Position Of Prime Minister Is Not Easily Replaceable: Yingluck

webfact

POLITICS
Position of PM is not easily replaceable : Yingluck

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday frowned in puzzlement and said she was working too hard to pay attention to unwarranted speculation on her replacement.

"The position of prime minister is not easily replaceable because by the people's mandate, I have been entrusted to do my job backed by the majority vote under democratic rule," she said.

Yingluck was speaking at the sidelines of her official visit to New Zealand.

She said the people could and would render their judgement on her leadership.

She said she might not be an orator to promote herself but her job performance would speak for itself.

"I may fumble with my words when delivering a speech but please don't try to fault me because I speak from my heart," she said.

The resignation of Chiang Mai MP Kasem Nimmolrat last week and Pheu Thai Party's decision to filed Yaowapa Wongsawat, former Thai Rak Thai executive member who was just freed from political ban in May, in the byelection stir speculation of her role in the country administration.

The change just came in time after Yingluck was apparently found in hot seat. The National Anti-Corruption Commission found irregularity while verifying her asset declaration report. Inconsistencies in her asset declaration and her government’s decision to issue a new passport to her brother, fugitive former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, are two issues that have put Yingluck in a hot seat leading to speculation that her sister Yaowapa Wongsawat is being prepared to step in.

The Constitution requires a prime minister to be an MP.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-22

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RELATED

BANGKOK POLL
Bangkokians did not think Yaowapa would replace Yingluck
The Nation

30202512-01_big.jpg
File photo : Yaowapa

BANGKOK: -- About one in two Bangkok residents said they did not believe Yingluck would be replaced by her sister Yaowapa Wongsawat.

Some two in five of the 1,123 respondents surveyed in Bangkok and adjacent provinces said they wanted to a limited change in the Cabinet lineup while three in ten supported a major reshuffle.

The opinion survey was conducted and released yesterday by Bangkok University.

Some two in five respondents said they wanted to see new faces in the economic portfolios.

More than half of the respondents did not see a stronger coalition if Matchima faction joined the coalition bandwagon.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-22

post-9891-0-30343200-1363940244_thumb.jppost-9891-0-79641600-1363940267_thumb.jppost-9891-0-30618000-1363940280_thumb.jp

This talk of change at the top (or near top) is unsettling for Yingluck and her fans and admirers who appreciate her good looks, fashion sense and international standing.

Her sister, on the other hand, appears to be 'all business', sort of a "she who must be obeyed" character. Does the Yingluck faction talk to the Yaowappa faction?

Do the folks at PTP have their wires crossed or is there a real strong possibility that the NACC could find her guilty of covering her ass_ ets?

I was just wondering, will the cabinet and Yingluck be the first people in Thailand to be fitted for Google Glass.

Just think the opportunity that would present, no "I don't know" responses any more. The answer would float in front of their eyes and they could all lie in harmony with the script coming from where I wonder ... ... ... Indeed instant admonitions to stay "on message" or see an immediate reduction in funding would be possible. Skype would be so 2012. Hm.. what's that old saying once you have them by the wallet all else follows.

Indeed the rise of the cyborg government could be upon us all soon.

"We come in peace" [or should that be piece, ... of the action].

Edited by A_Traveller

Hm... well the PM is elected by the members of the house, not the electorate. It is after all how the constitution works.

I wonder if those who hysterically point to the creation of the Abhasit government [by the constitution - would have been same under 1997] will feel equally apoplectic about a change of "Shinawatras"?

They didn't appear to see anything wrong with it, when former-PM Somchai was substituted for former-PM Samak, in 2008. wink.png

But, but, Abhisit/Dems a few months later was clearly NOT totally different. whistling.gif

• Like 1

She said she might not be an orator to promote herself but her job performance would speak for itself.
"I may fumble with my words when delivering a speech but please don't try to fault me because I speak from my heart," she said.

Fails on both counts. Performance has been poor as far as I have seen, and the oratory poor also . . . so what's she got going for her then?

Every one ho is interested of Thailand around the world knows that existing military constitution totally block the Democratic rules . Thailand will never improve the development without change the constitution to s constitution suitable for the people's of Thailand.

I guess shes right, you'd struggle to find another air-headed bimbo to take up the role... or maybe not.

Don't worry, older sister's waiting in the wings to take over once the current PM gets slapped on the wrist very soon.

Every one ho is interested of Thailand around the world knows that existing military constitution totally block the Democratic rules . Thailand will never improve the development without change the constitution to s constitution suitable for the people's of Thailand.

Hm.. Have you read it? Have you then compared it to the 1997 Constitution [aka The People's Charter]?. If you had you might get a surprise as to how similar these documents are.

Edited by A_Traveller
  • Like 1

How would she know, never done the hard yards before politics, never done the hard yards in politics, Yingluck walked in off the street ,into the top job in Thai and now she tries to tell me she is not replaceable , veiled threats in someone's direction from far away in kiwi land:coffee1:

Did you actually read the article?

Fails on both counts. Performance has been poor as far as I have seen, and the oratory poor also . . . so what's she got going for her then?

Any of her performance been in Parliament? The Opposition's job is to make the Government work for its living.

Sorry, must be going off topic - Yingluck and work? I'd better have a lie down

orally she has potential.....may even perform too!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif