall.

2) If you stay outside pratunam area you might find it difficult to get a cab to go there. Most taxi drivers will avoid going there due to jam. Same if you trying to get a taxi back. There are nothing much at night in that area but getting a taxi to a more popular spot at night is extremely easy. However just insist on METERS.

It would be really helpful to let me know your budget so I can recommend a hotel for you. NOVOTEL Pratunam and grand diamond hotel both located beside it.

Slightly off topics, I should have reply in another of your thread but..

It is advisable to get a Thai to go with you when buying clothes at the malls because of the local price. :)

Since you are buying in substantial amount it can be huge saving in long run for your business.

P.S. I wish to help you out but I am not sure if I am free during May as my current appointment is full.

Edited by Happy Go Lucky

Thank you so much 'happy go lucky'.

It would be handy to be close to restaurants but i think it would be smarter to stay near the mall, as you say.

A company has contacted me yesterday so they are gonna work in with me and assist in the shopping and shipping process which is great! been searching for the right company and they seem great.

I am learning more towards the Novotel as i have stayed there Back in New Zealand... about 80AUD a night would be ideal, so around 2,500THB at a guess.

I can always look online at reviews, but it is always great to hear what people recommend or what the recommend to stay clear of. This site has been so handy! great people on here.

When you say meter for the taxis, do they all not have meters??

Thanks

Samantha

There are restaurants and street food nearby. NOVOTEL is close to major shopping centers like central world, paragon and MBK. There is 24hr macdonald below the hotel.

All taxi in thailand do have meters however some taxi drivers will quote a ridiculous price to go to your destination. Ask them to use meter before boarding.

It all depends on what your definition of 'great but affordable' is?

For some it might be the Indra-Regent others the Novotel Platinum.. Others may say the Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons fit this description..

I think we need to know what your budget is and how long you're staying in order to really narrow down a 'best fit' for you..

There really are some fantastic hotels here in Bangkok and some that can really be had for a great price when considering the western equivalents...

You did not state price range and there are many around there, all levels. Use hotel online booking services to get big discounts, often. Such as:

5-star:

Amari Watergate Bangkok
www.amari.com/Watergate-Bangkok

(newest) Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld

www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cgcw/ - Cached

Others:

Metro Resort (but don't let the "resort" work fool you; it's a small maybe botique place but very new):

The Metro Resort Pratunam is located in the most convenient area, right in the heart of Petchaburi road, Pratunam, the exotic markets. Opposite to Platinum Mall, Pantip Plaza and the other shopping malls in the nearby area such as Central World Plaza, Siam Paragon, Siam Square, MBK, Silom central business and major tourist attractions. Takes only 5 minutes to the Ratchathevee BTS station, Airport Link and surrounded by leading entertainment venues..

First Hotel: older and "tourist class" but for it's price, pretty nice.

www.viehotelbangkok.com/

VIE Hotel: Upscale boutique hotel. Across from the Ratchatewi BTS with Pratunam just down the road a bit.

Not sure what your budget is - but I have stayed many times over the years at Centrepoint Residence on Petchburi Soi 15, opposite Panthip Plaza.

It is a serviced apartment with small kitchen, lounge, desk and good internet.

Walking distance to the places you need (50 metres from Platinum)\

Ignore posts telling you to stay in Khao San road - hardly convenient to Pratunam area.

• Like 2

While not adjacent to the Pratunam Mall, I generally stay at the Royal View Resort in Pratunam. Cost is about $B1300 through Agoda, including a great breakfast buffet. It is a less than $B100 cab ride to the mall. Rooms are generous in size with a balcony, and the staff is very accomodating.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! i will take a look at each of them and hopefully one will stand out to me.

As requested:

Budget: I would say $60 per night would be cheap and $150 would be a nice hotel.

I am needing to be close to Platinum Mall.

Something with a resort feel would be amazing, that was the type of accommodation i stayed in during my travels to Phuket. Bangkok is the City though so unsure if u can get a similar resort feel.

Thanks Samantha

• 3 weeks later...

Fgis, keep quiet. The post has been in track.

When are you travelling?

I used to live in Pratunam.

Petchburi Road is where Amari Watergate is and a very nice hotel, I have stayed there since leaving Thailand. Also along the road a bit is Centrepoint. They are basically serviced apartments, very nice too, nice pool, breakfast etc. I lived there 3 months.

Message me if you want more info on the area.

Cheers