World Cup Qualifiers 22Nd March - Games On Tv?

bangkok blue

Ask someone nicely to look in the sports section of the Bangkok Post.

I checked the "Post" this morning but threw it out. But, I noticed tons of games on True throughout the night and morning.

Yes, but unfortunately they don't say which games, which is a pain in the arse!

Population 31,000. About the size of my local amphur town then. Should have been 20-0 at half time with an agreement to mix up the teams to make a game of it for the second half!

Allowing micro states into global competitions is a triumph of political correctness. Usual football adninistration w_nkers gone mad.

Edited by SantiSuk

I don't actually see why they are in it. Why aren't the Vatican there?

"Oh and that's a two footed tackle on the Pope by Rooney. It's a red card! And three Hail Marys!".

If the Vatican did have a team, would be a chance for Scotland to actually win a gametongue.png

Population 31,000. About the size of my local amphur town then. Should have been 20-0 at half time with an agreement to mix up the teams to make a game of it for the second half!

Allowing micro states into global competitions is a triumph of political correctness. Usual football adninistration w_nkers gone mad.

you'll have to explain what it has to do with political correctness.

there's a case to be made for having tiny nation states pre-qualify but i don't think it has anything to do with institutionalised politeness.

there's a case to be made for having tiny nation states pre-qualify but i don't think it has anything to do with institutionalised politeness.

Clue: Every country is a potential vote for Blatter.

Clue: Every country is a potential vote for Blatter.

that's still nothing to do with political correctness though. politics, yes. corruption and sepp's being a megalomaniac dictator, head of his own private tax-free fiefdom, indeed. but it's eff all to do with political correctness.

Unlike the Americans with their "World Series" the Football World Cup is exactly that. No matter how big or small a nation is, if they are of this World they can enter.

That isn't the point. The regions are the issue. NZ are virtually guaranteed a decent shot every year, even though half the teams in Europe would pulverise them 9 times out of 10.

It should be seeded like the Davis cup.

Unlike the Americans with their "World Series" the Football World Cup is exactly that. No matter how big or small a nation is, if they are of this World they can enter.

That isn't the point. The regions are the issue. NZ are virtually guaranteed a decent shot every year, even though half the teams in Europe would pulverise them 9 times out of 10.

It should be seeded like the Davis cup.

Oh, sorry. It thought it was about allowing small countries in and it being politically correct etc.

However, I see what you are saying above but it would be difficult for qualifiers having it any other way than regional. Could you imagine this week if England had to play New Zealand and then Agentina. It's just too much travelling.

Personally, I hate seeding (like the Champs League) so I wouldn't want to go down that route. To me, it should be everyone in a hat and who you draw, you play and that would be the start of the World Cup proper, instead of qualifiers. But they wouldn't want that as there would be a big chance that the big nations that draw the crowds and money may not make it to the actual Finals.

Just as I'm posting this I have had a thought, which is it could be similar to the FA Cup where the Prem come in at a later stage. You could have a comp where those ranked above the top 64 all do qualifiers first. The top 64 then join in and simply get picked from the hat in a draw.