Thai Parliament Will Not Cooperate If Yingluck Refuses To Attend: Wisut

webfact

Parliament will not cooperate if PM refuses to attend: Wisut
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy House Speaker Wisut Chainarun warned yesterday that the Parliament would not cooperate with the Cabinet if Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra continued ignoring her parliamentary duties.

He said Yingluck had not attended any Parliament meetings to answer the queries submitted by the opposition, even though her party had been informed about the necessity of her presence.

Democrat MP for Bangkok Rachada Dhnadirek had submitted a query asking if the premier had any intentions to secure the right to host the 2020 World Expo. Bhum Jai Thai party-list MP Supachai Jaisamut asked about the government's sincerity in protecting the monarchy in connection with controversies surrounding the Thai PBS controversial "Tob Jote" talk show.

PM to be formally asked

Wisut said he would submit a formal letter to Yingluck, asking her to attend Parliament meetings, and if she refuses, the Parliament will have to sever its ties with the government.

Opposition whip Jurin Laksanawisit said he would call on the Parliament to issue an official rebuke for the prime minister and other ministers who might fail to attend House meetings.

In a separate development, Yingluck yesterday dismissed claims that she had abused her authority to help campaign for Pheu Thai gubernatorial candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen.

She said she had joined the campaign outside office hours and did not use her authority as premier to help.

On Wednesday, the Election Commission resolved to conduct an investigation into the complaint of Suriyasai Katasila, a coordinator of the Green Group.

The complaint alleged that Yingluck had abused her authority as prime minister to help Pongsapat obtain permission to campaign inside the compound of the First Infantry Battalion in Din Daeng.

She was speaking to reporters at the Suvarnabhumi Airport before departing on a four-day official visit to New Zealand and Papua New Guinea yesterday.

Pongsapat was at the airport to see her off.

The EC has invited commander of the battalion to testify, but the commander said he is waiting for permission to speak from his superior. The EC has said the Bangkok Election Commission can interview the commander.

The prime minister will not be summoned to testify as of now, the EC said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-22

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worse than a kindergarten. Having to tell a PM and her Ministers to do their job, the job they were elected to do. These people really take the biscuit, their arrogance and impunity are so blatant it is an outrage, and Yingluck is about to pick up an Honorary Degree in NZ for services on the international stage....what a joke.

Only goes to show how educational standards have fallen in the west - Honorary Degrees given to anyone and everyone whilst, everyone else has to attend and do very little to get one! Western Universities should take a look at attendance and see if we can reduce the hours
  • Like 1

"Deputy House Speaker Wisut Chainarun warned yesterday that the Parliament would not cooperate with the Cabinet if Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra continued ignoring her parliamentary duties."

So shes not in parliment............

post-46292-0-03565800-1363914494_thumb.j What is this place?

"She said she had joined the campaign outside office hours and did not use her authority as premier to help."

and shes not out campaingning...............

post-46292-0-73647400-1363914419_thumb.j I am not here, OK

Where's Wally Yingluck

post-46292-0-13091300-1363914533_thumb.j Here I am tee hee

• Like 2

Though I can understand why the PM should be in parliament occasionally to answer questions her reluctance might be down to the poor quality of the questions being asked if the examples given are anything to go by.

• Like 1

It's worse than a kindergarten. Having to tell a PM and her Ministers to do their job, the job they were elected to do. These people really take the biscuit, their arrogance and impunity are so blatant it is an outrage, and Yingluck is about to pick up an Honorary Degree in NZ for services on the international stage....what a joke.

Only goes to show how educational standards have fallen in the west - Honorary Degrees given to anyone and everyone whilst, everyone else has to attend and do very little to get one! Western Universities should take a look at attendance and see if we can reduce the hours

Has the NZ uni shared any details / examples of these outstanding contributions to the international stage which deserve an honorary degree?

Anybody seen anything on this?

Has the NZ uni shared any details / examples of these outstanding contributions to the international stage which deserve an honorary degree?

Anybody seen anything on this?

She's been to see Lord of the Rings three times. That probably qualifies in NZ.

• Like 1

When on Earth are her office hours? I'd have thought a pm's job was 24/7,or do we have times evrey day when there is no pm?

8.00pm. Hey Boss, Myanmar has just invaded us.

Sorry. Nothing I can do. It's outside my office hours so I have no authority. Tell thm to wait till 9.00am tomorrow.

Even then they would probably turn up 3 days late for the fight.

• Like 1

Though I can understand why the PM should be in parliament occasionally to answer questions her reluctance might be down to the poor quality of the questions being asked if the examples given are anything to go by.

Having seen some of her painfully embarrassing responses to interviews on local and international TV programs.........I can see why she would choose to avoid parliament where some members do have an IQ bigger than my shoe size.

• Like 1

Parliament will not cooperate if PM refuses to attend: Wisut

Truly a classic.

...and a fine example of the "political stability enjoyed " which is supposedly the cornerstone of the economic miracle !

• Like 1